Several Weeks into flowering and stem turning purple??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewbieG

Reaction score
Just like the title says. I'm more than a month into flowering and the main stem is turning purple on one of my ladies, while several smaller stems are turning purple on other plants. Is this natural? I have given very very little nutes due to using the MG time release soil and fear of nute burning my girls. Should I start using more?

i believe its due to low Temps.
Maybe when the lights go out, your temp drops pritty low.
or just your overall growing temp is low....?

Purple stems is mainly a warning of a deficiency in the early stages. Many times Mg as MJ is such a hog for it. Without more info, or ideally pics, I can't tell you much more.

Phosphorous - Some deficiency during flowering is normal, but too much shouldn't be tolerated. Red petioles and stems are a normal, genetic characteristic for many varieties, plus it can also be a co-symptom of N, K, and Mg-deficiencies, so red stems are not a foolproof sign of P-deficiency. Too much P can lead to iron deficiency.
.from.. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1956

wow thanks so much for the help. As soon as you guys said temps I realized that I didn't even think of how low the temps could get since we got two fans blowing on em.
I also think it might be some nute def. so I'm gonna give em a good half dose of nutes tom. with their watering. I really appreciate the help. I'll take some pictures tom. jsut to be sure.

ok so I took away one of the fans after realizing that the temperature was a bit low. I also gave them a full dose of MG flowering nutrients. Now it says to only give a full dose once every two weeks, but from what i understand, you guys give your plants nutrients every feeding... Is it just the strength of the nutrients, or is MJ jsut able to take more of it or what? I would like to start giving the girls nutes as often as possible for the next week or two as I only have about 3 or 4 weeks of flowering left and the buds are very very small. Any ideas on how I can get em to really bulk up in the next few weeks?

dont water one day when your supposed too, let the roots stretch for water....then water, it will **** it all right up and booom.

Ekoostik_Hookah said:
dont water one day when your supposed too, let the roots stretch for water....then water, it will **** it all right up and booom.

that actually sounds like it will work... I'll try it out. thanks

Look dude , do as I say XD i luv the way that sounds...

If the plant is growing normal and it looks healthy.. then leave it alone.

If there are any problems with the leafs and the growth , then there should be something to worrie about!

Then mix some epsom salts - take a water bottle , pop some holes in the top. Mix a pinch of epsom salts and pour as you prefer.... bla bla bla u know there rest...

-Nas :spit:

BluBrownies said:
Look dude , do as I say XD i luv the way that sounds...

If the plant is growing normal and it looks healthy.. then leave it alone.

If there are any problems with the leafs and the growth , then there should be something to worrie about!

Then mix some epsom salts - take a water bottle , pop some holes in the top. Mix a pinch of epsom salts and pour as you prefer.... bla bla bla u know there rest...

-Nas :spit:

how 'bout this one...

if it ain't broke, don't fix it....

Latest posts

Back