Mars Sun Series COB fixture - DWC - Scrog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Green Fang

You don't see me . . .
Reaction score
As the title says. Here's my Mars Sun Series COB fixture. It has 360 actual draw watts, and is quite a nifty little unit. The one thing everyone has taken notice of... there's a central spotlight type of effect, when you analyze the visual footprint. One person's guess (reputable guess) is that it's somehow caused from the reflectors... anyways, it's nick named "The Spotlight." Let's see how she does.

Scrog is mostly filled, I used a mom that I had for a bit, all nicely trained, and after 5 days she's doing nicely. I'm using 10 gallons of solution, with GH 3 part Flora, and 4 air stones. That water is rapidly boiling :)
Here's a couple pics.

View attachment Aug14thUpdate (9 of 11).jpg

View attachment Aug14thUpdate (10 of 11).jpg

View attachment Aug14thUpdate (11 of 11).jpg

:clap: i'm here :ciao:

in for the LED. Dr when you starting having Ph drifting issues, loose those air stones and all will be fixed.

WooHoo--looking good DGF! You still vegging? I think I might push those growing tips under a bit more, were it me, but it does look great. Makes me want to do another little scrog.

Looks like the Mars is about the same size as the Apollo cob I am using. How big is your tent? One plant, one light, one tent...this should be a fun grow.

Looks good Doc.

Thanks Kraven! :) Hey look... DWC hahaha!

:clap: i'm here :ciao:

Yay! Zem is kickin' about! :D Thanks mate

in for the LED. Dr when you starting having Ph drifting issues, loose those air stones and all will be fixed.

hah, you and no stones! Heck, I could be "fluming" but stones work just fine for me. Not yet had issues created by stones. :D Thanks for looking out though Lyfespan! :aok:

WooHoo--looking good DGF! You still vegging? I think I might push those growing tips under a bit more, were it me, but it does look great. Makes me want to do another little scrog.

Looks like the Mars is about the same size as the Apollo cob I am using. How big is your tent? One plant, one light, one tent...this should be a fun grow.

Yes I'm still vegging. Going to go crazy and pretty much fill the screen. As for tucking more nodes, it's VERY difficult....this was a large and very established mom plant, that had some super strong stalky areas that could not bend.. so I've had to pull nodes down, and tie them down (more in the center area) and hope for the best. Overall though, this plant was the perfect candidate for scrog!! Sativas for LIFE! hah :)

My tent is 2.5' x 2.5' x 7'. One mom plant, one 360w draw COB light, one tiny *** tent HAHAHA! This will be stupidly fun THG! Hope to see you stick around! :)

I'll be lurking dgf

:48:

Excellent G13!! Super happy to have you!

*update*

Well, so far I'm decently impressed. I put a heavy growing / tall Sativa in there (mom plant) and this light and everything has been working like clockwork. Better than expected, certainly. Also, not 1 single gnat (or other bug) has entered this space since I started it!! This is also good.

Will get pics up probably tomorrow...did a crap ton of defoliating and it never looks good directly after that lol.

Reporting to say, I'm happy with the light so far. It veg's wonderfully. :aok:

solid start DGF!
Green Mojo for the rest of the test!

nice setup you have there doc will be looking forward to this grow. this will be fun

solid start DGF!
Green Mojo for the rest of the test!

Thanks very much Joe!! Can't wait to see the results! :D

nice setup you have there doc will be looking forward to this grow. this will be fun

Cheers Sin! I agree, this should be fun...if I can get rid of my Broad mites in Tent #1. I'll be spraying all 4 tents with Avid.

Here's a small update. After Avid treatment is over and fully recovered from that (I sprayed this but was quite sure I had no bugs.. just precaution) then I'm going to be flipping this tent. I'm happy enough with how the screen is filling out.

Just after these pics, I tucked way more nodes and clipped off a lot more larger fan leaves. There's SOOOO many good node on this plant! :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I think she looks ready to flip, too. Scrogs are so fun--all those little bud fingers sticking up everywhere.

I think she looks ready to flip, too. Scrogs are so fun--all those little bud fingers sticking up everywhere.

hah yeah! This will be my most successful scrog, for sure.

I will flip soon, but in 2 more days I do second (and final) treatment with Avid on all spaces. About 5 days after that treatment I'll flip. Maybe sooner...more like 3 days after. :D

Ok, time to flip. Could've filled out the bottom right and top right a tad more but I'll just use pipe cleaners and "open up" the stuff on the outside more. I won't be tucking anymore. Time for vertical growth :D

**8-28 will be Day 1 flowering**

ps

As you can tell, I've opt'd to skip my second Avid treatment for this tent, as I believe it was healthy in the first place, and totally unaffected.

DGF--I couldn't find info on the Mars Sun Series. When you go to their page it gives you general info, but then there are no products available??? Is this a 700W unit you are using?

...whoa.. did they stop selling them I wonder?? There's no way to put it in your cart and the price point isn't there anymore!

There are no products matching the selection.

In that section, there used to be all that info. Maybe they are out of stock? I got this as the very first shipment went out, I believe.

It's a "700" with 360w Actual (tested) draw from the wall. It's a powerful little unit, and seems to veg phenomenally. Now, we see how well she flowers. 360w in a 2.5' x 2.5' x 7' scrogged single plant... yeah, this is going to have potential to be VERY fun!! :D

Just read into it a bit.. seems they are preparing the website for their "pro" version of this light. So things are kind of in limbo currently.

Latest posts

Back