Pup's new grow journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow ..Where Have I been....Very nice work H.P..... Impressive....

I know this sounds risky but I like to use small "dinner light" candles in protected containers to add heat and co2 to the room. They only burn for about 6hrs before they are used up, but they are inexpensive and handy on those coldest nights. You just have to be extra careful and make sure they are in good places.

Just browsing the pictures :) and stumbled across this. I have my lamp off for flower during the day and it gets cool in there, I guess candlelight is a no-no then though, right? That's when I need the extra heat and I was thinking of a small propane heater, but isn't there visible red light there too? Open flame? man, that's ballsy, is it a lot of CO2? I just spend as much time in there as I can hahaha I was even considering a guinea pig

What a root system you had going with all those feeder roots. wonderful. And congrats on the big haul.. that one plant up there is gorgeous. way to go Hush.

~smile~ I have three too HP, when your trimming the gummy dank I grow it's quicker to use them till they are too gummed up, then switch and at about the end of # 3 it's time to stand up and I use the break time to clean them and then get back in gear.

hi krave, gotta say i got 2 fiskars like pups. like them for many leaves growing thru buds. haircut method. i better like finger holes, teflon coated, more pointy for xtra tite spaces. ck out amazon site for craft sissors. ordered "tonic studios,TIM HOLTZ,#817 kush grip, non-stick teflon micro snips". also "dmc 6127/3, 3 3/4 inch" also "e k tools precision teflon small. all 3 look perfect. bout $10. have tried many types. fav has been "ek tools. these others look even better. i leave in shot glass with rubbn alcohol for 5 min. wipes clean in 2 strokes. yap,yap,yap sorry.. :p

nice grow pup! wanted to say something else but forgot.

Sorry I haven't updated lately; Thanks for the kind words. I have 3 pairs of fiskers because 2 are for trimming and one is a larger pair for doing heavy branches.

So the old kids are done flowering, dried and cured. And most of it is gone already. but the new kids are beginning their 7th week of flower. I really fell behind on this :eek:

Rose you like roots? here are a few pics of the roots from the Blue dream as I was cleaning out the hydro system after completing the harvest.

View attachment final cleanup12-1c.jpg

View attachment final cleanup12-1e.jpg

How Sweet it is....Nice Harvest....Look at those Kids???:), Well Done !!!

:holysheep: OMG those roots... holy cow!!! you sure got this growing thing down pat bro... lol what a flustercluck of roots... wow... i just dont know what else to say hahahaha that is simply amazing...

nice buds. am doing ur tub curing with the cheese wrecks. let u know. like it so far. thanks

Just remember to gently turn your buds every day so that they don't stay in the same spot and form mildew. :)

:holysheep: OMG those roots... holy cow!!! you sure got this growing thing down pat bro... lol what a flustercluck of roots... wow... i just dont know what else to say hahahaha that is simply amazing...

I'll tell you the key to those roots is that there is a large round air stone buried inside of that root mass :eek: I kid you not. In the next pics you can see the hose going through the mass and in the other you can see the ends of the air stone as it is a dual stone that forms an H. It is a specialized air stone that puts out micro bubbles.

View attachment final cleanup12-1f.jpg

View attachment final cleanup12-1c.jpg

................ yap,yap,yap sorry.. :p

nice grow pup! wanted to say something else but forgot.

non-stick hahaha I love it craft scissors, great tips, why apologize for that? ramble on!

Yeah ur right Sopappy there is a learning curve with all hydro systems, some easy some a pain in the ***. I will start with DWC when I can, very impressed with some journals I have read in the past. 1 five gallon bucket in dwc turns into a monster scrog under a 1000 watt light! I'm drooling now gotta stop while im ahead. Cheers!

one big thing with DWC is the air stone(s)... if you are serious about it spend the extra money and make sure you get the best air stones and air pump, thats the cause of the insane root masses, proper and crazy oxygenation of the water is key to having those monsters, when i did a DWC i kinda halfa**ed it and went with an organic variation and i had to go way overboard with the pump and air stones to have an insane root mass otherwise it was kinda puny... also personally i prefer organic soil growing since its so much more idiot proof and easier to make adjustments when needed since its all about the soil and microbes rather then ppm and ph which is just annoying to me... i guess i prefer the plug and play style, or set it and forget it kinda growing lol, i already have so much that needs to be done i just cant afford adding more time required with synthetic/hydro... but to each his own, and from experience even a totally borked organic dwc yielded amazing results... the few runs i did the plants were easily 4-5 times the size of a soil grown plant of the same age lol... but it was a lot more work. not trying to push you away just inform you that there is much more to it and you gotta be right on the money every single time or things can snowball down hill fast.

Yeah ur right Sopappy there is a learning curve with all hydro systems, some easy some a pain in the ***. I will start with DWC when I can, very impressed with some journals I have read in the past. 1 five gallon bucket in dwc turns into a monster scrog under a 1000 watt light! I'm drooling now gotta stop while im ahead. Cheers!

Water is much fussier as far as environment goes. I thought I was pretty tidy but I got pythium first try. And you're fussing over ambient and water temperatures. And the feeding! It took at least half a dozen of these guys to explain that ramp stuff but it all falls in to place eventually........HA!

one big thing with DWC is the air stone(s)... ======snipped=========== things can snowball down hill fast.

Hi HP, pardon, (hope this isn't rude) Yep, I agree, it's all about oxygen in DWC. I have a bunch in dirt (something about it) and water and both just starting flowering. The biggest difference I notice is the thickness of the stalk, and that's got to be a good sign!
It's only a drag when things don't make sense. That was my biggest struggle. I'm kinda liking it now, I've even started adjusting my own pH with Apple Cider Vinegar every morning.

Latest posts

Back