ghetto hash 101

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I let mine evaporate usually... but the coffee filter idea is a champ one! I'm gonna try that one tomorrow when i get off my butt n finish the syphoning.

Hey HGB do u need bud to make this? or can u use trimmings and males to make it?

Sticky_Budz said:
or can u use trimmings and males to make it?

trim is great :hubba:

myself i cant get over the smoke'n a male thing so don't know for sure on that

myself i cant get over the smoke'n a male thing so don't know for sure on that
.......rofl..
...he must have some trichomes..sticky bud, for this method..

hey sticky like hick said :)

a male is worth less to me after i use it breed'n the girls

never have seen trichs on mine but do know they stink like a mofo.... kinda like a weak old jock strap...

think i did a how to on fire starting 101 over my way ;) little how to on what to do with males lol... might even be here too

more on get'n the floaters out.... use a metal coffee filter first, just hold it above the paper one and pour away :hubba:

happy hash'n

I saw a thread of a guy doing this on another site. Excellent low tech way to extract hash.

He had a 5 gallon bucket with a bunch of leaves off an outdoor plant and a bag of ice, and a paint stirring thinglie in the drill. Somebody came on his thread and said rather than buy bags of ice he waited till winter time and sat the bucket out in the cold.

another guy had one where he used the ice cubes to beat the trichs off in a big jar i think. That's gotta take a lotta shakin to do a good job, but it was another way.

I thought you were going to put the wire whisk into the drill when i first started reading lol; thanks for posting it up i'm gonna use this method i'm sure, before it's over. Thanks again; Good 1.

Do you also grind up the Stalk, Stems and branches??

Or just the leaves??

.."any" material with trichomes..'puff'

I followed the Ghetto method and Gumby method of making hash with
my recently killed male plants..

Are you suppose to let the male plants Dry before you turn them into hash??

I cut down the males about 2 days ago, not dry at all. moist still actually.

Total of 5 male medium size plants, where put through the blender.
It wasn't pureed, or liquified. I blended it enough to chop them down
into like coffee grain size.

Put them in the freezer

Got 5 gallon bucket, Dumped the MJ into it, dumped 7lbs bag of ice
added water to about almost 4 inches from the top of the bucket.

Got a kitchen still mixer, and beat the crap out of it for about 20 minutes.
Let it sit for about an hour.
Then I Strainedm, and strained and strained some more,
until the mixture was cleaned of all swag and debri.

BUT. my hash water mix is dark green. UNLIKE HGB's and the Gumby
method I found on the internet. You guys had like a light green tannish
color. While mine is dark green.

So i poured my mix into some jars, took my son to football practice
about 4 hours pass, I siphoned about a inch from the bottom later
(THC i suppose) of all three 1 gallon jars. Then combined them all
into 1 jar, and is currently now sitting.

Did I blend to much?? is that what is causing so much green matter?
Does the blended trim, float?? because the stuff on the bottom of my jars
are greenish.

bare with me for this is my first Hash making experience.
Where did I go wrong?? Should I have not blended it??
and just kept the plants whole and then beat it in the water with
the mixer??

My main concern is my hash mix is dark green.
Unlke others with tanish light green color mix.

So after my jar for couple of hours..

I just pour it through coffee filter, right??

and whats left in teh filter is the HASH, then dry..

right....

thanks all in advance

you ground it up to fine..... i like to use a hand powered nut grinder that leave's nice good size chunks...

the green stuff on the bottom is not trichs (trichs should be a light brown or white)but just plant matter that sunk do to being so small.... same reason the water is green

I never use males as i dont think they really have trichs to beat off them :) and they stink....

I have seen a few that ISO wash there males but i dont read those threads so don't know if it works or is even worth the effort...

this is to make hash from bud or trim from a female plant so cant help ya much with males as i have never tried to use one for any more than breeding sorry

whats left in the coffee filter will be where the hash should be

hope that helps bro and ya probly wont get much of a high off it at all soz

hash on

HGB said:
you ground it up to fine..... i like to use a hand powered nut grinder that leave's nice good size chunks...

the green stuff on the bottom is not trichs (trichs should be a light brown or white)but just plant matter that sunk do to being so small.... same reason the water is green

I never use males as i dont think they really have trichs to beat off them :) and they stink....

I have seen a few that ISO wash there males but i dont read those threads so don't know if it works or is even worth the effort...

this is to make hash from bud or trim from a female plant so cant help ya much with males as i have never tried to use one for any more than breeding sorry

whats left in the coffee filter will be where the hash should be

hope that helps bro and ya probly wont get much of a high off it at all soz

hash on

well that really sucks..

going though all that trouble for some **.. isn't life grand..
fudge it. I went through all that hassle.
im gonna filter and dry what i get left in the coffee filter.
Ill let you know if i get a little buzz or n ot..

oh fuey..

MrPuffAlot said:
well that really sucks..

going though all that trouble for some **.. isn't life grand..
fudge it. I went through all that hassle.
im gonna filter and dry what i get left in the coffee filter.
Ill let you know if i get a little buzz or n ot..

oh fuey..

let us know how it works

tip about grinding bro.... leaf or trim doesnt need it and bud just a little bit.

we dont want to destroy the trichs but just make it easy to dislodge them once frozen ;)

good luck with that and report back on the high

peace

Time to make another batch

I have 1 shopping bag packed really tight with pop corn bud and other trim as well as about a 1/2 bag of just leaf trim to run thru the gheto lab

2nd pic is about 1/2 the pop corn bag worths and last pic is what I ended up with after it was all ground up....

got that in the freezer now and will be ready to go first thing in the morning.

more to come then :D

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0003.JPG

HGB, That's gonna be some great hash. Can I smoke some? I'll do all the grunt work for some on a bong hit. LOL

PB:)

yay another ghetto hash run. can't wait to see how this batch turns out. :aok:

Pot Belly said:
I'll do all the grunt work for some on a bong hit.

the grunt work is all done :p

been type'n one handed most the day but now have this small ball of hash in the pipe and finger's now work....

help yourself porky... more to come when we get this batch ran thru :hubba:

:48:

DSCF0015.JPG

HGB said:
the grunt work is all done :p

been type'n one handed most the day but now have this small ball of hash in the pipe and finger's now work....

help yourself porky... more to come when we get this batch ran thru :hubba:

Ol' Porky says me likey............And thanky too!:p I know the hard work is already done by the time you are where you are now............The only part about growin to me that truely is a pain. All the manicuring........

Anyway, just took two tokes off some recently harvested bud and hash I just completed today. Real quick, mine was Iso hash taken from trim. I cut it up with scissors so it's manageable and shook it in a jar vigorously for ten minutes. Got a much lighter color this go round. Did not strain with a filter, but separated the trim effectively with a spoon. I got a lot of trichs this batch. The mixture finally dried today. It was very hard to scrape with a razorblade, and resembles the crystals in Folgers Crystyls instant coffee. It is not tarry like my earlier batches of hash.

Here is a bowl back atcha, Thanks for the toke man.........I wish my cammy took as good a pics as yours does. Sorry about the crappy pic......LOL:D

100_0847.jpg

100_0849.jpg

Pot Belly said:
The only part about growin to me that truely is a pain. All the manicuring

indeed it is a pita :)

make'n hash is a fast way to reduce that time for sure.... after all not much good in the green part of the plant right?

get the main buds for the taste then hash the rest (or oil) works for me ;)

thanks for the hit back porky..... I never turn down a hit of home made hash mmm mmm

haven't made a alot of iso wash myself but when I did a 2 minute shake rattle and role I was happy'r with my end product verses longer.... I think after 2-3 minutes the iso starts to leach the plant matter of nastys????? any input on that...

any who wont be long now until blast off

i`ve used "the gumby method" a couple of times with cool results.
The finished product nearly knocked me out!lol
good stuff man, if you do it right.:)

Latest posts

Back