LED Grow Tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

The Hemp Goddess

Looking for advise and words of wisdom. I will be setting things up this week. My shoulder is hurting like !@#* (hope I do not have a rotator cuff injury), so am trying to take things easy until I can get to see the doc. My friends that I grow for are going to help me finish cleaning out the room and put the tent up today and I am going to fix them something yummy to eat.

I will be moving my grow from my master bedroom/bathroom to tents in the spare room--only a bit smaller than I have now. Going to be remodeling the master bath and thought I'd turn the closet back into a walk in closet and the bathroom back to a bathroom from the potting shed I seem to use it for now.

3 x 5 Secret Jardin Tent
768W Apollo Purple Sun LED
700W Mars II LED
4" & 6" exhaust fans/filters (which ever I will need)

The Mars light is not here yet. It will probably be here the end of the week....but it was shipped FedEx :eek: rather than UPS, so you never know....

I don't know what I will need to keep things cool, so will experiment a bit. The room is on the north side of the house, so it will be easier to keep cool than the south side that gets a lot of sun. And I am sure that I will be blown away by the difference in the heat the lights put out.

I will be reading up on training for LED grows and welcome any advise. I am like a newbie--maybe worse as I am used to "the old ways". A new adventure begins!

The 32" x 32" tent with a T5 is up. The 3 x 5 will go next to it. I am having trouble getting pics to load, so will try later....but suffice it to say that the rooms is still a mess.

Oh boy, am i ever glad to be the first one in here! Congratulations THG. I think it is awesome. Much pink mojo to you my friend. You won't need it, you got this.:vap-Bong_smoker:

Woot, Gratz THG. The only thing I know about LED's is that you need 1/2 the food, Doc fried his by not listening to PJ, plus there is little stretch. It will be a fun new journey for you THG, your a Master Gardner you'll have this down in no time, and your gonna be blown away by the trich production.

Welcome to the age of LED. There will be a learning curve but you should get through it fairly easy.

Will pull up an old shoe over here to get comfy in. Green Mojo.

I wanna watch......... led pink mojo THG.

:48:

AARRRGGGGG!!!!!

Friends came over and set the tent up for me and.....it is 5 x 5, not 3 x 5. I don't have that much light and I just didn't want a tent that wide...which is why I went with the 3 x 5 instead of a 4 x 4. PITA to try and ship anything from here. I am not sure we could get it repacked in the bag and box it came in. I do have enough room in the spare room, but didn't want it filled with tent that I cannot adequately light. I can put up a reflective partition, which is probably what I will do....sigh....pick up the bong.....

Big fat bummer... sorry that happened.. join you on the bong.

I think you can make it work with a partition. On a positive note, just think about the HPS vs LED you can eventually run in that Monster Tent. :D

Awww damn on the tent thing, but I am very excited to see you roll with LED's to try. Only thing I can say would be check my thread directly as it's straight from HPS to LED with me being stubborn and trying old habits. Acknowledge a few things right out the gate, and just accept them as they are without question.

1/2 the nutes!
More distance from tops than HPS
Trim and prepare plants a bit differently

I'm sure you'll catch on no problem! I know I will be here everyday checking in to see however I can help you. It's my turn to return the favor however I can! :D :aok:

Back to the bummer of you getting a 5x5 ...Yeah, a partition will be put up eh? :( BUT at least you can use the other portion of the tent for other "things" like external res and such, right?

...I'm trying to find the bright side.. lol :D

PS
Definitely go with the 6"

I think you can make it work with a partition. On a positive note, just think about the HPS vs LED you can eventually run in that Monster Tent. :D

I made some partitions out of pvc, panda film and duct tape........ very lite and you can make them any size width or height you need........ plus they can be put a side to do work and store. I got 3 of them now.

Fed Ex sucks.
I always request UPS or USPS.
Most sellers will oblige.

Good luck Goddess:)

Cant wait to see this grow THG. Good Green Mojo

It sucks when you have to to send stuff back. Happy led growing THG. :joint:

I feel your pain bought a tent online got. A 5x9 not a 4x8 .
Hope it works out

THG,
Congrats on joining the LED party. With an open mind you will grow well, with a closed mind that grow will go down that well. Now, take them 2 green thumbs and grow, grow, grow.

I love all the "You Go Girl" s that I am getting. I am so stoked. Now I need some advise. If I keep the 5 x 5 tent, which is still debatable, how much should I partition off? The Apollo 768W tested at 374W. and I believe that he Mars II is around 320W? DGF is that right? So, looks like just under 700 working watts.

And how large for the exhaust fan? I do have speed controllers, so can go with one of the 6", but would like to use the 4" if that would be enough. As I believe at this point that I am going to put the vegging plants under the LEDs, when will trimming/training need to start? They are all quite short and stout at this point--internode spacing is close. They have been vegging under T5s.

This is what I started with. Still working on what it is going to look like and where the tents are going to go. The 32" x 32" is already in there. I think it is moving to the other side of the room (LOL--the 5 x 5 looks big enough to have slumber parties in). I think it will sneak in on the other side of the electrical panel. Running a new breaker for the tents.

View attachment 5-25-15 005.jpg

View attachment 5-25-15 004.jpg

I love all the "You Go Girl" s that I am getting. I am so stoked. Now I need some advise. If I keep the 5 x 5 tent, which is still debatable, how much should I partition off? The Apollo 768W tested at 374W. and I believe that he Mars II is around 320W? DGF is that right? So, looks like just under 700 working watts.

And how large for the exhaust fan? I do have speed controllers, so can go with one of the 6", but would like to use the 4" if that would be enough. As I believe at this point that I am going to put the vegging plants under the LEDs, when will trimming/training need to start? They are all quite short and stout at this point--internode spacing is close. They have been vegging under T5s.

This is what I started with. Still working on what it is going to look like and where the tents are going to go. The 32" x 32" is already in there. I think it is moving to the other side of the room (LOL--the 5 x 5 looks big enough to have slumber parties in). I think it will sneak in on the other side of the electrical panel. Running a new breaker for the tents.

Go with 6" definitely, as long as you put on fan speed controller for the rare adjustment occasions. I keep my 6" at 3/4 power most of the summer and on low in the winter. So much better than the 4" for air movement for that amount of space!

Which Mars fixture did you get? Oh yeah, the 700 which has 300W~380W actual draw power. The draw power they post is generally good. My 400's do 180w actual draw (tested on meter). I believe the 700's actual draw rings in around 360w so that plus your Apollo puts you at close to 734w of actual draw. I'm doing 720w draw TOTAL in each of my 4.5 X 4.5 X 7 tents, but I have 4 fixtures so a tad bit more overlapping. With that said, you're going to ROCK your space. I think you could do the whole tent honestly.....but that may be the old me coming back, hopin' beyond hope. LOL

Awesome on the new breaker... I LOVE when projects turn out much larger scale than you anticipate, but you roll with it with STYLE. haha!! Fun when that happens, and looks like you're getting stylish :)

I can not wait until you see the increase in resination and terrapins. Are you running a strain you're familiar with? (Sorry, I'll re-read first post real quick). Yeah, you didn't mention that I noticed. Explain your genetics please miss :) Also, what's your nute line up including additives? Are you going to roll with our suggestions? If so, I don't think it's too far off of what you've been used to anyways, honestly.

the 4" is going to struggle IMO -but- my cabinet's air-flow is NO TENT's!

If optimized, possibly the 4" -but- the 6" might be quieter ...

mmmm choices :48:

just don't push the shoulder doing ANY(thing) of it, simply not worth it.

:bong: as necessary

Latest posts

Back