Iso Hash Oil

• Thread starter THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fiction said:
i made some iso...i smoked it..it was great..thanks TBG
Glad everything worked out for ya Fiction. A friend of ours stopped over with all of his trim and we made about 7 grams of killer ISO for him. Let me just say he will be bringing all of his trim to us from now on. ;)

Wife got some wet bud's from someone and she left them in the baggy.. Went to hit that and guess what? It was growing hair man; white fuzzy hair...... Almost made me sick..

Looks like I'll be making some oil, tar, or dust.. cool..

See ya dudes...... :bugger:

I used TBG method for resin extraction -

cured the male "tops" by themselves ...

quick dryed the other 80% of the male's leaves...

soaked in bottled water for 24 hours...

quick dryed them - something like 3 Oz. of leaf....

90% ISO soak for 2 minutes and filter into glass pryex dish...

let evaporate and scrape with razor...

apply the "GOO" to the male tops that have been slow cured...

Worked out to be a nice mellow stone, with a pleasent taste for leaf. Burns nice and slow because of the oil+cure.

is it safe to use the rubbing alcohol? That **** is poison to drink. I gues when it evaporates away it's ok though? I dunno man...I think I'm going to stick with using the screen bags and cold water. This is a very easy method though which is why it's so appealing.

Laser, can you write down the step's for that method.. I have been using the ISO mythod for awhile now just becuase I don't know any other way. I saw a thried a while back where they talked about the ISO being bad for you. I guess the trick is to make sure it evaperates completely. If it doesn't, then you could harm yourself..

I am pretty new to the extraction process, any other methods would be great to read about.

theres one where you use these bags that have fine screens at the bottom. They come in different sizes. I think it's the bubble bag method. Not sure if they're the same. But each bag has a different size screen. You take a bucket and put the biggest screen in first. Then you add your leaf cuttings into the first bag and pour ice water into it. let that sit (i forget how long) and stir it up a bit. when it strains out you should have a greenish water that has all the trichs in it. You then take the first back and put it inside the next bag that has a little bit finer screen. Pour the water into it. Once the water has drained into the bucket take the 1st bag out of the 2nd and using a spoon, scoop up the hash and put it on a plate to dry. Then you keep repeating this process with the gradually finer screened bags and you should come out with some really nice grade hash in the end. I saw an awesome video on how to do this. I have to try and see if I can find it for you.

edit: found the video on youtube where I saw it. Search under "how to make hash". The video is by Jorge Cervante.

You have to evaporate all the iso. Then there is no chance of it harming you. The iso will evap faster than the water (90% iso contains 10% water). So really, the last of the moisture is just plain water.

I just got through using the iso method. I had some dry schwag laying around and really wasnt that much. I was surprised at the amount of oil I got out of it. The result was a very sticky black tar. I couldnt find 90% iso so I used 70% and it got the job done. However I don't know if the yeild would be higher with 90%. Tip - after scraping to get the last bit of oil off the dish, add a few drops of iso to the dish and scrape again. I'd hate to waste any. Also iso on a paper towel works well if you need to clean the dish.:headbang:

I tried the I so method the other day. I used 1/2 oz. of male leaves and some stem I got out of some really good smoke and put them in a tubberware dish. Poured the Iso 91% over the material and let it sit for 36 hours. Then I poured the liquid through 6 different coffee filters and let the liquid drain back into the tubberware. Then I let the liquid evaporate for another 2 days. I was left with a pea sized black ball of tary material with a hint of green to it. I have not smoked it yet, Im going to try it tonite.:aok:

Later:cool:

Noodles -
Try a QWISO run. (Quick Wash ISO) where you only let the green material soak for 2 minutes or less. You end up with a much higher quality product.

Useless said:
Noodles -
Try a QWISO run. (Quick Wash ISO) where you only let the green material soak for 2 minutes or less. You end up with a much higher quality product.
I would have to agree 100% with ya Useless. We did a few quick runs last week and you can tell the stuff is way better. ;)

I tried it again with 1 oz. of leaves and let it sit in the alcohol for about 5 minutes then strained it with the coffee filters. Looks like I do have a lot more, but I did use twice the leaves. Ill let you know how it smokes tomorrow.

Looking forward to hearing the results. :aok:

I save all my stems from bud as many people likely do, and this very method is how I make use of every last gram of product that is paid for. I have done this a few times, with great results every time. I've heard that you can use everclear (95% ethanol alcohol) which may be safer for consumption seeing as it's meant to be orally consumed (although it burns like something fierce when doing shots of it) I like to pancacke a flattened ball of the gooey hash-oil between layers of bud. It seems to burn a lil better, and that way you can get the bowl rolling and not have to apply flame directly to the hash which will make it burn much faster and is a bit of a waste. I've also heard that good hash, or hash-oil bubbles as it's heated, which is really neat to watch. Great post TBG!

hi everyone sorry to post in the iso hash section but a lot of people were wondering about the screen method. Ready Set Grow is the best video ive ever seen for this outlining the exact method start to finish with were to get the materials from. Just youtube or torrent or limewire for free i think you can buy it at hightimes

Hey all try Activated Charcol filtration right before you evap it.
I do it to all my ISO's. I usually let buds/leaves soak for about 30mins (with aggitation) and pass the alcohol solution though rinsed activated charcol for fish tanks. Cleans out a lot of toxins and what not. Activated Charcol is natures way (best way) of natural filtration. The end product is a bit orange/red in color before scraping as compared to dark green. Smoke is better and much more smoother.

PR

I also noticed a lot of people here are air drying Rubbing alcohol.
I mean yes its the "safest" way and what not but it will take a least 30hr for a nice batch to even be close to done.

I have used, still am using heating devices to get my ISO done.
I have had accidental fires on the BBQ a couple times but nothing I cant control...

My favorite method now (safest too) is the electic plate. I just put a nice sized pryex plate on a small portable electric stove on the lowest setting. Add the alki solution in and wait. After about 20mins it should be steaming with alcohol vapors (different from water) and in about 10 mins it should just be water plus hash oil...

Take the plate off and let it air cool, during that time the water will soon evaperate also. Leaving you will nice semi-dry oil. Add a little kiff and roll a big all. Just take a chunk out and smoke it.

Enjoy,
PR

Just wondering, whats the worst that can happen if u dont dry your leaves out before you do it

You can do QWISO while the material is still wet. Won't cause you any problems. I also recommend freezing the material and iso prior to the rinse. It seems to come out cleaner than dry material. I think the chemical reaction that draws out the chlorophyll takes place much slower at colder temps. So, using frozen trim/bud gets you all the essential oils, with no chlorophyll.
I would NOT use wet material or freeze it if you're gonna do BHO. You get too much moisture in the tube.

ok thanks, I didnt think there would be a difference since you are saturating them with iso anyway, just a lil more water content. I soaked my leaves in water for about an hour first to take a bit of the chlorophyl out. I have about two plates full evaping right now.

Latest posts

Back