Same soil, same watering and nutrient schedule, grows different

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I source my dirt from a certified organic farm...I feed 3 times a yr with organic food...they turn out reasonable...

wow! kind of picture where a breaded man shows up after 5 minutes of starring with one's jaw on the floor :)

:thumbsup:

Today I was able to take few macros of SWIM's garden.

There are pictures from two weeks ago:
65ee08d65badc50ec753f9c6660db83f.jpg
32ff57f857d61daa0da96b28fcaaf0dc.jpg

And these are of today:
ff9623875841765dc4099102a2dd767d.jpg

c4cfa799da27e8921c2460b7ce05998e.jpg

Any thoughts?

Greetings :)

2 things I see... the pot that plant is in looks too big and you definitely have bugs

I can't understand how does pot size affect plant growth? Would putting some garlic inside this pot would help my friend to get rid of bugs?

Lol now I see! This place under the tree was a disasger. I moved to newplace, loohere are much less of those tiny little trisps. Later on I attach some Green Godness photos, peace and stay cool ~~,

Hi thai, no garlic in the pot will not kill thrip. Can you get spinosad where you are? You can try dishsoap, and oil in water and spray that, but thrip are very hard to kill. They have eggs that hatch every other day. So you need to spray every three days. Good luck to you! Oh, and it is hard to get a large pot watered the right way with such a little plant with little roots. there can be a dry spot and hurt the plant or it can stay to wet for to long and make the plant sick.

I water area on the band of the pot. I hope this way the roots are encouraged to grow in to direction of water rich soil. For the bugs, they seem to be gone. There is a kind of tree that seems to attrack those little bastards. The growing spot was under such a tree. I moved deeper into the forest. Tx for advice, if they came back I will have to pay a visit to the store. Greetings

Birch is the name of this sucker tree

7718951943969e4dd2c07f0d3963f40b.jpg
0de705dd9d7db7b15b194c911405ce66.jpg
11f0eece340f14b3780e8782523dcef3.jpg

Due to small experiment I've lost one branch of ThaiTanic. I was interested if concentrated cytokinin solution applied locally would do some magic, well the entire branch collapsed within a day. I'm happy the other half is doing good.

Do you see strain difference between both pots?

41393664c2a8623ffbd75cbe5665705e.jpg

Update:

After heavy rains the slow growing plant died. Rest in peace baby...

Detailed story. One morning I noticed lots of water in both pots, namely both plants were half-submerged. I've hidden them inside, first removing all the water. The next day this slow growing beauty started to colapse, I knew I was loosing her ;-/

I tried to save the plant by moving to fresh soil and smaller pot. I also removed almost all the foliage (it would fall off anyway) leaving just this small baby leaves on top of all three branches. The root wasn't looking nice, part of it was slimmy and brown. I cut these parts out. Same weekend I made trip to growstore to get some supplies.

It showed some promise following days, but due to prolonged business trip later in August I couldn't watch for my garden for a few weeks. Back home I made a sad discovery - she didn't survive, possibe due to very hot days.

The other one, with one branch lost is doing good. She also went to fresh soil. Interesting observation BTW, you can get the plant out, roots bare and wash them, put back in another place, the plant will live. Do it with care!

Since the sad story I added a nurtien solution universal for veg and blooming to my watering schedule. I also do foliage spraying and keep her in shadow for most of the day.

Recently moved her away from plants that grew nearby, something told me that they don't like each other. I hope that the baby leaves, that popped up like week ago are going to develop into nice branches. It would be quite a bushy plant if not for the lost half earlier in June. I'm happy with the way she is anyway, it's my first shoot at growing.

There is still one month of >12 hrs daytime, can't wait to see blooming happening.

Peace and love buddies!

So it's a girl! Any advices how to make the buds nice? So far I know that
-stop spraying it with foliage feeding
-flush it with plain water 2-3 weeks before harvesting
Tx i. advance for wise advices

View attachment IMG_0642.jpg

You got a minimum of eight weeks to go till you have bud to harvest. Good luck to you.

same soil, same watering and nutrient schedule and good-quality light, Unit Farm LED light may grow different. hahahahaaaaaaaaaa.

Latest posts

Back