LED Grow Tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to talk a bit more about coverage. One of the "selling points" of LEDs is that you can run 1/2 the wattage and get the same or better results than an HPS. Going off that premise--i.e. 500 working watts of LED should replace a 1000W HPS--I should be able to light the entire tent. I do not have the exact wattage for the MarsII, but the Apollo checked out at 368 draw. I figure that I have 700 or so working watts. I wouldn't worry about putting 1400W into a 5 x 5 space. So exactly what should I expect the 700W to cover? I realize that more smaller lights would have been better, but I was actually expecting a 3 x 5 as that is what I ordered. But the 5 x 5 was what I got and it was just too big a PITA to send back.

Wow THG, Finally got time to read the whole post, sucks getting more tent than you want, but the up side is you have a bigger tent. G13 uses partitions and that is one of the ways you can maximize the space. I wish I was up to speed on LED, I simply have not done my homework, not going to till I can swing quality LED's personally, so all I can add is an adda girl, you can do it....because you can and will once you get the right information.

The draw on the Mars 400w fixtures is 180w... you have a 700 right? I think the draw on that is around 370 watts.

I use 180 x 4 in my 4.5' x 4.5' space.

You'll do good Mrs. If you have to, partition some space, but I personally would give it a go the way you are now.. but I'm a gambling man. LED's don't reflect TOO much, so... :)

Well, DGF, I am a gamblin' gal also. And this is a learning experience. If I do run off the premise that I can run 50% of the watts when running LEDs as I do when running HPS, then I should be okay with 700W in a 5 x 5. I have pretty much decided that I will use how much ever space I need for the plants I have. Partitions are easy to make with PVC and panda film. I will be moving 2 plants into there as soon as I get home. I do have a fair amount vegging right now, but most of them are still somewhat small.

Thanks all!

Well, I just hate my big tent. I hate everything about it--it is too big, it has light leaks, there is no where to hang things, the vents aren't where I want them to be....So, I spent Sunday moving everything back into my old closet. I put all the hydro plants I have going now into the closet yesterday and gave everyone flowering nutes. Today, they had a short 4 hour light period and the lights went off at noon to switch to a midnight to noon flowering period. We have at least 2 weeks of brutal heat coming. In the mountains though, even if it gets to 108 during the day, the night will cool down to the mid 60s.

I will post up a pic or 2 tomorrow when the lights come on. I don't have the carbon filter connected yet, but cannot smell the plants on the deck--the room exhausts under the deck. The Satori has been under the LED for about 2 weeks, but between having company for a week and my bf in the hospital, she was neglected and she hated the pH perfect. The new growth is looking a bit better.

Going for a swim--that will be my salvation through the heat wave. There is a pool at the bottom of the hill and I have a monthly pass. And there is something about geothermal water that just makes you feel better.

Later.

I am so sorry you hate your tent. That is a BIG drag. Sucks really THG. That tent has given you so much extra work... sorry. Did you get it light tight?

It is not the work as much as the money--LOL, I have more time than money. The disassembly, which I have not done yet is not going to be fun either. I am going to get a gal friend of mine to give me a hand.

No, couldn't get it light tight either. I was just staying out of the room at night. Light came out through the zippers and I could not get the vent holes tight enough either.

what's going on with that LED grow THG? I hope it is satisfactory?

I struggle forward. I took some pics, but could not get them to load. I have been quite busy and haven't tried lately. There are some of the plants that I simply cannot trim up like you should for LED--they are Indicas that are just so short and squat. I never though I would be trying to encourage stretch. I will try again to get some good pics.

throw them under some hps first couple of weeks and the move them under LED.

I never though I would be trying to encourage stretch.

These have been some of the thoughts I attained in the first few months hahahaha... I now encourage a stretch! :D

Starting to steer away from squat heavy indica leaners... Sativa Hybrids for life!! hahaha :)

I can see that some set up and experimentation is required to make it all work. If an experienced grower is having trouble getting everything set up, a newbie would probably give up. That's a shame. I know you'll get passed it all and do well, but I can see its a PITA.

If an experienced grower is having trouble getting everything set up, a newbie would probably give up.

Absolutely, I see it too. I'm glad I got things sorted out on my end, but dang, it was some serious learning curve.

Ill stick to my T5s and HPS. Im an Old Dawg that aint ready for that trick. LOL
And props to you LED growers. Yall are doing a great job.
Ill use them to light up my house and TV. he he

I was having trouble posting pics. I figured out if I resize, I can post. So here is an old picture taken July 9th, I believe. I will take a couple in the morning to compare.

View attachment 044-1.jpg

the stretch looks okay in that 1month+old pic :aok: i am watching those led grows closely, i bet many others are too, looking for real trials with real results, really hoping to see LEDs meeting their claims to be able to replace HPS with superior efficiency. paint has a super easy resize option, just open with paint, click resize, erase the 100 and type the new percentage that you want it resized to, then close the pic, it automatically asks if i want to save, it takes me seconds for each pic ;)

Latest posts

Back