Hamster Lewis presents a Non Political Grow Journal Fall 2017

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you using the same led lights from your last grow? I think one was a king led?

Are you using the same led lights from your last grow? I think one was a king led?

Yep I will be flowering with the same 2 LED fixtures from last grow. A king and I forget the other brand. Currently vegging under a 4 bulb HO T5.

Do you reccomend that light still? Would you have gone with the more intense 2000 model?

Do you recommend that light still? Would you have gone with the more intense 2000 model?

No, I love that light. I would get another one just like it in a heartbeat if I needed another. Right now the 2 I have rock a 4x4 Flower Tent nicely.

I think i will pick up 2 myself. I want to replace the 1k hps that i ran next to my led. Thanks for the info. The grow looks great so far.

I think i will pick up 2 myself. I want to replace the 1k hps that i ran next to my led. Thanks for the info. The grow looks great so far.

Thanks. I hope you enjoy them.

Hammy I like those led's we got. I have a huge new one but put that in for supplemental and it is great for seedlings. I gave my other green one, i don't know the brand either, do you, to my nephew, he was growing under a 200 watt bulb and was so proud of his 8 month vegging plant. LOL It was tall. Love that kid. Mojo for your plants guy. I know nothing of ph.. you will be rocking it again soon. Glad you started a journal.

One of my fave times of growing, leaves so wide they make the pot look small. Good looking plants Mr. Lewis. Mojo mojo mojo.

Hammy I like those led's we got. I have a huge new one but put that in for supplemental and it is great for seedlings. I gave my other green one, i don't know the brand either, do you, to my nephew, he was growing under a 200 watt bulb and was so proud of his 8 month vegging plant. LOL It was tall. Love that kid. Mojo for your plants guy. I know nothing of ph.. you will be rocking it again soon. Glad you started a journal.

If it is the green one I have I know which one you mean but forget the original brand name. I think they got bought out by Mars lighting and branded that now.
This one here>>>>https://www.mars-hydro.com/led-grow-light/reflector/mars-reflector-144-led-grow-light-usa.html

Thanks for the Mojo. My good PH Meter arrives tomorrow.

One of my fave times of growing, leaves so wide they make the pot look small. Good looking plants Mr. Lewis. Mojo mojo mojo.

Thanks tc...yeah this time is great except for the slow going. :)

October 5th 2017 update:

Got my new ph meter a couple days ago and it immediately made an impact. Turns out the brand new cheap pen I bought to tide me over was way off. The 110 dollar Milwaukee ph+temp meter fixed all the ph problems I was having. It is the most accurate meter I have owned so far. It goes another decimal so now I can see when I am on the high or low end of 6.5. Ph'd everything today to 6.55.
Plant wise I have 2 Boysenberry plants going great. I topped the taller one and took 2 clones from it. These are from selfed beans so they will be female. I have an Instant Cookies x Deep Chunk that is struggling. It got caught up in the bad ph thing that was happening. I have another seedling of that strain doing well and a Purple Peyote x Deep Chunk seedling doing well. I soaked and planted another 3 Peyote Purple x Deep Chunk since the wife loves purple bud. They have yet to break ground. Also, have an LVPK cross that is not doing well. It was in the bad ph battlezone for awhile and took a lot of damage. Still hoping to nurse it back now that the ph is stable.
Some pics.

View attachment 20171005_171356.jpg

View attachment 20171005_171402.jpg

I guess the old adage, "you get what you pay for" really does mean something, when it comes to meters. Glad you caught it in time.

I threw my meters out(they were junk anyways) when I switched to R/O water while doing DWC.
Have you ever tried R/O for a whole grow? Once dialed in, the dial stays the same.:aok:

I guess the old adage, "you get what you pay for" really does mean something, when it comes to meters. Glad you caught it in time.

I threw my meters out(they were junk anyways) when I switched to R/O water while doing DWC.
Have you ever tried R/O for a whole grow? Once dialed in, the dial stays the same.:aok:

I have tried DWC but not with RO water. I have always been a Soil guy. Maybe someday I will give Hydro another run. I always seem to fail.

really hard to be non-political right now. looking forward to your grow.

Latest posts

Back