Arjans Haze#2 Strawberrycough A New Hydro Set Up Need All The Help I Can Get!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
perfect temps , perfect hum, your doing just fine. when do you plant to transplant?

Ganja_Greg said:
perfect temps , perfect hum, your doing just fine. when do you plant to transplant?
i want to transplant now if i can..do u think i cud?

thanks guys on getting back to me on transplanting or not..i will be transplanting tomowrow after i get the perlite and soil..i took out the eight day old seedlings out of the propogater and they are sitting under the 250 watt hps and in my propogater are the seedlings which are in rockwool are for my drip system ..the temps in the room are ok when ill get the other lights out the temps will probley rise 7 0r 8 degree..
question on my seedlings that are in the rockwool,when the seedlings are in the propogater is important for good air supply?..in other words would i have to wake up at nite and let freash air in the propogater:eek: i do that 3 times a day..thanks

SDC10280.JPG

SDC10281.JPG

SDC10284.JPG

hi sara :ciao:

just thought I'd add my 1/2 cent in here. I don't think you need to be worrying about transplanting to bigger pots any time soon. they will be just fine where they are for another week. then into 1 gallon pots... or 2 if you don't want to transplant again.

the reason I suggest stepping up, is cuz I find it easier to control the medium if something should go wrong if there is less to control... it's easier to flush a 1 gallon pot than it is to flush a 2 gallon pot.

just my 1/2 cent worth....

oh ya.... wanted to mention to make sure the pot of soil is dry (needs to be watered) in order to do the transplant... if the soil is damp, it'll fall apart on you.

and I would wait till they were like 4-6 inches tall before I repotted.

hi guys
just a lil update on today i have most of the seedlings in the rockwool cubes and in the propogater, last nite i seen a little root on the smaller cubes of rockwool and transplanted into the bigger cubes..is there anything else i have to do with them ?all my temps are right and ther under the 250 hps light,but i have a problem since i transplanted in to the bigger rockwell cubes they seem to let of alot of heat and its getting pretty hot in the propogater as high as 88..is that a problem?
im taking these steps forward even tho im pretty new.. so all advice welcome thanks..sara..

ps. i was running out of space under my 250 watt hps light so i put the 8 stawberrycough seedlings under the 400 hps light the are 9 days old..i will be transplanting them in 5 days do u think that would be ok?
some pics of them

SDC10285.JPG

SDC10289.JPG

SDC10290.JPG

SDC10291.JPG

sillysara said:
hi guys
just a lil update on today i have most of the seedlings in the rockwool cubes and in the propogater, last nite i seen a little root on the smaller cubes of rockwool and transplanted into the bigger cubes..is there anything else i have to do with them ?all my temps are right and ther under the 250 hps light,but i have a problem since i transplanted in to the bigger rockwell cubes they seem to let of alot of heat and its getting pretty hot in the propogater as high as 88..is that a problem?
im taking these steps forward even tho im pretty new.. so all advice welcome thanks..sara..

ps. i was running out of space under my 250 watt hps light so i put the 8 stawberrycough seedlings under the 400 hps light the are 9 days old..i will be transplanting them in 5 days do u think that would be ok?
some pics of them

are they slow to start off seedlings in rockwool?i have my seeds in rockwool and i keep it moist with water and the ph is 6.0..is there anything that i shud know about at this stage?

ohh my seedlings are dyn dont know why:confused: i just dont know what went wrong
right now its just fuckn disaster..can any body help with my above posts plez :eek:

sillysara said:
ohh my seedlings are dyn dont know why:confused: i just dont know what went wrong
right now its just fuckn disaster..can any body help with my above posts plez :eek:
Sara,
I'm not positive but I would get your temps down, below eighty, raise your light if you have to. The temp at the top of your plants is where it's important. Got a fan on them? You're not nuking them are you? How are you watering the seedlings in the rockwool? You want to water but don't let them sit in it in the cubes...usually overwatering isn't a problem as rockwool let's them breathe nicely.

PS Put some reflective paper- you have mylar right? - over the rockwool so the heat is reflected away from the roots. Just cut a circle or square and slit it half way and let the stem slide in, maybe cut a little hole right in the middle for the stem, size of a pencil and cover the rockwool

i have fan blowin and not use'n nutes..i was watering them just keeping them on the moist side..the water i was use'n was the water i was use'n on the soil grow the ph 6.1..

sillysara said:
i have fan blowin and not use'n nutes..i was watering them just keeping them on the moist side..the water i was use'n was the water i was use'n on the soil grow the ph 6.1..

The heat is the only thing I can think of...5.5-5.8 best pH for hydro, use filtered or distilled water if possible, let them dry out between waterings...are they drooping? Usuallly a sign of overwatering...sorry that's all I got for ya, maybe someone else can come up with something...:eek:

I'ma Joker Midnight Toker said:
The heat is the only thing I can think of...5.5-5.8 best pH for hydro, use filtered or distilled water if possible, let them dry out between waterings...are they drooping? Usuallly a sign of overwatering...sorry that's all I got for ya, maybe someone else can come up with something...:eek:
are they slow to start of the seedlings in rockwool?

sillysara said:
are they slow to start of the seedlings in rockwool?

I don't think you can say it's just one thing. Some have great success and fast starts in rockwool. It's usually a combination of things and each of them is small, but combined they can do the damage. That's why having meters and staying on top of all aspects of growing is so important. Let them dry out a bit and see if that helps, it's so hard to help sometimes being an arm chair coach...

I don't know much about hydro ...or soil for that matter, but i have notice in my bucket system that they are slow to start until their roots develop and then they explode with growth, maybe it's just me, also I would be spraying occasionally that'll bring the temp down a little and when the roots aren't well developed it helps to let them get water through the leaves.

One last thing did you pre soak the larger rockwool cubes because the ph is generally acidic ( i believe) in the rockwool cubes so you are supposed to pre soak them in ph adjusted water.

That's all i've got, hopefully someone else can help too.

ya hi sara...

you need to presoak the larger rockwool cubes as well in 5.5 pretreated water, as was already mentioned... as well... you needed to be watering with 5.5 water while you were hand watering.

just correct it now, and hopefully things will turn around for you.

5.5 hydro
6.5 soil

try misting with superthrive too.

im gonna get seeds tomowrow and start over..i hear u about the arm chair coach its hard to see whats actully going on..im going to use spring water and anything i think iwas at fault with ..even though i dont know what iv done wrong..im going to keep them in the small cubes longer instead of transplanting into the bigger rockwool cubes becoz thats when things kinda went wrong..anything to do with germination and rockwool that u think i shud know about let me know;) 1
the pics below u can see one off the seedlings that died on me..and the rockwool cubes..question how long shud the seedling be in the smaller rockwool before i transplant?

SDC10305.JPG

SDC10306.JPG

thanks guys i dint even see ur posts.. i just watered them with ph 5.6 and hopin that might bring em along..going to get seeds towmowrow can anybody give us the guideines for germination and rockwool ip advice ..just to be sure i hope i get it right this time:p :p

damn! :eek:

I'm sorry, sara... but I have absolutely no experience whatsoever in dealing with rockwool... I'm been a soil man my whole life.:eek:

the way I look at it... ya just gotta be there yerself if ya don't know 100% about something... and even then....

but anyways... ya... I think the ph outta whack was your problem... let's see if I'm right?

Latest posts

Back