Bucket of nutri/water

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scot

Reaction score
My bucket of water and Canna a and b and mag plus and recharge with a air stone I have to refill every other day I noticed today it looks like mold on the side is that from the recharge being it's living micropes maybe it's not mold what do u think?

I'm sorry, but I understood little of what you said. Tell us exactly how you are growing, what you mean by "recharge". I could find nothing that said that Canna A and B are organic and have living microbes?

Straight from the Canna Web site.

Tips:

To prevent any residues from appearing in your nutrient reservoir, always mix the A and B portions separately in the reservoir with a large amount of water.
First mix the COCO A solution and stir well before adding the COCO B solution to help prevent saline residues.
Always use COCO A and COCO B in equal amounts.
When you choose to grow on COCO you need a special COCO nutrient as well. The CANNA COCO A + B nutrient will give the best results when combined with CANNA COCO medium.

I'm sorry, but I understood little of what you said. Tell us exactly how you are growing, what you mean by "recharge". I could find nothing that said that Canna A and B are organic and have living microbes?

I use Coco A and B then mix in a nutr- called recharge it's like a tea from realgrowers.com it's really good stuff I've seen real good growth with it I found out it wasn't mold. But the recharge cause it turns the water black but when I refill my water and food every other day I'm going to wash the container anyways thank u

That sounds like fungus slime. Many times Hydro runners will find a mold-like scum/slime in their systems over time, especially if the water temps get above 70f. It is a fungus that doesn't cause issues unless it gets too strong. There are a few things you can do to combat this. Many people use H2O2 also known as Hydrogen Peroxide. Im not sure what the dosage is as it depends on the size of the container. You can also get commercial products that combat the slime. However, if you try to run organic nutrient additives that utilize microbes, the stuff that combats the slime can also kill off your microbes.

I run a combined nutrient of synthetic nutes and organic nutes during the flower phase, but I also try to keep my solution below 70f, and I use a product called Hygrozyme. I get a little slime buildup inside my hydro tanks and on hoses and such but its never a problem as I clean my system after each run and that eliminates any buildup.

Its hard in DWC to control the water temps. That why I prefer using a recirculating DWC where all the plants tanks are connected together to a reservoir tank that I am able to access without disturbing the flowers. I use the rz tank to introduce frozen 2ltr bottles of water to keep the temps down. A friend of mine uses Botanicare's Hydroguard with his to combat the slime. He said it works quite well with the DWC and it can be used throughout the grow.

Hope this helps. Green grow mojo :)

Latest posts

Back