Build your own Odor Neutralizing Machine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homemadegravity

Reaction score
Im not sure if someone else has posted this before but this helped me out alot with that skunky green smell. Unfortunatly I myself didnt come up with this idea. I thought it might be helpful to some people out there.
Anyway, here is a step-by-step tutorial
You will need:

1. A five gallon bucket
2. A "muffin" fan, or a round fan of some sort that has the motor built into the compact frame of the fan. (See pics and you will understand.)
3. A drill
4. A one pound container of Soil Moist, which is a water absorbing crystal. You can find it at almost all nurseries and gorw shops.
5. ONA, or Odor Neutralizing Agent. YOu can get it at most grow shops or "baby" shops for new mommies.
6. A 5 gallong bucket lid, which may be optional.

Step 1.

Get yourself a muffin fan, or a Durex brand or Holmes brand circular fan with base. They are very common at Wal-Mart and can usually be bought for less than $8 US. The reason you should get this brand of fan is because after you have removed the base, it fits perfectly into a five gallon bucket.

OdorBox1.jpg

Step 4.

Place the fan into the five gallon bucket, frontside up. If you boght the holmes brand fan pictures here it will fit VERY snugly. You don't even have to secure it in place.

(If it is smaller than the opening, then cut a hole, smaller than the diameter of the fan, into the bucket lid. Use some floral wire and secure the fan to the lid so that you can place the lid onto the bucket.)

OdorBox4.jpg

Step 8.

Set the fan on the lowest setting and put it back on the bucket. Plug it in and put it somewhere in the corner of your grow room. I don't actually have mine in the closet itself...

You will notice a difference in about 5 minutes!

You may need to tweak it for your own grow room, but that's the basic design. Thanks! Hope somebody out there can use this. I myself have 2 of these sittin in my house and everyday all day my house smells like clean laundry. I have 1 next to my kitty liter box and in my grow room. These work very well at least for my setup.

OdorBox9.jpg

THis should be a sticky..

Ill deffinately give this a try with my next grow with
the carbon filter with exhaust fan and Ionic breeze.

When you say ADJUST.. what do you mean??
How would you adjust it?? more water/ona/soil moist??
if so how much more?

I just meant you can build this machine several different ways whatever works for you and your grow room. Ive seen a couple different ways of making this. For example I seen one that was made in a 2.5 gallon bucket or ive seen it with different fans. As far as the amounts of ingredients I have never tried more this works for me but I would stay close to what I said. The soil moist makes the ona last longer but I guess you can use what you would like. Hopefully I kinda answered your question. Heres a couple pictures of different ones from someone else as you can see they are little different.

OdorControl.jpg

12-391782-ONAmachine_01.jpg

nice thread....i think i may have to give this one a try....would much rather have it smell like clean laundry than good bud....

Give it a shot man. Like I said they work very well for my closet. So good luck with it Im sure you will be happy with the results. Have any questions please ask. Also I tried drilling a little bit bigger holes on the sides and I think it worked a little better. Have fun buddy.
Also if anybody else tries to build one you should post a pic of your homemade ona machine. Let us know your opinion on how it works for you. Thanx.

I was just reading a thread that said MarPassion is an OG of MP and was very busy and didnt get to post alot. So I will take this as a very great compliment. So thank you so much to you Mar and to the rest of you I know for a fact everybody that tries this will be very happy with the outcome. So good luck in your ventures.

that is awesome...i needed a filter but dont have 200 bucks to spend on carbon...thanks a million buds

when you say ONA what type of specific things are you talking of things like baby powder or dryer sheets im confused as to what this perticular ONA is because ive had kids and i dont remember any such product in any of the baby shops i had been in or are you talking something more like baking soda such as arm & hammer

There is no need for venting this out of the room or anything right? This just sits in the stinky area and it takes the odor out?

I am tired of all this "venting required" stuff, I need something that just chills in the corner.... this looks like what I need.... being this will also add circulation to the room... im assuming?

Latest posts

Back