Low Stress Training, High Stress Training

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a plan too me... yes they will always stay lower because the bend will stay, it is the actual main cola that will take back over and start growing up towards the light again as the growth hormones are redistributed again.

Pretty cool stuff to see

i got a 3x3x4ft high crawl space with one - two clones i want to train it to fill the spce how can i do so and get the most buds

got a 3x3 x4 tall space with flourescent lights and gonaa have 1 out of 3 clones in there the other 2 are out and want to train it to fill the spce good and get good amount bud will this work and i got it on 24 hr light should i change it it has been growing for a month and is 12-24 in high and healthy

so what exactly does this do for the plant

it is similar to topping as it will redistribute the growth hormones to lower branches allowing them to catch up to the main stem, inturn making the plant bushier with more and bigger buds... if done correctly in conjunction with utilizing all availible floor space it can and will increase your yeild.

i was wondering if i could bend the top over you make them all the same height

I Will Be Trying Out Lst For The First Time This Evening Because I Have Limited Space And I Need To Get The Bottoms A Bit More Bushy . Will Post Some Pictures When I Have Done It And See If I Was Successful

I never understood hydroponics i feel like plant are made for soil go organic and never other

but its always gd to add knowledge to one's mental box

I Love Ganja

Stoney Bud said:
This is a great example of Low Stress Training, (LST).

If you look closely, you'll see that the primary tip has been lowered to a point beneath the remainder of the branch with a blue colored wire. The top growth hormone is cut off from the primary and ALL of the secondaries take off like scalded pups for the light.

Using this method of increasing your yeild by multiplying the primary budding sites is an awesome way to increase yeild per/m2.

With the inclusion of one more type of training, you can SERIOUSLY increase your yeild. HST. That's right, hurt me baby! High Stress Training used after LST is a way to totally max out your crop.

Add to this your Halides in veggin and a good supply of HPS for the flowering and you've done everything you could to maximize your crop from the air up.

Now, ya gotta max out the lower regions. Hey! Get your mind back on the weed!

A "splash" resivoir is a must. The return has to be routed so that it dumps radically into the resivoir. This creates lots of splashing and bubbles. Bubbles that are churned into the resivoir contents. Airation of the nutrient solution is absolutly necessary. This method does it perfectly. I've used it for years.

A name brand nutrient solution is one of the things you have to NOT try to save money on. Pay up. It will pay you back ten fold.

Well hey, I didn't mean to write a book. You guys have a good night and lets talk about what I've written here. My goal is to have every person in the entire freakin world growin hydro max bud. Hell man, we'd all be way too wasted to fight. If you look up "Lover-not fighter" in the dictionary, my picture is right there.

Where's the wimin? I'm high, I got that feelin.......

Just kiddin. If anyone ever took me up on it, it'd probly kill me!
icon12.gif
good one

All 6 of my babies are about 10 inches tall and I am about to start flowering them tomorrow. I do not know what the sex is yet.

When should I start training them? I want lots o' bud!!!

But I have no clue about training!!! :watchplant:

Here's a pic of one of my babies

7. Please post all of your pictures on this site. Linking to other sites has inherent risks involved that should be kept to a minimum if at all possible. We have both a Gallery and the ability to post as many as 3 pictures with each post you make. Please post your pictures here, instead of linking to them. Also we discovered that quite a number pictures hosted on other sites gets deleted after some time making the threads worthless on our forums.

maryj.jpg

i always thought if i left the string on that buds will grow around and it will get stuck in the buds. so i was planning on taking my strings off but if that will make the main stalk start growing like normal again i dont know if i want to do that now. i'm using gardening twine and it kinda sheds so if buds would grow around it that prolly wont be a good idea.

what is the best kinda string to use for training?

will the buds on the main stalk grow around the strings and make the string unremovable at harvest?

can anyone help?

chunkybuds2311 said:
what is the best kinda string to use for training?

will the buds on the main stalk grow around the strings and make the string unremovable at harvest?

can anyone help?
I personally use pipe cleaners, also I don't wrap anything tightly around the branches because they will at least cut into the plant or have it grow right into the plant.

I put a loose loop at one end of the pipe cleaner, grab the lowest part of the branch with the loop and pull gently until it either goes to the edge of the planter or until I feel resistance from the branch, if you don't make it to the edge of the planter give it a day or two and readjust it by pulling it down until it's level with the other branches.

Examples:
Plant has 2 tops higher that the rest
lst-1.jpg

Readjusted the 2 tops
lst-2.jpg

Top view if your interested
lst-top-3.jpg

I use pipe cleaners because they don't cut into the plant, I have seen them pop off the branch because of growth, I like it that way instead of cutting into it.

Any posting on this forum are solely intended for entertainment purposes only, and are made up in my mind. :huh:

I often see multiple branches tied down, but I thought the purpose was to get an even canopy. are people tieding down the smaller branches? i know u tie one to the base as an anchor, then one to the main stalk near the top bending it over, then all the other branches catch up to it, but what next?

"I'm not a stoner, I'm a level 12 Paladin :p" ROFLMAO!
i kno its hella old but still so funny

I was curious about the FIM technique after I read about it in a book and wanted to try it, so I took two clones from my two mothers one a G-13 Hash & the other one is an Alaskan Ice. I first started with the G-13 clone since it was an indica and strong grower, so I chopped the top and accidentally cut too much off! ooops. I then bent the stem over to expose light to all the branches and the stem bent very well and didn't cause any damage. After a month or so It has been growing great under my T-12's, and is my and healthiest clone. When I tried again with the Alaskan Ice, I made sure not to cut too much off the top, but accidentally cracked the stem. It is starting to wilt now hopefully it will come back after it repairs its damage. With the Hindu Kush x Skunk #1, I just chopped the top and the loer branches are growing like crazy. I am hesitant to bend it , because I am trying to find a good hybrid that is a strong grower and a good yield. Here are some pics enjoy!

Picture 023-1.jpg

Picture 025.jpg

Picture 027.jpg

Picture 028.jpg

Picture 036.jpg

Picture 033.jpg

Picture 037.jpg

Picture 038.jpg

Picture 039.jpg

Picture 041.jpg

sorry for being slow on terms but someone please explain what LST means

lordofwar said:
sorry for being slow on terms but someone please explain what LST means
boy are you gonna feel silly...:p
Low
Stress
Training

You can check out my latest grow for LST.. Never made a plant quite this bushy before :)

Latest posts

Back