White Widow aeroponic cloning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trichnut

Reaction score
Iv been growing for a few years now and have always been at the mercy of the cloners schedule… its great when our cycles line up right and it really suks when they don’t. So here I am with a clone op.
4 White widow moms under 8 T5s and a Botanicare power cloner under 4 24” florescent grow toobs.
Iv always been growing in soil and hand watering so this aeroponic thing is quite new to me… Cloning in general is quite new to me. Iv been picking up some knowledge here and there but its not enough. I really want to make this work so here I am looking for some experienced people to tell me what I should do to get the best outcome.

3 days ago I took about 25 clippings. Here is the sequence of what I did:
1)Filled the reservoir with 20 gal of filtered water
2)added botanicares power cloner root stimulant(it askes for 20oz per 20 gal, but all I had was 16 oz. not a big deal I don’t think)
3)added recommended dose of hydroguard water treatment solution.
4)turned on the system while I took my clippings.
5)I filled a bucket of filtered water to throw my clippings into and took my clipping 3-4 nodes down.(before i took the clippings i cut off the big leaves and the lower 1-2 branches and leaves. Please let me know if this is good or bad or does not matter)(used disinfected trimming snips)
6)once in the water I clipped the bottom of the stem at 45 deg and scraped the lower 1-2cm of the stem(supposedly it helps roots grow there) then I put them in the plug and in the cloner.
7)after all clippings where in I put the dome on and left the vents on both sides half open.

The temps are between 72-82 deg F and the humidity is between 55-75%.

I do not know what temp the water is,(im guessing it’s the same as the room temp) and I think that the humidity should be higher. Iv been misting the clones every 12 hours with plain water.

im thinking I should have a heater for my water like what they have in fish tanks… let me know if you think this is necessary.
Is there any way of automating the humidity levels?
What about foliar sprays as food? Do they need it or is water sufficient or do they not even need foliar feeding.
Is there anything else I should know about what they want before and after they have roots?
Im not sure what my ph is but the water came from my tap and Iv been watering all my other plants with it and they have been fine. Ill get a meter and ph up down tomorrow just incase

Thanks for your input

These pics where taken this morning right before the lights went off (18/6)

IMG_3009.JPG

IMG_3010.JPG

i leave alot of foilage on my clones- the only cut i make is when i remove the whole branch.every once in a while i will take off the lower leaves so the stalk has more length. i would get a PH meter and a thermometer for the rezz. its good to know whats going on all the way around. check ph and temp, ph around 5.6-5.8 and a rezz temp of 65-72 degrees. i give all my clones 24/0 but its up to you.

you can take the dome off eventually after hardening them off to outside air. im sure you could remove it with in a week being in that aero cloner- i dont even use a dome.

try tweaking the ph some once you get the meter- and ph up n down- some strians like different ph zones.

sounds like you got it going on- hope for the best!

:yeahthat: :goodposting:

I would go with that. The pics look great though. I wish you the best of luck. Take care and be safe.:D

turns out my ph was a bit high. just around 7.5 out of the tap. i brought it down around 5.5.
i also just realzed that i do have a water temp therm from my expresso maker. im at about 81 deg. thats a bit high, is it not? how do i cool water?

I run a bubble cloner but its basically the same idea. I was having a hell of a time, I was useing 1ml to 1L of advanced three part nutes like is suggested and kept having problems.

The biggest things I found that really helped my success rate is to change the water every two days or so and wipe out the container, this just eliminates a lot of diseases or algae or whatever other contaminants may be in the rez. I also had to cover my top with white polly to block out all light, but yours is a commercial one and looks like it does a good job of that already. I say you should be fine but thats just my opinion.

Oh and I just use plain unfiltered tap water and leave the PH at whatever it is when it comes out of the tap. 7.2 or something. I just let it sit over night to let the chlorine evaporate and everything seems to be find. Oh yeah one more things a spray bottle with plain water and just a pinch of epsom salts for foilar feeding does wonders.

Latest posts

Back