quick question regarding pollination

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herbie99

eam virides custodientes
Reaction score
hey all,
I decided to experiment with pollinating particular budsites.

I have a blue mystic auto(nirvana) and I brushed with the pollen from a blackberry male. the seeds are beginning to appear. it seems that I was successful in not hitting any but the chosen buds.

my question is...what should I expect from these seeds. will the auto genetics be passed on? will they be "regular" seeds? will the ruderalis traits cause a decreased potency, even though the blue mystic mom is very enjoyable? was I an idiot to pollinate an auto?

If the auto is a strong stable strain you have 50% or less chance of it staying an auto. I would never pollinate an auto unless it was with another auto.jmo

Thanks Duck. I had no idea what to expect by using the auto. The actual project was my first attempt at pollinating specific bud sites. It remains to be seen just how reckless I may have been. It appears that the marked branches are the only sites producing seeds, so that's a plus.

Kinda makes me smile...

At least you have success at your initial work. Now all you have to do is plant them and see what happens. could be bad for a couple, could be good for a few, could be great on a few. Experimentation can be quite fruitfull sometimes. Good luck with them. :)

I'll probably give some to a friend that has much more space than I, let him road test, and see if it might be worth it to use my space. :watchplant:

If he lands on a real good genotype in the bunch, you may have at least one winner, if not more. :)

yea...apparently I wasn't as careful as I thought. lol

ended up with a bunch more seedbuds than I thought I pollinated.

better luck next time I guess.

yea...apparently I wasn't as careful as I thought. lol

ended up with a bunch more seedbuds than I thought I pollinated.

better luck next time I guess.

I have found it hard to " Selective " Pollination and not have pollen get on other bud sites. you have some things to play with, and you learned a bit.

:48:

tcabs

That's super easy to do as that pollen is very tiny.

I agree HP...I obviously underestimated the potential for "freeflight".

the smoke is still decent, just a pita getting it ready now. lol I hadn't used that tray in quite a while.

live and learn

so...seeds from this endeavor have been planted, harvested, and I'm late into a second run. None of the seeds from either planting have been autos. I've had a mix of male/female plants from both plantings. The resulting product has been better than expected (good enough that I had no second thoughts about running it again). I flowered early to keep the plants manageable, sizewise. I got about 50 gms from each plant. It seems to be sativa dominant. buds are kinda wispy, but tighten up nicely while curing. smell in the jar is very powerful with a hint of kool-aid. The smoke is very easy on the throat and smells very sweet while burning. It's even better in the Pax. I made butter from the trim. The brownies that came from the butter were amazing.

can't thank the folks here enough for all of the advice, knowledge, and support that I've received since I joined. I've gone from a nasty bag weeder having to depend on others, to a totally self-contained grower producing high quality results.

congrats on the success. I like to see people who can get away from the commercial/imported crap and do their own. :) Interesting that the auto trait hasn't shown up yet. I wouldn't be surprised though when the auto trait does show up. the breeding probably made it a weaker trait, but it is still there in the genetics so don't be surprised when it does show. :)

Latest posts

Back