new info on drying with silica gel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reefer

Farmer
Reaction score
ok so i didnt find any place to buy large amounts of silica but i used two small packs of silica that came with some mx gear i got so i was able to do a small scale experimant on drying.

it was pretty simple actually. i put the packs in with about 2 ounces of pot in a Gladware tub. i put the silica packs at the bottom so they can absorb the most moisture with the weed piled on top.
they dried very slowly and easily.

if i only could have gotten more silica, i could have dried all my bud like this...i recomend using this if you dont have a drying room and need something simple and efficient.

i found one downfall on this however, the bud directly on top of the silica tends to loose some of thier odor which i found to be dissapointing because i love the smell...but this can be avoided if you make seperation between the two.

happy harvesting!

the only thing about this is that there are so so many diff kinds of silica and i was reading how some of the are very toxic,i came across this one stuff that they use on roses still not to sure if its 100% safe but check it out..

http://www.silicasec.co.uk/Catalogue.htm

Do a google search for dental air compressors. Comes in gallon containers. Used for drying the air and there is no dust. I don't know how toxic, but I would think it might dry too fast and too much if you don't monitor closely. Sorry too lazy to google myself.

it was pretty simple actually. i put the packs in with about 2 ounces of pot in a Gladware tub. i put the silica packs at the bottom so they can absorb the most moisture with the weed piled on top.
they dried very slowly and easily.
Seriously, I thought silica just kept your bud from molding and fresh. I have some in with my cured buds and they aren't any more dry than when I put them in.

bombbudpuffa said:
Seriously, I thought silica just kept your bud from molding and fresh. I have some in with my cured buds and they aren't any more dry than when I put them in.

it dries it EXTREMELY slow. but it works as long as you have enough to absorb all the moisture

Dyannas son said:
the only thing about this is that there are so so many diff kinds of silica and i was reading how some of the are very toxic,i came across this one stuff that they use on roses still not to sure if its 100% safe but check it out..

dude, you put the stuff in packets. If you have a bunch of the shiz then you put it a nylon or somethin. Dont mix the silica beads with your bud.

I would think it's pretty safe since there's always a pack in with my vitamins...

Latest posts

Back