smart pot stands

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are nice.Would you use a saucer under the pot and on top of this? I find smart pots have to have a saucer to drink back up the extra water. I would like to have a stand indoors. thanks for posting GH.

What is the benefit of using a stand? Seems like it might make the pots dry out faster. Like Rosebud, I wonder about using saucers and the runoff.

i stopped using saucers on my first indoor grow, years ago. my 5 gal. pots were taking forever to dry. i found they dry much quicker on any type of stand where air can circulate around as well as underneath. i really like a 3 or 4 day dry time which is hard for me with saucers. jmo.. the plants will suck water and feed up from the tent floor without a saucer installed. but i would rather have a much quicker dry time vs. a better soak up.

Well I like your stands a lot. Thanks for posting. I would like having them up off the floor too.

LOL--my plants are not like a baby in a wet diaper. If I water to runoff, the water wicks up and evaporates. I think a lot depends on your individual climate and your growing style. I think the stands look nice, but I really do want a saucer under my plants. I can see the advantage if you are on something like concrete that gets cold in the winter.

LOL--my plants are not like a baby in a wet diaper. If I water to runoff, the water wicks up and evaporates. I think a lot depends on your individual climate and your growing style. I think the stands look nice, but I really do want a saucer under my plants. I can see the advantage if you are on something like concrete that gets cold in the winter.

It must be your soil that lets you get away with that. We even called those saucers diapers and never let them sit with pee in them :)
You're watering with two methods... top down to waste vs those watering blankets where they suck up from the blanket.
I'd even go out on a limb and suggest you're depriving them of the oxygen they'd get if they weren't wicking up their pee.

I use 2" rigid foam for concrete floor in winter and remove in summer.

Latest posts

Back