Sopappy's grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot the picture of my hempy buckets. I'm too lazy to gather all those items for the layers (massproducer) and I have a lot of coco and perlite to get rid off. I'm just going to use the same nutes I plan on using for the RDWC.

On the hempy buckets...
That lowest part of the pocket below the drilled hole gets flushed out every time you water. I don't follow that. Why doesn't the descending water just go out the hole instead of down to the bottom of the bucket and push all the old stuff out?
I have the perlite layer in plain water right now at the bottom of a bucket. I'll add the 50/50 and the plant (well, maybe not the plant just yet) and prepare a batch of nutes. 2 litres should displace the existing water. I forgot to ph the water with the perlite, it's about 8.6 so when I add the initial 2l, I'll catch the water coming out of the hole. It should be about 8.6 but I think it's going to be about 6

View attachment gang.jpg

View attachment monday.jpg

Scratch the Hempy pots. I don't think the water below that drain hole ever changes. I prepared a bucket with perlite below the drain hole and filled up to the hole with city water, 8.7 pH. I filled the pot with coco/perlite 50/50 and put 2 qts of nuted water in to the pot 6.1 pH. I caught the water coming out of the drain hole. 6.2 pH
Then I just kept filling it up again and again with cold tap water, 8 - 10 quarts and slowly the pH starts to rise but I gave up after 6.7
So now the pot is cold, condensation on the outside even. So when the draining stops, I add 2 litres of hot (very) water. I can almost see the line around the level of the drain hole where the condensation stops and the first water out is warm. Below the hole, pot is cool, above the hole pot is warm.

This is the two bucket set-up for my smaller LED. The drip loops will have 3 spouts when finished but no air stones. I'll have a lid for the reservoir but that's a submersible pump. I'm running it ;looking for leaks, it didn't take long. I'm afraid to put any more torqure on those plastic threads. I'd think I'd be okay with Aquarium silicone... is ordinary silicone just on the outside okay? I didn't want to put that gasket on the inside either.
I'm going to try moving a couple of the plants in to the clay pellets. I'm supposed to wash all the roots off with a spray bottle.

View attachment small Led.jpg

View attachment leak.jpg

Hiya's pappy, was just checking in. It looks like your still deciding on what type of set-up you want to run. Your way past my knowledge now...it took me six months to research and see what a 5gal dwc is and how to make it work. I just want you to have a massive grow with a bunch of weight.

I'm not touching my seeds. I'll practice with these instead.
I actually held one of those plants under running water to clean the perlite and coco off the roots. It was awful, I felt like I was water boarding a plant.
If she survives the night, I'll try another one tomorrow.
Ph is 6.1 and ppm is 1500, full strength nutes and H2O2 (1.2ml/L)

I'd say waterboarding would be stuffing the green part of the plant under water and leaving it there. If you consider Hydro, I mean... roots sit in bubbling water. hah :)

Just be very gentle and try to break as little amount as you can. Some people cut root balls in half to "spare time" or even make sure something doesn't get too big. Crazy huh? I've seen it done in my researchings, but dang!!

I'd say waterboarding would be stuffing the green part of the plant under water and leaving it there. If you consider Hydro, I mean... roots sit in bubbling water. hah :)

Just be very gentle and try to break as little amount as you can. Some people cut root balls in half to "spare time" or even make sure something doesn't get too big. Crazy huh? I've seen it done in my researchings, but dang!!

Roots in water indeed hahaha, there was just something about it that seemed soooo wrong :)
The one survived overnight so I tackled another one this morning.
I have one very sick looking plant I didn't notice under the LED but jumped out at me under the T5
Got a get me a pair of them shades :)

Last picture is what's left of the coco run, 3 more go under LEDS Tuesday or so and the rest will have to languish under the T5

SO NICE to finally have something growing in here again.

View attachment 2totango.jpg

View attachment uh oh.jpg

View attachment 3moretogo.jpg

That sounds amazing one plant per light. That should rock this grow. Greenest of mojo to you.

Well, I have to THANK YOU VERY MUCH for that green mojo stuff because it sure seemed to have helped. I am taking 5 of these tortured girls and putting them under the LEDS, 2 under 1 (done) and 3 under the other (Tuesday) .... so not quite one per light (only Kravenhead can pull that off :) but I'm thinking I'm just about right here with almost 60W per plant, should be PLENTY.

If I can just get P Jammers to drop by and bless this, I'll be good to go. :)

Well you certainly didn't need to come off as a jerk in the other thread to get my attention, a simply, can you please come check me out with a link would have worked.

If that light is putting out 210 then it should be good to go provided you can train the plants to sit under it.

What is the footprint of this light coverage wise advertised? My guess is 2x3 maybe? A good plan may be to build yourself a home made scrog setup out of PVC or the like and train these to sit under the footprint of the light.

Sort of like this
View attachment example.gif

I think running straight up you'll struggle so you want as many tops as you can get at the top of the canopy.

Happy growing

Well you certainly didn't need to come off as a jerk in the other thread to get my attention, a simply, can you please come check me out with a link would have worked.

If that light is putting out 210 then it should be good to go provided you can train the plants to sit under it.

What is the footprint of this light coverage wise advertised? My guess is 2x3 maybe? A good plan may be to build yourself a home made scrog setup out of PVC or the like and train these to sit under the footprint of the light.

Sort of like this
View attachment 223511

I think running straight up you'll struggle so you want as many tops as you can get at the top of the canopy.

Happy growing

Ya, I know, I know. I ran out of pot and bought a case of beer. I should know better than to email or post anything but it's not the first time. I hate waking up to count beer bottles. I do apologize for that cheap shot. Good of you not to stoop to my level.

I don't think it's putting out 210, my watt meter thingie says 175W
The smaller LED has 6 modules and the bigger one has 10
The pattern at 2 feet matches the modules, a sq ft per module, 30 watts ea
so, yup, you nailed it, 2 x 3 and 2 x 5
http://opticgrowlights.com/360-watt-force-led-grow-light.html

Yup, I'd like to try that scrog thing, that looks like chicken wire, 2 inch squares, I could try that but do I want that stadium seating using an LED?
I'm thinking flat from one end to the other.

I had the small LED 1 foot above the 14 dirty coco survivors and thought all okay as 11 look not bad but 3 of them are hurting...
You say 3 feet in veg... which is where they are now but the 3 sick ones... is that burn from the LED?

Attachments

• 3 sick.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 132
  • 11 not bad.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 114
I tried the SEARCH but didn't get very far: I want to adjust the PH in my buckets.
I have 32 Litres required (3 buckets and control, 8 L each) I've never adjusted this large a quantity before but with smaller amounts , I found it real EASY to overshoot the mark and even hit 4.2 once. Not such a big deal, I'd just add more water.
But in a bucket system, that's going to be a pain so I've got 32L running with nutes and temps purdy good but PH is 6.2
I figure I want 5.5 - 5.8 so I've been adding 10 drops, waiting an hour, adding 10 drops, waiting an hour, I'm up to 40 drops and it's not really moving... is there some trick to this? Should I be adding a ml at a time, 5 ml at time, a cup?
:hairpull:

It takes me about 2 mils, to get 3 litres down to 6.5 from 8.5. Maybe try 5 ml at a time but use less when you get close to your target number, you should not have to wait that long to adjust, when your ph meter reading stops moving, adjust some more. I grow in dirt so that is how I do it.

I'm looking to drop 3 points... 8.7 to 5.7 with 10x the volume, I'm guessing 20 - 30 ml. There are about 25 drops in a ml, I'd have been up all night hahaha... and no waiting? I think I complicate this stuff. And 5ml increment steps sounds just about right too. Thanks for that, MR1

I really thought all those plants would die but they didn't. I forgot basics and allowed them to become root bound in those small pots (Thank you for your reply MR1 !!) so now I have a dozen plants that will not FIT under my lighting.

I stumbled across this by Stoney Bud and it seems the answer to my dilemma:
"As the plant grows, you remove ALL but the primary center branch. This will allow you to have many more plants in the same space. Each will have one massive primary cola"

By the centre branch, does he mean the stem?
I'm also assuming I leave the fan leaves and just trim the branches.

View attachment one of too many.JPG

View attachment two of too many.JPG

Hiya's pappy, was just checking in. It looks like your still deciding on what type of set-up you want to run. Your way past my knowledge now...it took me six months to research and see what a 5gal dwc is and how to make it work. I just want you to have a massive grow with a bunch of weight.

Holy crap that TOR is tedious to use here,.... third try...

Hey Kraven! I keep wanting to call you Cliff
You must be getting out the scissoirs. What's next for you?
I have 10 of those survivors in dirt now in 2qt pots and will trim for one cola each figuring they've been through so much, I'll be lucky to get that hahaha
BUT
Meanwhile, I have the two buckets ready for another try from seed. I have notes from you re germinating in a solo cup and moving in to the clay pots when roots show.
I'm reviewing your grow of course but will still have questions.
Are you doing another one in your bucket?
How do you clean your bucket after harvest?
(after nutes running in my test rig, it's slimey, yuck)

Pictures:
I'm still picking perlite out of the clay pellets, afraid it'll clog the pump.
I trimmed all branches on a plant for practice
10 in soil hope to fit under that LED, one cola each

View attachment perlite.JPG

View attachment 10 in dirt.JPG

View attachment trimmed for basebal bat.JPG

Holy crap that TOR is tedious to use here,.... third try...

Hey Kraven! I keep wanting to call you Cliff
You must be getting out the scissoirs. What's next for you?
I have 10 of those survivors in dirt now in 2qt pots and will trim for one cola each figuring they've been through so much, I'll be lucky to get that hahaha
BUT
Meanwhile, I have the two buckets ready for another try from seed. I have notes from you re germinating in a solo cup and moving in to the clay pots when roots show.
I'm reviewing your grow of course but will still have questions.
Are you doing another one in your bucket?
How do you clean your bucket after harvest?
(after nutes running in my test rig, it's slimey, yuck)

Pictures:
I'm still picking perlite out of the clay pellets, afraid it'll clog the pump.
I trimmed all branches on a plant for practice
10 in soil hope to fit under that LED, one cola each

Yea check ma thread I did a bunch of pic's of the take down and hang.
Yea I'm going to germ a seed hunters afgooey about three days before the dry finishes so that i can just drop it in and let it run.
My bucket never got slime, but the water temp was always below 74F and I did weekly res changes. I just boiled my hydroton for about 30 mins, cleaned my stones in a H2O2 and used the same solution to clean all my gear. It's all dry and ready for new air lines and water and a plant.

Looks like your grow is coming along, greenest of mojo for the finish :aok:

Friggen' Tor won't let me post.
Oh ,halleluiah, it worked this time... wow look at he size o' them stalks!! That oughta hold ya!
I'm intimidated but timing is right... I'm going to try and tag along this time, hope you don't mind.

Last edited:
snipped
I just boiled my hydroton for about 30 mins, cleaned my stones in a H2O2 and used the same solution to clean all my gear.

Oh, I'm liking this detail you are getting in to, I like details hahaha, I read and read and read but it amazes me how I forget the damn details!

Quick one, how do you mix up your cleaning solution with the H2O2 ? The label warns me to dilute it but doesn't say how much ??? and do you wear gloves? I had a finger turn white just opening the cap

THANKS!

PS those nuggets sure looked pretty, anxious to see what you do with Boniva 62% ... this place is phenominal, get it? PHENOminal? I just read up on that and forgot most of it already, too complicated for me, I'm a smoker, not a grower
But I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night!

Darn, this TOR browser is driving me crazy, I'll post when i figure out why it keeps logging me out !!! but it probably only happens to me.
So, Kraven, you have 20 minute headstart on me already ehhhh?
okay, hot on your heels.....

Latest posts

Back