Heat issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my only choice is to vent out of the window and yea, since this is a really old house, it have them damn raideator heaters boiler .. I do want to bring air in from outside, but I still gotta get the glass out first. last night the temps got down to a cool 55*.. not suppose to get that many more hot days they said. the basement its self stays around 75* but much cooler during the fall and winter... heres how these bars and the outside of the window look.

w1.jpg

w2.jpg

I see I see.
You gots a "security" or one way screw.

Here's my favorite method. I use a center punch placed on the sloped portion( as close to the outer edge of screw head as possible) of the one way and rap repeatly with a hammer. Once the the head makes a few turns and rises above the surface, just use the vise grips to grab the head and complete the unscrewing. This method works on the flat headed ones that are flush with surface and hardest to remove. Just remember to direct the fast raps to "walk" the screw, no hard blows needed. A hard blow can cause the punch to slip and mar the work. This method has never failed me.

LH.

Well I got it off. . Got the system running and I will have details layer on today. .. I Was gifted some jedi kush seeds and so ready to stay them up... After I get everything all set, imma take a last pic of the whole setup

IMHO run your lights at night. Be alot cooler
LH.

The temps are at 87 now better then the lady temps. . But yeah I did want to run them at night anyway. .. Start Up my seeds later next week. . By the time it ready to flower things should be really fine. ... jusBlaze

So were do you stand now dude.
You ever get a chance to run that at night.
LH.

Yea I did. . I thought I had posted that lol oh well. . It had for up to 85-87°.. still higher then what I want it to be, they will still suffer in there I think.

Here's a list of the order I had placed today. . My last order didn't go through.. back trotted to confirm that I was making a purchase but I don't really answer 1800 numbers, this time there name piped up and I picked up lol

Product: T H Seeds Chocolate Chunk
Options: Regular Cannabis Seeds - 10 seeds
Quantity: 1
Price: $70.11

Product: T H Seeds Da Purps
Options: Regular Cannabis Seeds - 05 seeds
Price: $54.52

Product: Humboldt Seed Organisation Chemdawg
Options: Feminized Cannabis Seeds - 05 seeds
Price: $59.98

Product: Humboldt Seed Organisation Bubba Kush REGULAR
Price: $85.97

Product: TGA Subcool Seeds Plush Berry
Options: Regular Cannabis Seeds - 05 seeds
Price: $46.73

Product: Nirvana Seeds Bubblelicious Autoflowering
Options: Feminized Cannabis Seeds - 05 seeds
Price: $40.50

Product: Sativa Seeds Haze #1
Price: $31.15

Product: Nirvana Seeds Blue Mystic
Price: $24.92

Product: FEMINIZED UFO #1 Samsara Seeds Punky Lion
Product Code: FEMINIZED UFO #1
Price: $0.00

Product: FEMINIZED UFO #2 Delicious Seeds Critical Jack Herer
Product Code: FEMINIZED UFO #2

Product: FEMINIZED UFO #3 World of Seeds Medical Collection Afghan Kush x Yumbolt
Product Code: FEMINIZED UFO #3

Product: FEMINIZED UFO #4 Dinafem Seeds White Widow
Product Code: FEMINIZED UFO #4

Product: FEMINIZED UFO #5 Dinafem Seeds Cheese
Product Code: FEMINIZED UFO #5

Product: T H Seeds Sage 'n' Sour
Quantity: 4
Product Code: S016

Product: T H Seeds Sage 'n' Sour
Quantity: 2
Product Code: S016

Product: Humboldt Seed Organization Pineapple Kush
Quantity: 4
Product Code: HUMN151

Nice list.
Can u bring air from the windo into the bottom of the tent "passive". N out the other side of window exhaust out at night temps cooler should help bringing in the night temps. N not just you basement temps.

On further note u could have put 2-3 of those strains off for a couple months n used it to pay for a cool tube of cooled hood. N have the proper conditions
LH.

Imma use my 4 inch booster fan to being air in. Jus haven't felt like filling wroth the Window again. . And I been looking in to them cool tube. . Can they be put on a magnetic ballast? Nothing can unhook from the ballast

Yes they can be.
Booster fan may aid in the bringing in but not a hole hell of allot. Most to all the sucking in to the tent will be from negative pressure or I guess on the "passive" intake.
That cool tube will drop temp 5-10 degrees. In that range.
There handy lil units in times of trouble.
LH.

Hey guys, for my grow up and running and started up my journal check me out sometime

HERE YEE HEAT LESS ok ok ok. I see my experience with heat will help.
as stated several places on the internet, put your hood fans/coolers BEFORE
the bulb. this creates positive pressure, while pulling out causes negative pressure.
At first I didn't believe it. BUT since I put the inline duct fan before the bulb, I have had to turn off my top room outlet fan, and both my bottom I/p fans and still can't get the 4 x 4 indoor room past 73 deg f. also Huge heat drop with new hortilux 1000 hps. wow.
think my used bulb was worn out, infared, heater. growth was slow too. ok now.
seriously ductfan goes before the bulb. tell all about my experience. something to do with
positive pressure blowing all the heat in the hood out. neg pressure causes hot hood air to
stagnate in the low pressure corners. its true. pos pressure causes all hot air out. This didnt seem right to me at first, but its an important amazing fact of hood cooling. pass the knowledge.
on my 1000hps hood I/p I put a 460 cfm centrifugal fan, (was too loud, but a cheap speed controller for $29 enabled variable speed, its set to minimum speed. I cant hear it).
now if we are not discussing cooling hoods, therefore rooms, then neg fan helps vent top air of course. I'll never have heat fears again. I now know the secret.
pos fan prior to bulb/input hood duct. in other words, its better to blow into a warm hood, than
pulling it out. the warm air heats up the hood/room too much. VITAL HOOD COOL FACTS.

Your "facts" sound a little flawed to me. I used a 6" flex duct with a 470cfm vortex fan at the outlet end and the lights and filter at the opposite end. My fan sat 10" from my 2 600w light hoods. I also had carbon filters connected to the lights by way of the flex hose and the 1 fan was able to keep both lights cool enough for me to put my hands on them. My room temps with lights on never got over 80f and typically ran around 75f.

Besides that, a duct fan isn't going to move air out of a space because it doesn't have the ability to force air out by pressure. All it does is create a little wind. I had 2 duct fans that I used on my veg cabinets and had to connect clip on fans to the open doors, blowing fresh air in so that I could keep them cool enough as the duct fans couldn't pull enough air out of the cabinets to keep them cool.

I don't know how your system is getting the results that you are stating, but if your centrifugal fan is too noisy then you have the wrong one, or its connected wrong. I had 3 vortex 470cfm fans and When I ran them at 75%, they were quiet and removed all the heat necessary. :)

Latest posts

Back