Noob grow (My growing journey)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IGroWeed

Reaction score
Hello everyone! So im a Noob grower.
Basically, i want to start growing. I have one plant which is about 4-5 weeks old.
Maybe more....(I didn't keep a schedule....) I'm having insanelly bad experience with it.
Probably lack of experience and knowledge.) My plant was growing slow as hell and got crispy leaves (I didn't know what was it at first).
So it was probabbly nutrient burn.
I tried not giving light (very limited light) for a few days, corrected my watering water pH, started using fertilizer. After 5-7 days i did a FLUSH (today).
I don't have a ppm measuring device. So i flushed about 2l of water thru the soil.
Now i wait.... a few days before i started getting small spots on my plant. (new headache, dont know what it is or what to do with it) will post pics soon.

I don't know what type of weed im growing, its my first time trying to grow. And in my country its hard to get a hold of seeds. So i found 1 of them.
And now somehow i got a hold of 6 seed (still don't know the strains) . Now i will prepare a bit better.
So i wanted to keep here my complete journal how is my growing going with all info about water, soil, fert, growing conditions, light, etc.
The reason for it i hope there will be at least a few people that will guide me on my way or help with noobish problems. And i hope other newbies like me will have something to learn.
So what do you think?

Sorry for my Enlgish.

Have a nice day! :)

Your english is just fine. We would love to help you get started. Please let us know how we can help you. Welcome to Marijuana Passion. there are a lot of great growers here.

Hello,IGW... I'm a noo-b too but I'm on my third grow so I know it can be done. There is lots of info here abouts so do some searches and look around in the growing sections. Search on soil mixes and such. Don't be in a great hurry to add nutrients to your baby girl plants, most good starter soils (I've used fox farm and roots organics) have enough nutrients to get your plants a month or so along. And then I would be more conservative than the nute instructions say. I don't think you can give your plant too much light with most home lighting situations but heat can be an issue. I've done a couple of indoor grows and during the last one heading into spring, heat was a bit of an issue and I think it kinda stunted my flowering. My current grow is outside and I'm hoping for better results.
Search around here and ask, there is a lot of willing experience here.
Best of luck on your grow...

Hey. Glad to hear there are people willing to lend a helping hand.
I got a few questions.....
1. First of all could anyone tell me from the looks of the plant whats wrong with it and maybe how to cure it? Or should i say my goodbyes to the baby and move on? Its growing kind of indors ( in balcony ). I don't use any lamps now. (See picture "Sick Plant")
2. Second. What do you think about these kind of pots? (See picture "Pot") Does transperency play some kind of roll in this? Or does have nothing nothing to do with it and it would do just fine? Or should i use simple pot like the one my plant is in?
3. Third. The soil and compost. (See picture "Soil" & "Compost") (Sorry for compost being in my language, but i think you will understant is it good or not.) I just thought that pH is good. Or is it? And i dont know.... I thought of mixing the compost with soil. Or should i just use the soil or just the compost?
4. Fertilizer. Just oppinion. (See picture "Fertilizer" ) Are there enought of nutrients for my plant?
I used it about 1/3 of a teaspoon (5g) for 2l of water? Is the concentration good or should it be more? Maybe less?
5. Fan. (See picture "Fan" ) Im thinking that my plant doesn't get enough wind which i think is an important thing. Its living in balcony and doesn't get any wind...... So im thinking should i use it sometimes or not? Like when there is chilly weather outside) +15~ Celcius. I take the plant inside. So maybe i can give it a few hours or more of wind with the fan. Or maybe use a bit heating as well. Or not?

So these are a "Few" questions i wanted to ask.... They may be silly for some of you. I want to know the stuff before i plant my next children so they can grow up big and strong! If someone could answer some of them or better yet, all of them i would be more than gratefull!

Thank you, for your time!
Have a nice day, everyone!
;)

View attachment Sick Plant.jpg

View attachment Pot.jpg

View attachment Soil.jpg

View attachment Compost.jpg

View attachment Fertilizer.jpg

View attachment Fertilizer elements.jpg

View attachment Fertilizer Dosage.jpg

View attachment Fan.jpg

First of all your plant has bugs. I think it has thrip. The cure for thirp is spinosad, can you get that where you are? If you had a 60x power eye loupe to look at them you would find tiny 1/15 th of an inch. They will suck the life out of your plant and can kill it.

Shults food is not good or Marijuana, it is too harsh. Your clear pot is not a good idea either, plant roots like darkness. the fan is a great idea. but you need good soil and yes you can mix a little compost with your soil.

Get rid of the bugs and see how your plant does, then we will go to the next step.

Thanks for the answers! Big help! So i got this thing. Is this good, can i use it? And how much should i use it? Cuz i don't want to over do it and hurt my plant....
And could i use the fan with the soil that i have?
Thanks in advance!! :)

View attachment 20170720_164532.jpg

I grow DWC so the only help I can give is one that I believe you really need!!!! Stop! Research this site on the various soil types,set ups, lights. If you do not want to waste your time only to be disappointed and give up, you need to go into this with a set approach that has proven to be successful. I don't waste my time with bag seeds or any seeds I don't know something about. Even doing all of this, I had a couple grows before I could say that I'm growing well, but without this site, I would still be struggling. Don't put poison on that plant. You don't know what it is, the soil and fertilizer is wrong, and it has bugs. Throw it away, start with a good plan of attack for a fun and satisfying activity. I'll try to upload a pic of a known strain at three weeks from popping.

View attachment HPIM1159.jpg

Latest posts

Back