welcome to Growers 101

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello guys,
i am new here, can someone tell me a good place for buying marijuana seeds. Thank you smile emoticon:joint4:

attitude seed bank is a good one. single seed centre is as well... others will be by too. Welcome to MP.

i used attitude seeds the first time i bought. they have some pretty cool freebies. i paid extra for their stealth shipping option and got a cool t shirt out of that as well as the freebie seeds and the seeds i bought. last buy was from firestax. that worked out well for me as well as i scored some buckeye purple there.

I've used seed supreme and have had very poor results...single seed I have had 2 great plants

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I am on my first try at growing and one of my plants is really dark green compared to the other two. They are in a 2X4X6 grow tent with 2 300 watt LED's. There is a 220 cfm exhaust fan and passive intake. This plant is from a seed that my buddy had and he thinks it was a #1 skunk strain. I have been using RAW nutrients , mainly just the grow formula and I added a small amount of fulvic acid and kelp that was mixed together at a 5:2 Fulvic/kelp ratio. This grow is pretty much a trial run using some leftover seeds just so I can try to work out some of my learning mistakes before I plant some of the feminized seeds I got from a seed bank and make expensive mistakes. I am planning on replacing the light with a HPS when I switch to 12/12 and the next veg run with be with a 6 bulb, 4" T5 as these LED's haven't done much and there is hardly any heat in the tent with my temps averaging 72-74. Now that I have probably given too much data for this problem, can anyone help me figure out why one plant would be so much darker green then others with the same nutes and environmental factors? Thanks for any help you all can offer.

Argo Welcome. A Pic will help with the plants. I not sure of the lights LED you have. I use cheap Chinese LEDS. I am running 4 in flower and 2 in veg. You say 300 watt LED. Do you know how much power they are really drawing. Mine Pull 200 to 300 watts each. and say 1000 to 1200. You are going to fight heat with the HPS. Get at least another 220 cfm for intake. ( you really need a Air Cooled light) A fan in the tent to circulated air. My LED Tent is normally 80 Degrees. I have the 8 bulb T5HO. They produce a lot of heat. Running 2 I need Air Conditioning.
Hippy

Hello everyone I'm very new to all this, also very new to using the computer and this technology. So I hope I'm posting this query in the right place? I'm currently growing several plants, all in a variety of different growth phases. So far I have had one success in that the plant reached maturity produced flower and was harvested. This was very much a fluke, I must say.
I currently have several plants growing outside but have no idea whether they are male or female, I've tried looking at them via magnifying glass with diagrams on hand but I'm still very confused on how to sex plant.
I also have one plant growing under light this plant is flowering but the leaves are burning in some areas. I was wondering if anyone can tell by photos if this nutrient burn or a result of the plant being too close to the light?
I just tried to find some photos and add them to this dialogue without success.

requirements for growing vary from state to state. In CA, there are both medical and recreational grows. Requirements are different for each. Because of the federal mandatory minimum prison sentences for plant count, all recommendations are for 99 plants or less. 100 plants is the 1st mandatory minimum sentence of 5 years in prison. 1000 plants is a mandatory 10 year sentence.

i've been struggling in growing mine. I tried so many procedures on how to grow just like choosing the right LED and controlling TEMPERATURE but still fails me. until I read about this article http://kylekushman.com/growing/ and it helps me a lot. Any personal experience or advice? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
There are multiple ways to grow, with multiple variations on those ways. Don't let the opinions and advice confuse you. Try to match up the one grow method that looks like it will work for your unique situation. Then go with that one and see if you can make it work for you. You may (will) have to adjust it to better fit your situation as nearly every personal grow is unique. If that method proves to be not to your liking, then move on to the next method. Unfortunately this can get "spendy" doing it this way. But if you research it good, you should be able to get the right setup.

It can seem a little daunting at first when you try to get everything right. The learning curve is fairly long but if you keep at it, have lots of patience, and pay attention to your plants as they grow, you will get it all figured out, and then it will become almost routine for you.

I would advise you to get a book or several online connections to diagnosing problems with your plants. That is always handy to reference as your plants will encounter issues periodically... Don't make the mistake of loving them to death. That is an easy mistake for beginner growers. You either over water or over feed them. If you watch your plants long enough you will learn how to understand what they are telling you, as they will tell you what they want... Reading is good but there is an exception to almost every rule out there. So don't take one person's opinion as gospel. I have seen top people say things that I have found to be not the case in my situation. Think of every person's (learned) opinion as an arrow of information in your quiver of solutions.

S.S. -- If U haven't noticed we don't have any ads on the site !-- If we want to buy something we go elsewhere !-- U start running an ad they'll kick U out !

I have some green crack going now. Be advised that sativas like green crack get pretty tall and stretch more than you would think. If you have a tallish tent like over 6 feet you should be ok. If not, you might want to look at something more indica based as for me they seem to stay shorter and typically don’t stretch as much. That being said, green crack is some pretty nice smoke with a very energetic buzz. It also is ready to harvest in a pretty short flower time. Mine (from Blimburn seeds)have not been a heavy producer though. Full disclosure-I screwed up my last grow by not growing with organic nutes and had ph issues which affected my yield. Good luck and have fun. Welcome to the obsession...

Hey guys so im new to growing nd to this website nd I have just a few questions. so I have 3 autoflower tangerine dreams by barneys farm. germinated all 3 nd all went well they pope din like 3-4 days. then I put them in some styrafoam cups. so everything went well except my first watering I watered till there was some runoff nd then did it again but it was super swampy and I had to like hold the soil while the water was draining through my fingers. to all 3 mind u. Then I wasn't sure when to water again so I did it the next day to then right after that I read that I shouldn't have watered them for 2-3 more days. So I transplanted all these seeds into a new medium yesterday nd am not gonna water them until the day after tomorrow. basically im wondering if u think the seeds will still be ok nd will still grow even though I kinda fucked some stuff up a bit? plz help me im like freaking out lol

S.S. -- If U haven't noticed we don't have any ads on the site !-- If we want to buy something we go elsewhere !-- U start running an ad they'll kick U out !

Alot of these forums are giving the appearance that they are for marketers...selling items.. or recommending something very expensive..
Not having ads selling things is an attraction for the site.
This is still a tough crowd lol.

Hey guys so im new to growing nd to this website nd I have just a few questions. so I have 3 autoflower tangerine dreams by barneys farm. germinated all 3 nd all went well they pope din like 3-4 days. then I put them in some styrafoam cups. so everything went well except my first watering I watered till there was some runoff nd then did it again but it was super swampy and I had to like hold the soil while the water was draining through my fingers. to all 3 mind u. Then I wasn't sure when to water again so I did it the next day to then right after that I read that I shouldn't have watered them for 2-3 more days. So I transplanted all these seeds into a new medium yesterday nd am not gonna water them until the day after tomorrow. basically im wondering if u think the seeds will still be ok nd will still grow even though I kinda fucked some stuff up a bit? plz help me im like freaking out lol

One of the main things you need to get down in order to have successful grows is the wet-dry cycle. It promotes strong root growth and keeps your plants happy. I don't like styrofoam cups, I use plastic Solo cups. Water well and then leave them alone until the soil is dry and the cup is light. Then water well again and repeat.

Latest posts

Back