Report:KELP Poison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FUM

Reaction score
:confused: I just read this in a 420 magazine. Mark Schenker of UC Davis Dept. of Health. It said;" Several brands of commercial kelp supp. were tested. 8 out of 9 contained toxic levels of ARSENIC OR OTHER HEAVY MENTALS."

Is there a potential that we may slowly poising ourselves?:confused:

I just collected 15gal. of kelp off the beach and was washing the salt to use later on my plants. Now I not sure if all me work was in vain.

I have patients that I'm responsible for here. I need feedback here.

Yo Ho FUM,

Great question, I grew up on the coast, and learned in my biology classes that there are many things in the ocean that absorb heavy metals, as well as other poison contaminents.

You might like this reading as a helper in your efforts;

hxxp://www.gaiaresearch.co.za/kelp.html

smoke in peace
KK:cool:

Only way to know for sure is to dry a sample and send it in to a lab to be tested. Thanks for the heads up though.

Thank you KING KAHUUANA. That story say nothing bought Arsenic though bra. Just makes me wanta go divin' and pook some oue hu (how you say parrot fish in Hi?) I spent 2 1/2 yrs. on the Big Island. Darn near every day I was in the water down miki (beach). If the waves were up we'd go body surfing, Magic sands. I learned in the winter waves bra. And if the waves were down we'd poke fish. I say we cause my partner was from Tahiti. He taught me the trade and in a good spot we could feed 50 people. We'd go night diving at shark bay (no.tip of big island) for lobsters and would bring up 5 to 12 on 1/2 hr 45min.s.Later bra. Green blessings, Ahola...

Hey there FUM,

I realize that this particular article didn't mention arsnic, however if you read this you might have spotted this little catch in there;

Kelp is highly nutritious since it has at its disposal all the nutrients which run-off from the land, but little competition to assimilate these. ["It preferentially bio-accumulates all the essential plant-nutrients, rejecting the contaminants, unless the latter totally predominate"].

Yeah, I still love night diving, and chasing a bug or two is still sweat reward for the efforts. My buddies and I used to double team on catching a bug. I held the bag behind the bug and kept it aligned while my buddy wafted his hands in the water, and as soon as they went to shoot off backwards viola, one in the bag. Seriously I don't live on the rock dude, I'm a Haole though I prefer that the term be used as a descriptive versus an obscene invective.

All said I hope that you do arrive with the answer your looking for.

smoke in peace
KK:cool:

After checking this out, there should be nothing to worry about in harvesting kelp.

Latest posts

Back