Old Fogeys first ever legal grow journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes sir, unless your pushing gas that temp is a bit warm. Glad your grow is going well, everything looks just right. Your hitting all the stops my friend, good job.

3 weeks into flowering today. 2 of the satoris are quite a bit smaller than the rest of the brood. i put them up on pie tins to get them a little closer to the canopy. going to need to get something better. probably have to search wallyworld for something suitable.

everyone is setting up nice buds. i anticipate that this will be a staggered harvest as there are 4 different strains and probably 2 satori phenotypes. the plants are getting to the point where i cannot move them around in the tent at easily to try to homogenize their exposure to the lights.

i bought a dryer vent diverter to put on my exhaust. i was having a heat buildup problem since i added the t5 but i need some heat to recycle into the room instead of exhausting it all outside. the diverter may tatke some experimentation or i may never get it figured out. the warm spell mother nature sent up has turned into single digit temps outside so i probably would have had no heat issue the past couple of days anyway.

Girls look great, maybe a tad hungry? Might hit them a bit harder with the nutes the next feed....say 20% stronger for one feeding and add MGSO4 at 1/4 tsp per gal to the mix for one feeding. That should have them set....they are really wanting Mg during this time so this is the right time to hit them with a little extra. Peace

yeah, the leaves have some funky looking spots going. no bugs though. i have probably been going a little light on the nutes. i have a calmag liquid from general hydroponics i have been using but i cut back on that too. epsom salt in addition to that maybe? i have to water tomorrow anyway so maybe i should hit them again with a bit more nutes? thanks in advance, kraven.

The tiny little "rust" spots on the older fans tell me that the plant is pulling Mg to where it's needed...yea a dose of Epsom salt with your next feed should take care of that. Peace

Good to know. I have seen pics of cal mag deficiency but hadn't seen it on my plants yet. I am thinking the led light is higher energy than my t5's(obviously) and the plants are feeding faster than I am accustomed to.

Kraven - I am thinking I should remove the little branches pictured below. Not getting much light and not robust. I will probably cut them and try to reveg...

View attachment IMG_2885.jpg

Yea those on the bottom need to go fosure....think of them as suckers on a tomato plant, let it take the energy and send it to a good bud getting light....less bud...more weight. And yes I would jam them lowers in some dirt and clone the two bottoms....they will root, then reveg then be ok. I take clones up to 10 days in flower if needed and about 50% of them do reveg so it's just a longer process but easily done.

those low branches are a great source of "popcorn" buds,
loose, little buds you probably could smoke if it came to it but the main buds are SOOOO much better you dont.

the stuff can be cooked with, turned into hash any number of ways, or, as I said, smoked (VAPED!) if times go dry.

that said, I still trim-up the bottom of the plant. letting it go "wild" (probably) does take away from the main stems/buds.

I (myself) try to take clones before any buds show, but cuttings from the plants pictured above should/will root.

look'n SWEET!! BTW
wish my "medical" state allowed growing

:48:

I cut a couple of the suckers off today and am attempting to clone them. I have had some success in the past cloning using honey as a rooting gel. If they take, these will be some outside plants in the forest behind my house(not my land). Grew a bush last summer and bothered mrs. fogey to no end that we had a weed tree in the back yard stinking the place up. I am a bit far north to expect much from an outdoor grow. Got smacked with bud rot on the last plant so I had to chop early.

i know i am late close to mid-flower but i had a few small branches on my green crack plant that i think were destined to make tiny buds so i am trying to clone those as well. the cuts i took of the satori and cbd nordle are looking nice and healthy though. no idea where i am going to put the clones if they take but that is a good problem to have...

It will root more than likely then try to reveg but give it some time and it will be ok. Friggin' flower looks dead on how it should look. I can see it setting bud sites all down through the canopy and so can the lights ;) You did an excellent job of trimming dude, I couldn't have done better myself. Peace

thanks for the reassurance. i am doing a lot of tucking of the leaves. i broke a couple necks too. hope it isn't too late in flower but they were getting close to the light.

Hey OF, do you like your nordle? It is a pretty plant, I like it.

Your plants are looking awesome. woo hoo.. getting closer.. mojo for the finish.

Hey Rose. The nordle is a pretty plant but then again, I like cannabis plants in general, do I am biased. I got 3 satori females out of 5 seeds sprouted. One seems to not mind the trim but 2 look less than happy. They were a good week behind the rest of the plants as far as flowering goes. They are however, the first to get some frostieness. This is a learning experience, more so than previous grows. I appreciate Kravens help/coaching. I hope to steal a 'bud of the month' from him with one of these plant. :rofl:

Yes, I am glad Kraven is helping you and others, it is very nice to have his help!

I feel ya on how hard it is to do the serious trimming.. but we learn... Your stuff is lookin great of.. glad you are here.

You have a BPOM photo's already brother. Your game is good, I'm just offering little tips here and there. Looking forward to seeing how these turn out myself....I think your gonna be pleasantly surprised. I break necks when needed bro, although the later you do in flower the less they work on the repair so it may cost weight above the break, but it saves good bud from the lights and keeps it in play.

if i have not posted it before, i like the way this grow is progressing, kraven. i am learning a lot. i don't think i will be surprised. i anticipate some nice buds of some really nice weed. again, i appreciate all the help and advice. my biggest screw up is having too many plants but that has nothing to do with them method. i am just a pessimist(no kidding, huh?) so i planted a few more seeds than i should have.

Latest posts

Back