Olive oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
today i am looking at this small cup of olive oil differently like with respect lol i only had 1/3 maybe 20ml, and it did all what it did! i didn't dare have any yet because i didn't want to get ripped so early, it's like a sleeping aid with the high that is so good especially later on like after 2-3 hours, when my mind is no more racing, and i'm relaxed, i will have some this evening for sure :D

View attachment 20150727_163931.jpg

Got ripped and loved it huh ? Sounds great.

yeah i did have some only 3 hours ago, after one hour i put my forehead down and laid on the table and fell asleep for a whole hour, then i woke still stoned till now lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTQRIv2PVSE check this video, it's quite similar to what i do, but the chef put the cannabis alone in an oven 15 mins before adding oil to it, i didn't do that, i feel like cooking it dry would degrade the thc, what do you think of that? is better or worse to heat the dry cannabis before?

cooking the MJ some before you make oil makes it stronger Zem......... I can't wait to make some tincture.

zem,
think that baking the MJ like that is what is called "decarbing". think it`s supposed to make it better, don`t remember for sure though.

yeah thanks guys, i was in fact just watching some videos on cannabis infused olive oil, and i will do that next time to put it in the oven for 15 minutes before cooking, and i will cook it for 2 hours, although some do for as little as 20 minutes, i saw a chef cooking it for 4 hours. mine had 35 minutes cooking time, is potent enough, i think i can make it killer

yeah thanks guys, i was in fact just watching some videos on cannabis infused olive oil, and i will do that next time to put it in the oven for 15 minutes before cooking, and i will cook it for 2 hours, although some do for as little as 20 minutes, i saw a chef cooking it for 4 hours. mine had 35 minutes cooking time, is potent enough, i think i can make it killer
My wife was very intrigued when I told her about this. When we get a harvest in, will plan on making some of this fancy olive oil.

My wife was very intrigued when I told her about this. When we get a harvest in, will plan on making some of this fancy olive oil.

olive oil is a part of my daily diet since i was a born, and I know a lot about it, and I have seen several videos and the thing that could mislead you, is the boiling of the oil that some "chefs" do, even the slightest boiling, for olive oil, is a disaster. olive oil must never boil, and must always be stored in darkness in glass. because i am so familiar with it, I think I can make it better than many of the recipes out there. i will let it cook slowly just below boiling point and give it time. I will cover with a tight lid to limit too much evaporation. I have seen a recipe who even used 125 grams of BUD for just 3 or 4 cups of oil and i think that is overkill and a waste of bud. 1g/10ml sounds right. i am so high atm, more than i want,

I just added 5 grams to a 125 g of butter no that didn't work out either so just added the whole 1x pound to the 5 grams of great weed, melted it and allowed to 'boil' at a medium temp in the microwave ,...total killer butter ...now for the oil thanks for the recipe

you're welcome vostok.
I was trying to do it differently the other time, using mostly bud, upping the temperature of the oil just below boiling and without using the water buffer, just a kettle in a pot on low fire, i wanted to try 3 hours cooking, it was taking too long and i fell asleep, woke after 5 hours, the oil never boiled, but it was brown, i tried some it tasted nasty, really bad after taste, and there is no effect from it, oh well that should teach me what NOT to do that is fall asleep while the fire is on. i lost 3 grams of bud

so after attempts number 1 which was a successful trial and #2 which was a mess and resulted in burnt oil, i am now doing attempt #3. I got 2 cups of ground trim with 2 cups of oil. i chose to go 1/1 ratio because this was only trim and no bud at all. heated the trim in the oven for 20minutes then i put them with the oil in one pot which i fit in a bigger pot that i had filled with water, and i set the fire on low where it is just beginning to boil but not really boiling. i kept them for 2 hours straight, as i was satisfied with the oil temp and smell, there was no sign at all of any burning. I took some oil halfway through the process ate it with thyme and sesame seeds, so yummy, the added taste of mj makes it much better but i think it needed the added time, and the result looks great, i am hoping to get some potency out of it, will know pretty soon :hubba:

View attachment 20150816_013046.jpg

View attachment 20150816_015550.jpg

View attachment 20150816_045207.jpg

View attachment 20150816_045056.jpg

View attachment 20150816_030125.jpg

I take 1/4 oz of bud to 1/4 cup oil, and grind the bud as fine as possible. Put the bud in the frying pan and then the oil right on top and I take a wooden spatula and I slowly smash out the goodies over and hour to an hour and a half over very low heat, the oil really never gets over 150F, the trick is I decarb the bud first at 230F in the oven for 27 minutes. I enjoy the process so it may not be for everyone. I'm stepping up to a magic butter machine in the near future. After the smashing is over i put it into a coffee filter in a funnel and let it sit for a day. I get almost 1/4 cup of oil back and its is a deep golden not all green looking. I use it when i bake cookies or brownies. It's quite potent.

Hi there everyone :) I just made my best olive oil yet. I have a big bag of very rich trim there must be a pound in there and it is nothing but sweet leaf and shake very resin rich. I chose to be more flexible with the method try to make most of it, I only took one ounce of trim which didn't seem to affect the size of my bag :holysheep: I grinded it as fine as possible with my fingers then placed it in the oven at 230F for 40 minutes then i poured them in a pot, and started adding olive oil over them, 1 cup and then 1/3 until i felt like the trim is sufficiently submerged. I placed that pot in a bigger pot of water barely boiling, used a small plate to sort of hold the smaller pot in the water without its bottom touching the bigger pot to prevent the oil from burning. I covered the small pot and kept adding water every while in place of the evaporated. i could leave it for 30 minutes and more with no problems and i placed my cell alarm to remind me. every time i came i would make sure there was no burning, i kept it for 2 hours and 20 minutes until i shut the fire off and left the entire thing in hot water to cool down and sit in the oil for about 6 hours until i tried the first bit. it is the most potent that i have made, I think that i achieved the desired potency where one dose was enough to make me just a bit higher than i wanted for a little while :D I as actually feeling cold from the high lol a feeling that i only ever had when i smoked after days of abstinence, but lately i have been smoking and vaping a lot, and this high happened to me from a decent dose of oil, perfect. i will post more pics in a bit

View attachment 20160206_115456.jpg

So I just checked it seems like i will turn out with a bit less than half of the oil that i put in. i added 1 cup and 1/3 ended up with aprox 1/2 cup of very rich oil. I think that i will add a little bit more oil next time, maybe up it to 2 oil cups per oz of trim to end with at leas a full cup of product...

Thanks Rose! I am glad that you liked it

So I just found out that i absolutely need some sort of juice press to really squeeze the oil out because i tried to press them against the strained and found that there is a load in there, i really want that extracted better than by hand squeezing. the herb itself is yummy can be added with a wide range of food

Try using cheesecloth and just squeezing it out with your hands. I can get virtually all the oil out that way--i.e. I start out with a cup of oil, I get almost a cup back. And the cheesecloth is finer than the strainer so it will keep more of the plant material out of your oil. Made some absolutely delightful salted caramel with cannabutter recently.

thanks THG, I saw some video where they squeezed oil out of the cheesecloth. Is eating plant matter a bad idea/
Yesterday after I made my last post, i put some oil in a small sandwich, then went to a house for a lunch with a lot of people, it was a little embarrassing because i was uncontrollably sleepy and numb. the high was bearable because of my tolerance, but my eyes were going shut alone, it had a strong sleeping effect almost like an anaesthetic! i absolutely had to excuse myself go to the next room to have a nap before i could drive back and then i got to my bed and slept it off, it felt like the best sleep that i have had in a long while. it is so very potent this oil, i cannot comprehend how the hell is marijuana not used to extract sleeping aids and other meds. people are given poison and hard drugs only to aid them to sleep! it is so easy, just let them eat some of my olive oil, one hour or 2 later, i challenge them to remain awake

Latest posts

Back