Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DD, you are always good for a laugh. Morning everyone. The view out my back door is stunning this morning and my camera battery is dead. Go figure. Nothing like a mountain morning. Stay safe coasties.

Morning O.F.C. !-- Up early to check the weather !-- The hurricane is gonna hit me !-- Glad I got seed !-- I gotta look at the grow and just take what I can !-- Could lose power for weeks if the place survives !-- We could get a 8 ft storm surge and I'm 4 ft above sea level !-- I think I be getting the Stoner Ranch soon !-- Looks like we done at the beach !-- I guess I end up with an empty lot and an insurance check !-- Me and the dogs got to find a way da hell up outta here !-- I don't which way I'm going but I check in after the storm !-- I be O.K. !-- I'm hard to kill !-- Wouldn't U know it I spent 2 month setting up my rotation and now that it's up and running a hurricane wipes it out !-- Dam !

I got a empty feeling in the pit of my stomach !-- I'm in my 60s and starting over again ? -- Pretty sue the place is toast and my main objective be staying alive !-- I deal with starting over when I have to !-- Even in Austin it not gonna be that safe either !-- I guess I harvest what I can ?- Dam !

Looking around the place !-- 2 people and 4 little dogs and what else we can stuff into a small car is all we can keep !-- When the smoke clears I'm land on my feet and set me up a real grow !-- I can grow and I got good genetics !-- We started over before I'm just getting too old for this sheet !--
My brand new scoot ? -- Gotta leave it !-- Dam !--Dam !--Dam !-- Just keep my old a** alive and deal with what comes next later !-- All I can be sure of is there will be a grow !-- Wish me luck O.F.C. !-- The only treasure I can save lies between my ears !--

I can't do it yet !-- I gotta try to push this thing more toward Houston !-- 100 miles to the east and I'll survive it !--

Keef, when is it supposed to hit? oh man, that is way too scary for you guys. You be careful. I am going to worry about you guys.

Umbra, sorry you had a bad night.

Nick I know it is a pretty morning where you are. That helps life, doesn't it.

Thanks Rose !-- Right now it will hit late Friday night !-- D.D. pick me and the dogs up in the morning !-- The house won't flood from rain but they say 5-8 ft. Storm surge !-- I'm 4 ft above sea level !-- I'm pushing it east hard as I can !-- 100 miles will decide if the house still stands or not !-- It don't move this place is toast !-- We go to Austin it's gonna park near there and make big rain !-- They have a flash flood problem there !-- We survive everything else can be replaced !-- Like I said before only treasure I got lies between my ears !-- Can't take that !-- Good think I bred those seed !-- Where ever we end up we gonna be growing some danky-dank !
We hard to kill Rose !--

D.D. looking for me a truck or U haul! -- I would like to save a few things like my brand new scooter !-- Maybe the kayaks ? -- I can pack them full of stuff too !--

Can't do that Rose !-- D.D. found me a 9 ft van to pick up at noon tommorrow! -- I'll stuff what I can in and run !-- I probably take the crop for next Wednesday but I can't haul any live plants out !-- U live on the coast U can get wiped out any given year !-- We survived Katrina !-- We got this but yes I probably loose the grow !

Come on Harvey slide Yo happy a** on over some !-- What's a hundred miles between demons ? -- Move dam it !-- No really !-- Just give me that 100 miles !

So I got a cat 3 hurricane coming and it's gonna be nipping at my heels on the way outta town !-- There's a good chance we could have to face it on the road !-- This be one them real world problems where the house don't matter !-- The grow don't matter !-- Only thing that matters is we survive !-- We did Katrina so we not virgins so I'd say we got a fighting chance !-- Maybe ? - This what looking life or death in the face feels like !-- Real as it gets !--

I wish you the best there Keef, but don't take no chances. Git outa there while ya can!

I wish you the best there Keef, but don't take no chances. Git outa there while ya can! Maybe keep on rollin into Nevada or Cali and be in a pot legal state...

I remember being on a sailboat on the Chesapeake during a hurricane. No place to run, just ride it out and hope for the best. Not much fun, it makes me very anxious even now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back