Lighting and heat advice needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benardsmokeswell

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

This is my first post here on MP but, I've been reading this forum for a few months and I'm just now getting my first grow together.

So far I have -

1. Homebox XS
2. 10 Russian rocket fuel seeds as well as some purple wreck and satori :hubba:
3. 8 cfls
4. 4 inch duct fan for exhausting out of the top of the tent
5. fox farm soil and nutes
6. digital PH meter
7. cheap little thermometer

So...now I'm shopping for a HPS lamp for my next purchase.
I'm thinking of going with a 400 watt HPS with the euro cool hood from htgsupply

Now my question is would I be able to keep the temps down enough with 400 watt lamp with a air cooled hood in a Homebox XS which is about 2x2x4. Its cooling down outside (im in the northeast of the states) so I'm thinking it will be fine but, next summer might be another story.

Is 400 watts too much for the space?? Should I just get a 250 watt instead?

Thanks!

more light = more green... + if your not happy with the 250 then u gotta get the 400 still...? if the extra few bucks isnt a big deal id go with a 400...

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
more light = more green... + if your not happy with the 250 then u gotta get the 400 still...? if the extra few bucks isnt a big deal id go with a 400...

Thanks for the fast response !

That's totally what I was thinking...Just wanted to hear some opinions on the possible heat issues in a 2x2x4 tent in a closet. I think as long as I get a air cooled hood it should be fine.:D

If you are going to get a air cooled hood i suggest you get the easycool from htgsupply it is alot easier to open then the euro cool. In the begining I was going to get a euro cool but someone showed me the benifets to getting the easycool. Just MhO

thc is good for me said:
If you are going to get a air cooled hood i suggest you get the easycool from htgsupply it is alot easier to open then the euro cool. In the begining I was going to get a euro cool but someone showed me the benifets to getting the easycool. Just MhO

Emmm ...I'll have to look into the easy cool...Thanks

Latest posts

Back