Rosebud and Rick Simpson oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When taking cannabis oil as a treatment for disease it can be difficult to take a full gram in a single day because of the mental effects. After a few years I still have trouble with amounts over about 200mg. What I find works well is to take the oil from a CBD plant like CW in the morning, about 100mg, and then take the 'regular' oil made from Indica dom. strains and spend the evening at home. Anything over about 100mg and you will want to stay home and not drive. The effects from the CBD oil are not as intense as with the regular oil, so it is still possible to get out and function, but the calming and muscle relaxing effects help with pain and spasticity. I really think this CBD oil would be helpful for MS symptoms, perhaps at a higher dose, maybe 300-500mg and supplement with regular oil, dosed to the patient's tolerance. After quite a lot of experimentation I find that growing a separate all CBD strain allows the best treatment options as the amounts can be easily adjusted. My latest plan is to process each strain into oil separately in order to get a better picture of their individual unique effects. I have been just dumping them all together, all Indica dom. strains, when making oil, but find too much difference between batches as far as effects, so will try to dial it in better by processing them separately.

View attachment 1-9-2014 Harlequin day 50.jpg

Reactions: MR1
Hi Rosebud, I have just lost a long message to you regarding the making of the oil. I cannot write it all again but will write to you every evening adding a bit at a time. The first thing is to make your oil without the leaves! Just use your dried buds and don't forget to decarboxylate them first in an oven for 30 minutes not hotter than 110°c., otherwise your resin will begin to evaporate and you will be left with an oil that cannot help your friends. By decarboxylating your buds you will have a very potent oil. Decarboxylation converts THCA to THC. The "A" stands for carboxylate acid. Meet you tomorrow. Good night my friend.

Would one need to decarb strains low in thc but high in cbd?

That is a very nice link WH, i have never heard of The Leaf before..Thank you.

420 circuit, Thank you so much for your info. That is very helpful. Nice plant you have there. Thanks again. nice to know. You are way ahead of me in terms of dosing.

The weight of a filled size 0 zero capsule is about 650mg, so when I make edible oil, I add enough coconut oil to match the weight of the cannabis oil and fill the capsules, giving a 325mg dose, which works fine for Charlotte's Web, but for the regular cannabis oil I find that anything over 100mg requires a bit of planning to ensure that I don't get stuck somewhere when it kicks in. Knowing the amount of oil really is important with these, especially when doing the Rick Simpson protocol. A 50% blend with coconut oil has about 17mg per drop, so that is another way to get your dose into the range you are looking for.

I have read online that CBD cancels out the THC side effects and have found no truth to this at all. I took 325mg of CW oil an hour ago and will be taking 325mg of Goji oil in a few minutes. Not going to drive anywhere for dinner because that Goji will be kicking in in an hour and in 3 hours I will be a red eyed couch potato.:D

Just dropping in to update the strain specific edible oils testing, 3 strains done, Goji OG, Blue Dream and Harlequin.

I am working on finding a strain that will provide pain relief with manage-able side effects.

The 3 strains tested for effects came out like this:

1. Goji OG - Pleasantly stoned, mild pain relief, sleepy after a few hours.
2. Blue Dream - Not a strong stone from this oil, slightly euphoric, good pain relief, not too sleepy, but still effective.
3. Harlequin - The high is actually not very pleasant, but some pain relief and a slightly paranoid effect, my least favorite oil. Funny, this one is around 1:1 THC/CBD, but the stone is not comfortable to me, brings the 'noids and a certain nervous-ness. I think that the sativa comes thru too well for this plant to be a good source of medical oil.

Tried 100 and 325mg doses, also did full day high dose tests and found that 1300mg of any of these knocks me down. Spoke with a local intrepid psycho-naut about high doses and learned that upwards of a couple grams may require a bucket, your stomach may reject high amounts, like over 2 grams. I know a burn victim who ate 3 grams and tossed 'em back (puked) after about 20 minutes. That was oil he purchased at a shop. If you were interested in recreational application of edible oil, my suggestion would be to limit consumption to around a gram to avoid vomiting. The combination of sleeping and puking can be hazardous. (jimi)

Regarding the possibility of contamination, it is important that we kill off any microbes when making edibles. The method that I use to make oil with Everclear heats it up both during the extraction and later during decarb, which for me is done at 248f for enough time to "Pasteurize" any microbes, about half hour. I also glove up for making caps and then keep them frozen during storage. After brewing beer for a while I am learning how important this stuff is, a single microbe can ruin a whole batch of beer. A single microbe can also potentially kill someone, think Listeria or Staph.

Planning to test oil from Triple Deez when the buds are ready in a few
weeks. Several people say they use Diesel for pain relief, will be
interesting to see how it behaves as an edible.

When taking edible oils for medical reasons it makes sense to mix it up with different strains. The entourage effect is getting more attention recently, the idea of eating more of the plant than just the THC. This entourage effect also implies that there could be compounds in some strains that are more effective than others, but the science is not clear about the details. So I mix it up and still plan to make/take edible oil made from a variety of strains in addition to having some strain specific caps for special purposes, like to sleep or for pain. BTW, it seems to be working.

I've been following Rosebuds thread and I'm wondering WHY peeps use all buds and no trim in with the mix. I wondered cause I harvested one of my plants yesterday and I noticed the sugar leaves I manicure have a lot of sugar, and then the secondary leaves has a bit of good stuff too. Just wondering why not to use the trim for RSO?

I ran out of trim a long time ago. I use it first mixed with bud. Now i am down to only bud so i use that to make it. Good luck and if i can help you bongo, please let me know.

I ran out of trim a long time ago. I use it first mixed with bud. Now i am down to only bud so i use that to make it. Good luck and if i can help you bongo, please let me know.

Thank you Rosebud. I appreciate that. I am keeping only the main cola's for smoking so I will have plenty of buds to use with the trim. I ordered a grinder the other day. I'm getting ready. Looking for non bleached coffee strainers. I have the Kleen Extract.

It will be a few months off before the bud is ready. Still growing ending it's 9th week of flower on Saturday. Still little to no amber. I'm hangin' in there.

I have read many posts and articles on decarbing and there are many temperature and duration time variances. I'm confused as to what temp and time period to use. What is the exact procedure? Here is what I think.

1. Cure bud and trim for 2 months.
2. Grind bud and trim.
3. Place bud and trim on cookie sheet and place in pre heated oven to 240 deg.
for (30 to 60 minutes?)
4. Done decarbing.

I'm looking for an oven temp. gauge for accuracy.

How did I do?

I have 7 ounces to work with.

You did great. I would decarb at 240 for 30-40 minutes depending on the size of the nugs.

Sounds good.

You did great. I would decarb at 240 for 30-40 minutes depending on the size of the nugs.

Sounds good.

I'm grinding the nugs so 30 minutes sounds good.

Thanks Rosebud. I'm sure I'll have more questions as the time to make the oil approaches.

Latest posts

Back