one last ph ? please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondlebanese

Reaction score
last grow I used synthetic nutes, my medium was soil and coco coir and I left the ph at 6.9. this up- coming grow I want to use only coco coir and perilite. i'll use synthetic nutes on some and organic nutes on others. I don't see many threads on growing in roots soiless. and I don't know if I need to adjust the ph if using synthetic nutes in soiless. is it considered a hydroponic grow when using syn nutes with coir? and, is it considered a hydro grow or a organic grow if I use organic nutes with roots soiless? when I read tutorials about growing I don't always know which directions I should be following hydro ph 5.8 or organic ph 6.9. I grow in containers.

yes using a soilless mix and synthetics nutes would follow the hydro schedule

^^^^ Yeah keep the ph levels down in the low 6s. With synthetic nutes the plants have a hard time absorbing some elements, like Fe, above 6.5.
Peace, Superman

yeah I think that setting the ph at around 5.6 and letting it drift to 6.2 is a good way in hydro. I felt that 5.5 or below is off at least with my strains in ebb and flow. I also think that the type of fert might play a role, since there are several compounds to supply each element for example some ferts use magnesium nitrate others magnesium sulfate, the same applies to trace elements, and I do think that the plant reacts differently with every compound. Most importantly, make a practical setup, where you can easily adjust fert levels, and flush the medium, and then you can fine tune your feeding and all according to what you have

Latest posts

Back