Cheese breeding project (part 2)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockster

Reaction score
Hi all,:)

well I've germinated 27 seeds of Original Cheese x Skunk #1 that I produced in my other journal which is still running and am pleased to report 100% germ rate so the force is strong with these it would seem as they were taken straight from fresh plants and not conditioned at all.

I'm growing these out primarily for male selection for the backcross to Momma but will grow out some girls for evaluation of course.As per my first journal,the pollen production through STS reversal ran too late to be applied in that grow so will be continued in this one which means I'll also be selfing successive generations in the search for a stable seed population of the Cheese chemotype,no mean thing!

I have about 300 beans of this cross stored should I need more for any reason and with that, it's barely time for a cuppa and off we go on the next round of

hunting the Cheese!

:yeahthat:

Peace

Rockster:welcome:

DSC_0037.jpg

CSC_0011.JPG

CSC_0025.JPG

CSC_0026.JPG

CSC_0027.JPG

CSC_0028.JPG

Impressive!!!:holysheep:

So were u get those funky seeds from???

I would be interested in finding some to see what i could do with them in an outdoor situation...

to see what i have in the moment go to thread new but old

keep us updated with those beuties

:hubba:

I stretch like that for my dwc before I transplant to the buckets. Hope that's the reason your doing it..

Hi Happy mate,

they are 3 inches max and have stopped pretty much after their initial growth spurt as the leaves unfolded.

@Dr Haze. I grew the plants which made the beans that got Jack stoned.:)

@City. What are you guys going on about stretch for?

My seedlings always get to 3 inches and look spindly then they fatten up.

These are 4-5 days old.

Impressive... thats the way to do it...
Im also working on a new strain with a indica and sativa blends with sweet frutiness

:) Sounds very nice Dr Haze.

We have 26 Cheese x Skunk #1 who are gonna be grown 12/12 throughout their life and they will be alongside more Cheese clones for the backcross to momma.

DSC_0002.jpg

Looks good!

I like your pipe cleaner stakes, Ive gotta go get a bag of those now, thats way better than mine, and easier to manipulate.

I wish my babies looked as green as yours, they are looking more yellowish green.

Good luck with your grow, Rockster; I think I'll hang out for this one ;)

27 starting out .. not a bad amount for selection 8)...

:pulling up a chair for this one too. 8)

I may as well join the party. Pass the popcorn, please.

Why in the first post is the first pic a DSC_ file pic and the other 5 pics a CSC_ ?

nice pics ,,,im in time to see this one from the begining :48:

So what they doing now?? Well I think u have a gr8 gange going would love to have a taste wen they done :D

Well keep us updated with lots of Pics

I have just posted some close ups of my Baby!!
:hubba:

HippyInEngland said:
Why in the first post is the first pic a DSC_ file pic and the other 5 pics a CSC_ ?

Thanks all for dropping in and Hippy mate,it's a CSC because I've got an editing function on my Nikon D60 so can crop and enlarge in camera,hence the CSC files.:watchplant:

Thats a couple of pics I just did of my 'Dispensation' girl who is keeping my Cheese and Skunk #1 company in my first journal.It increases contrast so isnt that clever and I wouldnt use it for prints.

CSC_0069.JPG

CSC_0039-1.JPG

CSC_0074.JPG

I'm back as well. Rockster, your plants are looking good, as always. :rolleyes: I'll be :watchplant:ing

Yeah, great pictures man. Your buds are looking great. I cant get my leaves as dark as everyone else's ive seen. Mine are a much lighter greenish yellow, but theyre growing pretty quick, so im not too worried.

I love all the grow journals on here, so fun to watch/compare.

Hi powerplanter,make yerself comfy mate.:)

Hi Keeps Ten:) Darker leaves are gotten by giving more nitrogen but it should never be given to just make em darker but when the plant is hungry and some strains have very pale leaves whilst others very dark and is strain specific.

I intentionally gave a strong excess of nitrogen to some plants for the purposes of photography once and made hash with the bud to try avoid the additional nasty nitrates given.

That's few of the pics.:)

DSC_0025-2.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0031-1.jpg

Collecting all the nana's before pulling the plug on the 10 week plus STS reversed Cheese clones.:watchplant:

CSC_0035.JPG

DSC_0029.jpg

Rockster said:
Collecting all the nana's before pulling the plug on the 10 week plus STS reversed Cheese clones.:watchplant:

Awh, thanks! I wasnt too worried, theyve got like as many as 6 small leaves starting on some of em since last night, so they seem to be doing great.

What are these though? Are they from males? Im not familar with all the plant's anatomy yet, and all the terminology you all use, heh.

Latest posts

Back