Golfers 2nd NL auto in soil w/LED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Came home tonight and she's looking much better. All the leaves are sticking straight out or pointing up. Looking much healthier than before.

Awesome! That recovery has got to give you a great feeling.

Week 7 (2 flowering)

She's doing ok, as the pictures will show. I've checked at 6am, 8pm and 11pm the last couple days. Some times she looks up and "perky" and other times the leaves around the buds seem to be hanging. Temps have been pretty much in mid-80's so I don't think it's heat. These pictures show her looking fairly perky. I have noticed less of the ends twisting (like I showed in earlier pics) - so that seems to be positive

I have some LED's that I could hang in there too. I have 2 46w warm bulbs that could help with the budding. Any thoughts on that?

I'm happy with how she's doing. Filled out great and the lst seems to have helped make her a bit bushier and let the cola not be as tall. I wonder whether I would have been better off leaving the cola tied down the entire time. It's already about 5-6" from the LED so I might try some lst to lean the cola over. All the other bud sites are looking pretty good too. Still feels like her buds may turn out 'pop corny'.

Haven't watered her at all since Sunday's final flushing. I lifted her up tonight and I can still feel a bit of dampness on the bottom. The next water will just be ph balanced water and no nutes. Depending on the ph of the run off will tell me if I feed next watering. If it is still low, I will do another watering and test again until we're right around 6.5 with the run off.

Thanks for stopping by!:cool2: Appreciate any feedback!:yay:

8hGrZG1h.jpg

MEJklBGh.jpg

kkHzsf7h.jpg

Hi6LaNuh.jpg

If your wanting to go with clear phd water I'd throw quater strength nutes in cos them autos sure love the food. Because of short seed to harvest times I rarely flust mid cycle . !! Feed the beast !

Sticky - I flushed her this weekend because of concern over the ph. Turns out the runoff was testing around 5. Flushing and adding some lime helped get it back up closer to 6. I'm concerned adding nutes again will not be beneficial until I know the ph has stabilized.

Ah I see, I hope my one gets as big as yours , I put a pic up over on my other threD.

I added in 2 46w 6000 CFL's hanging in there with the LED. I think she will be ok because it's been slightly cooler out and she should be ok with the heat.

I'm posting a pic comparing the last two (grown in veg under CFL and then flowered in LED) and this one (all in LED). I did LST on this grow and that's helped keep the Christmas tree look less pronounced. I have done much less leaf trimming on this plant. Only dead or partially dead leaves. Also, the pots I grew the first two in were ridiculously small. One of these days I'll take a picture of those pots against this 3gal fabric pot.

Sticky - hope I get buds like that cheese! :clap:

CEqXEmch.jpg

I ended up feeding her tonight. 1/2 tsp less than the recommended amounts per ff nutes - bb, gb, tb and the rec dose of calmag. She took the whole gallon without any run off. I then poured a 700ml bottle of water and after a minute got enough run off to test. Came in right between 6.5 and 7.0. I feel like we will see some good growth now the ph is in the right zone. Most of the fan leaves and new growth is coming out vibrant.

The downside is the main cola is about 4" from the LED. I'm going to have to figure something out, like pick a direction and LST over to the side. Getting some great bud growth around the bud sites on the main branches.

I'm starting to think my next grow might need to be a photo plant instead of an auto. It would seem that I might have more options to use LST aggressively. Either that or I should trade this 30" for a 48". I'm already getting enough **** about this tent that I can't get away with a 48" tent without some serious rearrangement in the garage.

Thanks for stopping by:ciao:

She's looking good today. Really hot. It's been about 88-90 in the tent. Still damp on the bottom from Friday's watering.

I did a fair amount of trimming. Figured I'd let her focus more on the buds and get rid of some of those fan leaves. Hopefully my logic helps.

I'm happy the way the buds are developing and the pistils are extending out. I can see the trichomes when I use the flash. Zooming in I can see the new growth on the main cola has quite a bit of trichomes on them. Not as much on some of the side buds.

Overall she's looking good and all the variables (except the heat) are pretty much under control.

Question - should I get another supplement for making bigger buds? I'm already using the main three from FF. Just curious if getting a specific flowering nute makes sense.

Thanks for stopping by!

u5Ji4CKh.jpg

UJD6Zf6h.jpg

Check out how small the pot from the last grow was

EA0RgVGh.jpg

Looking well golfer , she looks happy enough with the nute schedule your running.

Thanks guys! I was really please with the way she looked tonight that I took a couple more photos.

All the leaves were sticking out and perky - even though it was 89 in the tent. Heat wave coming up this week.

The buds are starting to show really good pistil growth, especially in the bud sites underneath the colas. Main cola is starting to get thicker and she must be putting growth towards the buds because she hasn't grown much taller (thank god because I don't have more than 4" between top cola and the LED. I keep rotating her every time I go in so that the CFLs are close to some of the side bud sites.

I'm also stoked after looking at the top leaves coming out of the cola. I can see trichomes really coming out on those newer fan leaves.

Since she's at about 3 weeks into flowering, based on the last grow and the bank - about 5 more weeks left. I'm liking what I'm seeing :vap-leafy_wave:

I adjusted color on the whole plant to minimize the LED impact so it may look different.

5GDwHSoh.jpg

gvyJsJRh.jpg

Just watered with a gallon and the minimum dose of calmag. I think I have the watering down now. She got a gallon on Friday with a feeding. About every 4 days I will be watering with a gallon (and alternating feedings)

She's looking great. Pistils are growing well out of the main cola buds and even all the buds on the outer branches look great. I've been trimming fan leaves somewhat aggressively in the hopes that more effort goes towards the buds.

Question - any thoughts on flowering/bud nutrients? I'm using the regular fox farm trio but wondering if getting a bottle of some other kind of flowering nute would be a good idea.

Feeling great today. Looked closer and I'm seeing trichomes. The pistils continue to come out of many areas and some are starting to change colors a little.

I took some close ups of the buds and the trichomes. I love seeing the buds and trichomes develop. I doesn't matter to me how many people sub this thread, it's just fun growing. Hopefully the pictures can help someone like me who was dying to see what a real Northern Lights auto bud would look like from start to finish.

I think the 3gal pot is the main reason for the big improvement. Same seeds and same LED - it's the pot that's the big game changer.

I keep wondering what I should do next. I have 4 or 5 more NL Auto's that I could grow but I'm toying with another auto or maybe a photo. I've been loving the White Widow shots I've seen. I'm also interested in doing a nice Haze, but since they take a little longer I might wait on those.

Also, grinded up some buds from the first grow and I was kinda surprised at how good it looked ground up. Looks like some decent smoke. Tasted pretty good and I got a decent body type of stone. Pretty good smoke to make you a little tired at night before bed.

Enjoy the photos :headbang2:

nMX5LHJh.jpg

NBCieRzh.jpg

V6Xbn4yh.jpg

Latest posts

Back