Random seeds #1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NICE dog!!! hehe!

Also 400W HPS plus 150W HPS = 650W??? lol

The person you got the seeds/plants from, did they know what strains they were? Did they buy them froma seedbank or grow them themselves?

Looks good, can't wait to see some buddage!! Did you ever think about splitting all that space into a veg room and a flower box? How are your temps at the mo?

Lol. Made a calculation error. 550 watts of hps and 160 watts of floros is what is powering my closet right now. The seeds are of an unknown strain. Found them in a bag of real good pot I picked up. I am going to be moving in the next few months so I'm not going to do any more work on my grow area. Actually, I decided I am going to have to put them into flower tomorrow to make sure that I have enough time to finish them before I move. Im going out today to pick up a light timer and go ahead with it. Thanks for the replies everyone. Take care.

How long is it until you have to move? As it is bagseed you just dont know how long its gonna take, could be anything from 7 weeks up to 14 weeks! Try to give yourself enough time to flower fully and dry fully if you can. My first grow had to be cut when the trichs were just cloudy and most of the buds got squashed through transport as I couldn't dry them in time. They were damn fine but just could have been that extra bit better ;)

I am about to go through a career change but I'm not completely sure when it's going to happen. The circumstances aren't bad or anything, just unfamiliar at this time. I know there is a large window with the flowering times. That's why I'm going to go ahead and start flowering tomorrow. Actually tonight will be the first darkness these plants have experienced. Hopefully they take around 8-9 weeks as I'm sure I have that much time. Thanks again. Take care.

yeah i feel u smokey.. im in the same situation with the summer coming..im in big truble if the summer comes very early..heat issues..might have to take down 1 or two hps lite's and replace with floro's..i have 3 400 watt hps and 1 250 watt hps going and my temps are a 80..they give off alot of heat..grrr so as sping goes by and im in flower.,i figure there's gonna be some heat issue's along the way.

Sounds like it could become an issue sara. You could run your lights at night and have your dark period during the day. That would help with the heat issues but you would have to make absolutely sure that you had no light leaks.

I wish you the best of luck and make sure to keep us posted sara. Take care and thanks.

:woohoo:Love your Dobby!!!!
I was checking out your photos and I thought your soil looked just like mine!
Awesome, after I read your post I saw that you are also using Fox Farms... It's really been better than the other soil I used before... (Happy Frog).
Some of my girls are the same age as yours so it will be nice to watch your grow... Good luck. They look so nice.
:peace:

Fox Farms is definitely one of the superior soils out there. I have always had fantastic results with it and I will never use anything else. Take care.

yeah i plan on havn the lights off durin the day..i hope dat works for me..ill be checking in smokey;)

^^ I think that will help out on your temp problems. I hope it does, at least. Just watch for light leaks. We dont need any hermies. Thanks and take care sara.

About the lights at night... I have mine on at night when it's cooler (of course) and cheaper for electric. The rates are lower here in the evenings and through the night.
One tiny hole over a window will glow yellow out into the night. LOL. No seriously, I check quite often. It's amazing how that brightness wants to light up the night. But of course sometimes I like to do that too. LOL.

A little update..They have now been in veg for 18 days and are going wild in there. I went out to buy light timers and ended up getting the wrong kind. Shouldn't have bought them cause I was stoned outa my gourd!! Anyways, I bought the right ones today and I will start flowering tomorrow. Tomorrow night will be the first night of darkness for the babies. Hopefully everything turns out alright. I will post some pictures later on tonight. Thanks everyone and take care.

:eek: Will be looking forward to hearing how your girls do with the new hours.
You said you are using 550 watts... right? I wonder if I'm in over-kill with using 1000 watts for my vegging girls. I'm on my 18/6 hour schedule right now. I'm kind of doing an unofficial test. My theory is that they will grow bigger and faster under the 1000 watt lights v.s. the cool/warm veg combo light. So far the ones under the HID are doing much better. I cheated a little and picked out the strongest looking baby girls though... :watchplant:
They are loving it, but a few need to be in bigger pots. I have a fan blowing between the light and plants to cool the air. I haven't turned on the blowers yet, mostly to cut down on the electric. But once I get my other 1000 watters going I'll have to because it just gets too hot, even at night.
Send photos soon. Look forward to watching your grow.

Hi there Ettesun. I'm currently using a 400 watt hps and a 150 watt hps. I also have 160 watts of floros that I'm going to mount to the side walls to help the undergrowth. It's not much but it will help out some. The more the better, ya know.

You can never have too much light my friend. I'm sure those babies are absolutely loving that light. They are probably going wild under there. You will definitely have to get the ventilation kicking when you throw that other light in there. I will post pics later tonight if I can get the internet to work on my other computer. The net on my desktop isn't working for some odd reason so its going to have to wait.

I did some more lst on my babies. Trying to keep an even canopy and get some more light to the branches lower down on the plant. They are turning into little bushes and I'm definitely loving it. I will post some pics as soon as I can. Keep us posted on your grow also my friend. Thanks and take care all.

can't wait to see pics bro, man i'm baked. bring on that lst :)

Hey man....everything looks great so far...I love the pic of your Doberman haha, Keep it up bro I hope you get mostly ladies! And good luck with the career change :D

Thanks Toker and Thorn. I love that dog. She is my child. Extremely protective and completely devoted to me and my wife. She absolutely hates other people and wants nothing to do with them at all. She wont come near people that come over to my house and I love it. She will just sit in the corner and stare and the people. Pretty intimidating for my friends, though.

Hopefully my career change goes over sucessfully, which I'm pretty confident it will. I really dislike my current job and can't wait for a change in job and location. Looking forward to moving back to my home state. Going to be great as I will be able to start my outdoor grows once again. Thanks again all and I will be trying to upload the pics in just a few minutes. Take care.

I used to have a Doberman from when i was 7 to when i was 19...I miss that dog :( Dobermans are the greatest dogs though arn't they? Had to throw that in there :p Have a good night

She is a fantastic dog. She is so loyal and listens so well. The best friend a man could ever have, by far. Nite buddy. Take care.

Hi again everyone. I meant to post up some pics last night but I couldn't get my desktop computer to work. Anyways, it's working today so here are a couple pics of my garden. I wish I could get a picture of my entire garden but I have to crop them to pieces to get them uploaded on here. Oh well, maybe I will copy and paste one of the pics of my whole garden sometime.

Anyways, the plants are looking good. Tonight will be their first night of darkness so in a week or so I will be able to weed out the males. Cant wait to see some buddage going on. Well, that's all I have. Take care all.

:hubba:

day 19.jpg

day 19-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back