Hello glad i can join could you take a look

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gentleman25

Reaction score
well i did about 4 months research on hydroponics and well i am happy that they are growing but i feel like i am slowly killing my seedlings so i am just wondering if i am missing something. my ppm is just below 500 because i had nutrients burn and i feel i took care of that not sure if i can cut the yellow of the leaves or it will turn back green but i noticed that the plant is really dark green maybe nitrogen or its just me i have pics if it will load. PH is around 5.5,6.5 oh ya the older leaves are twisting at the ends some drooping down but over all looking flat and up thanks for reading shane

Welcome Gentleman 25. We are glad you found us. Is there a way you could put up a picture?
There are great hydro growers here that will be a long shortly. Green mojo for your grow.

Welcome to MP...........What kind of hydro setup are you using.......... What and how much are you feeding....... What is your maximum ppm reached ......... where are your plants in their life cycle.

it does SOUND like a N overdose, but we definitely need more info and a pic to help you better. welcome to MP

:welcome: to MP. A water grower will be along to help ya out. I grow in soil, so not much help here, only moral support.

Welcome to MP. You don't want your ph getting much over 6 in Hydro. Most usually start at the low end of 5.2 I believe and let it slowly rise towards 6 before adjusting it lower again.

Welcome to MP. You don't want your ph getting much over 6 in Hydro. Most usually start at the low end of 5.2 I believe and let it slowly rise towards 6 before adjusting it lower again.

Start 5.7 (no lower than 5.5) and end no higher than 6.3 for the proper drift. :aok:

It won't let me load pics said it's a security thing and or just won't load

i simply open pics with paint and resize in windows

We really do need a lot more info before we can even hazard a guess. What type of hydro are you using? What is your medium? What nutrients are you using? How old are the plants?

I start lower than 5.5--usually around 5.3 and let it drift up to about 6.0. If you start at 5.7 you are actually blocking out Mn which is only available at about 5.6 and lower. Here is a chart that shows nutrient uptake at different pH levels.

However, it may or may not be an N problem, it may or may not be a pH problem. We need more info and without more info, we are all just really making wild guesses.

Start 5.7 (no lower than 5.5) and end no higher than 6.3 for the proper drift. :aok:

Doc said it right, in veg ppm is not really the issue (I mean you cant nuke them... but its hard to burn them under 1300 and I routinely go above 1800 in veg with no problems), pH is and always will be crucial, avoid rapid pH swings, it will mimic a lock out and will really freak your plants out. Like everyone said, need info and pics to be more helpful than that.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

kraven that is interesting, i always felt like my plants needed higher ppm in flowering, so you are saying that with ppm above 1800 they don't show any toxicity in veg whereas in flowering they would? could you clarify that for me please? thanks dear friend :) cheers

kraven that is interesting, i always felt like my plants needed higher ppm in flowering, so you are saying that with ppm above 1800 they don't show any toxicity in veg whereas in flowering they would? could you clarify that for me please? thanks dear friend :) cheers

I don't let my ppms get over 1300 ever......... 90% percent of the time they stay between 1100 and 800........ I will point out that's for top drip coco.

I don't let my ppms get over 1300 ever......... 90% percent of the time they stay between 1100 and 800........ I will point out that's for top drip coco.

yes that is where i leave my ppm most of the time, 800-1000 for vegging, and 1000-1300 for flowering, but i have the ppm meter that is calibrated with NaCl so the conversion ratio is such that the ppm on a hanna would be 1200 when with mine it would read 1000. it is strain related too, but 1800 sounds high for MJ in general

Doc said it right, in veg ppm is not really the issue (I mean you cant nuke them... but its hard to burn them under 1300 and I routinely go above 1800 in veg with no problems), pH is and always will be crucial, avoid rapid pH swings, it will mimic a lock out and will really freak your plants out. Like everyone said, need info and pics to be more helpful than that.

I'm confused--he didn't say anything about ppms--he mentioned pH only? IMO, PPMs are very important during veg and you can kill plants with a ppm that is too strong. I have seen it happen and I have had it happen. A PPM of 1300 is quite high for some strains and will harm them.

In addition, if you start at 5.7 and let your pH drift up you are missing some nutrients that your plant needs.

In addition, if you start at 5.7 and let your pH drift up you are missing some nutrients that your plant needs.

Nope, it's covered in the drift. And if you have multiple strains off one res, some strains uptake better / differently at different PH's :aok:
If you have an ATO (which all hydro'ers should) then you'll drift properly from 5.7 up to the 6.2(3) range in 1-2 weeks time (example time based on 40 gal res / ebb + flo system)

5.7 - 6.2(3) :aok:

Sure, you can touch down to 5.5 if you want, but I don't really. No need. :D

Latest posts

Back