anyone have some cheap lighting sug. for flower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smoke 2 joints

Reaction score
Hey everybody. Ive fished out two males and have 1 female.

I have 3 26w cfls on her:
1 on the very top
2 on opposite sides of one another for side branching and,
1 28 in. flourescent tube behind her (all lights are daylight type)

shes been growing for 63 days and been under 12/12 light cycle for 22 days and stands 2 1/2 feet tall

Im broke and im just looking for some relatively cheep lights to get her buds nice and fat. Im currently trying to get some 42w cfls and any other cheap bulb to help me out any suggestions????? what bulbs would give me red spectrum???

http://htgsupply.com/ they have a 400 hps for only $119.00 (usd) thats a very good deal and your flowering plants will love the spectrum.hope this helps good luck on your grow:farm:

When i mean cheap im talkin like 20-30 bucks. I mainly posted to get ideas that steer away from hps or metal halide or any other setup requireing a ballast or 130 BUCKS!!!! guess I should have specified. sry.

anyway im thinking about a security light at around 20 bucks anyone have any luck with these??

You could stay with cfl's. Just get a lower kelvin bulb for flowering. Thats what Im using on 5 females and they all seem to be just fine. I use 2,700 kelvin warm cfls. I have about 13,000 lumens in my closet with 7 bulbs.

smoke 2 joints said:
Hey everybody. Ive fished out two males and have 1 female.

I have 3 26w cfls on her:
1 on the very top
2 on opposite sides of one another for side branching and,
1 28 in. flourescent tube behind her (all lights are daylight type)

shes been growing for 63 days and been under 12/12 light cycle for 22 days and stands 2 1/2 feet tall

Im broke and im just looking for some relatively cheep lights to get her buds nice and fat. Im currently trying to get some 42w cfls and any other cheap bulb to help me out any suggestions????? what bulbs would give me red spectrum???
don`t cfl`s need a ballast? mines do.
i use them for the first 4 weeks, then switch to my 400w hps.
anyway, warm white cfl`s is what you need for flower, 2700k i believe, are the warm ones.
but as allready said before in this thread, a 400w hps is only $119.
i purchased my hps on "ebay", got it for £70 inc.shipping. I`ts an inter-changeable ballast that can light hps and mh bulbs. Mh for veg, and hps for flower is the way to do it. Although, you can use either,from start to finish, and still get great results. hope this helps, good luck
Shuggy:ccc: :cool: :ccc:

for some reason these posts are mixed up:confused: , is it just on my comp?:huh:

hey my friend for that kind of money the best thing is cfl i am flowering with them and they seem to be working well if you want me i will post a pic so you see

CFL's are Compact Fluorescent with the ballast built in to the bulb

he only has 1 plant so i doubt over $100 dollars will be considered cheap for him...

youre good with the lighting for now, make sure the CFL u got are at 2,000 to 3,000 K, which are the warm white ones and maybe get a space blanket arount the growing area so u dont waste the little light u got.. 2$ at walmart.
here check this link out..

http://www.bulbs.com/Compact_Fluore...ght+bulbs-_-cfl+screw&Ns=P_Wattage+Sort&Nso=0

Cheapest option of all would be sunshine. Any way she could be put outside for 12 hours a day ? Just a thought

be careful with bugs if you decide to put your babys out

Firepower said:
CFL's are Compact Fluorescent with the ballast built in to the bulb

he only has 1 plant so i doubt over $100 dollars will be considered cheap for him...

youre good with the lighting for now, make sure the CFL u got are at 2,000 to 3,000 K, which are the warm white ones and maybe get a space blanket arount the growing area so u dont waste the little light u got.. 2$ at walmart.
here check this link out..

http://www.bulbs.com/Compact_Fluorescent_Screw--in/20W_--_40W-/results.aspx?cm_mmc=google-_-light+bulbs-_-light+bulbs-_-cfl+screw&Ns=P_Wattage+Sort&Nso=0

how much would the cfl`s cost with the ballast built in and different wattage? i`m using aquarium lighting at 18000k,for 4 weeks, then moving onto my 400w hps/mh HID.
the aquarium lights are expensive i.e - £13-£25 for a 30" flourescent with only 15-40w, and they require ballast.:48: :peace: :fly: :stoned: :smoke1:

shuggy4105 said:
how much would the cfl`s cost with the ballast built in and different wattage? i`m using aquarium lighting at 18000k,for 4 weeks, then moving onto my 400w hps/mh HID.
the aquarium lights are expensive i.e - £13-£25 for a 30" flourescent with only 15-40w, and they require ballast.:48: :peace: :fly: :stoned: :smoke1:
Go to a search engine and type in compact fluorescents and all different shapes and sizes and prices should pop up.

word up fire power im broke as a joke. A lot of people rave about high pressure sodiums and metal halides constantly and they should cause apparently there awesome. BUT when someones looking for a cheap way to get a moderate to good flower than hps and mhs' shouldnt even be in the conversation. There basically the most expensive way to grow a plant bill wise and equipment wise.

For all of you that understand the word cheap thank you your advice is much appreciated. Looks like the 2700k warm cfls seem to be the ticket for my flowering. And for all of those who can afford those lovely lights (hps+mh) good for you but shove it cause they cost mad bills but thanx for your opinions anyway

Oh and i panted flat white around the walls to reflect but i think ill check out that blanket while im getting more cfls

For all of you that understand the word cheap thank you your advice is much appreciated. Looks like the 2700k warm cfls seem to be the ticket for my flowering. And for all of those who can afford those lovely lights (hps+mh) good for you but shove it
Well i guess we can shove it, like you so plesently put it,so next time when your punk *** ask's for any help or suggestion,you know what you can do ?That's right SHOVE IT PUNK!!!!:DUngreatfull punks!!!!

you can get a pack of (2) 23 watts warm white for $10 at home depot or walmart..

:chuck:
berserker71 said:
Well i guess we can shove it, like you so plesently put it,so next time when your punk *** ask's for any help or suggestion,you know what you can do ?That's right SHOVE IT PUNK!!!!:DUngreatfull punks!!!!

i second that bro:cool2: , get some manners and mutual respect next time you post here, tit. :chuck:
Respect others the way "you" wish to be respected.:rolleyes:

UNGREATFUL. I thanked everybody for there opinion fool lol. It just seems foolish and out of context to mention a lighting system that cost that much when someone clearly stated there looking for a cheap alternative. either you dont understand the word CHEAP or your just looking for an opportunity to gloat and brag about your lighting setups that call for hundreds of dollars. Well I guess the opportunity presented itself and you guys took the chance to mention your flawless setups so good job!

10$ for the warm white. RIGHT ON! thanks bro but is that enough wattage at 23 I always heard you want 26w minimum. Either way the warm whits will be bought. I was also going to check out petco to see what they have to offer over there. thanx again man

I vegged my crop under 8 4ft flouro tubes. I had every intention of buying different lights for flower, but for a variety of reasons it never happened. SO I ended up flowering under the same fluoros I vegged with and I'm just about to harvest a mega crop. Maybe it would have been even better with better lights, but I am happy as a clam with my bud :ccc:

So even tho everyone says you shouldnt flower using flouros, I did and had a great outcome.

So if you're broke, I say just flower with the lights you have....add more if you can, but you should get a decent yield with the flouros too.

yeah man, no doubt the cfl`s "can" be used for flower, and produce great results. However, in the long-run an HID fixture will pay for itself, and get an even greater yeild and potency. that`s all that was said dude.
We all try to help each other out here, so take the advice and in time, you`ll have a bumper crop that`ll make "TBG" jellous.lol.
Good Luck and Happy Growing man.:fly: :chillpill: :fly: :stoned:
The amount of cfl`s needed to grow a successfull crop, will cost alot more than a second hand HID fixture.
If your serious about growing continually, then an hps/mh fitting is a must.They produce more dense bud,with no compromise on potency/quality.

Latest posts

Back