Sopappy's so so grows

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are your ppms that low in flower for any reason? Its not uncommon to go as high as 1400 to 1600 for hungry strains.[/QUOTE

dammit, mesmerized with pH issues, I wrote that so I wouldn't forget and I forget, I was mixing for 1000, that's troubling. I also think I got crummy veg nutes from the same guy. GET technologies, nobody knows them.
Trying something new next go round.

what nutrients are you using? we'll know what causing your issues once we start watching whats happening with your ph and ppm's now that we got you water the same every single time.......... you ever think about running 1/4 inch lines from a irrigation hub from inside the rez?..... put it on a timer and your auto pilot.

what nutrients are you using?
GET Technologys two part GROW and 2 part BLOOM
http://www.growingedgetechnologies.ca/
finishing off jugs..open to suggestions...

we'll know what causing your issues once we start watching whats happening with your ph and ppm's now that we got you water the same every single time..........
I'm still not at square one yet, I brought everything to 6.0 yesterday and botched my nute level or have a bad jug of nutes.
I had to use pH down and I don't want to overshoot, tedious process

you ever think about running 1/4 inch lines from a irrigation hub from inside the rez?..... put it on a timer and your auto pilot.

answers above
I need a picture re the hub, I'm lost
and why a timer? pumps are always on

pH seems to have been tamed !
I got turned around a bit trying to hit 5.7 yesterday and had to adjust this morning but this evening, 12 hours later, no ph jump!
however, they didn't eat or drink.
the one small rez was 5.4 so I just re-did it to 5.7 860 this time.
I did no topping up.
youngsters 5.7 860
veg tray 5.7 860
flr tray 5/.7 860
buckets 5.7 90 (flush)

my meter must be off, how could I have hit 860 exactly in all 3

Did you rinse it in distilled water before you measure each res?

Did you rinse it in distilled water before you measure each res?

nope, and yup, that does bother me dipping the probe in 4 independent rez.
damn... especially after enduring pythium once. I've been prepping all water with 10mL H2O2 per 40L and I try to wait a few days before using it. But I want to stop the H2O2 and use it for wiping down/cleaning only.

pH readings are already tedious enough....
but why distilled? Sure, 0 ppm but still ph of 4.0- 4.5... I'm not seeing how it helps.

what about an alcohol wipe between readings or perhaps an H2O2 wipe with a moistened death rag that I'd forget and pick up without gloves on :-(

I use de-min over distilled to store the probe.
Procedure after (final) use is to swish in vinegar jar, rinse under cold running water, and store de-min water in storage cap.

you could probably get by with watering them 3 or 4 times a day for 15 or 20 min each time.........

always top off your rez........ it's the only way to know if your plants are eating.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rain-Bird-6-Port-Free-Flow-Manifold-MANIFRE1PK/202262488

I'm not using my ebb and flow tanks like everybody else. When I found I couldn't leave them flooded for 15 or 20 minutes, I switched to a constant flow. (All I can do is fill it up and turn off the pump and it drains right away)

I think I do get that topping off thing... what happens is I'll overshoot the mark adjusting pH at a reset and, if it's low, I add water to correct the pH and then throw off my "level".... but I'm getting there. That rainbird manifold.... (it'll be 40 bucks up here har har)
I use the rainbow solenoid to top and start flow through cooling coils but that flopped horribly :) used a small fortune in cold water!
but I have the solenoid... city water to tap to solenoid to manifold to 4 rezes.... is that it?
Can't be.... all tanks get same feed of water, smaller tanks would overflow.... or does the manifold feed individual plants in same tray on same rez?

I don't think I ever would have twigged to that oxygen thing... I even ordered fancy-*** bubblers with micro pores and my buckets and trays were washing machines. Not a good idea to do a lot of reading stoned... Amazon just showed up with two more huge bubblers... free to good home.

13, Please keep an eye on my posts, I plan to post my readings until I get settled in to a routine and know what I'm doing -thanks

Ditto, Lesso... thanks, lads....

weehooo... saturday morning wake and bake coming up and a good feeling about your grow! MP to the rescue again! :)

"enduring pythium".......... we can fix that too.........

"enduring pythium".......... we can fix that too.........

I completely shut down and hand washed everything :-(
no recurrence so far and I still smell carrots, nothing funky, so I think I'm okay.

AHHA! the bag did the trick...
you DO feed separate rezes from that manifold... you use those toilet bowl float lever things to stop flow right at the tank physically
I'm too little and 4 different solutions in 4 diferent reses..... bloom, veg, weak veg, and flush
clever idear tho

too wet to long...... maybe warmer temps...... hopefully it will stay away........ if not..... a couple of things you can do to stop it.

Why don't you use flood and drain system you got?

Why don't you use flood and drain system you got?

I read too much.

It's easy to justify now though, I prefer flume to bubbles and pumps are always on. In the buckets, the stream is from 1/4 tube on top of the rocks. In the two tubs, the pump is in the lower pushing water up across and down the overflow, always moving (I'll lift a plant, look down and watch, like a gentle river flow, i love it and the splashing as it drops back in to the tank, I'm getting a sleep mask and a sleeping bag)

The only ebb and flow is the seedling trays that I actually have 5 week veg plants sitting in (waiting for a spot in the veg tray)
I find myself top watering those because I'm hoping the roots are amassing in the rocks a la air pruning but I don't think it's working all that great. i move them to the tray and water a few inches away, top water for awhile.
I'm slowing growth but no room for them yet anyways.

My rotation is absolute insanity but I had months of seed problems, can't clone at all and simply throw a ton of **** (seeds) at the wall and hope some stick.

On the excel sheet... each square is a plant, there are 4 systems (rez)
middle bar separtes flower left from veg (24h) righjt
12 in flower, 24 in veg, reg seeds

understatement:
madness, not working as planned so far

View attachment Capture.JPG

nope, and yup, that does bother me dipping the probe in 4 independent rez.
damn... especially after enduring pythium once. I've been prepping all water with 10mL H2O2 per 40L and I try to wait a few days before using it. But I want to stop the H2O2 and use it for wiping down/cleaning only.

pH readings are already tedious enough....
but why distilled? Sure, 0 ppm but still ph of 4.0- 4.5... I'm not seeing how it helps.

what about an alcohol wipe between readings or perhaps an H2O2 wipe with a moistened death rag that I'd forget and pick up without gloves on :-(

I use de-min over distilled to store the probe.
Procedure after (final) use is to swish in vinegar jar, rinse under cold running water, and store de-min water in storage cap.
Distilled is ph neutral and non reactive. You need to wash the dissolved solids off of your probes between measurements....then rinse after use before you put it away. Otherwise your measurements are contaminated.alcohol wipes and peroxide wipes will leave residue...thats no good. Just a solo cup or beaker of distilled and a quick swirl of the probe is all you need. It may add to the tedium, but taking inconsistent measurements are more tedious and can be harmful. Science.....science i say.

too wet to long...... maybe warmer temps...... hopefully it will stay away........ if not..... a couple of things you can do to stop it.

I think biggest thing is water temp. I've been able to keep mine 65 - 68 ever since those awful days and great so far. I'm stopping my H2O2 except for death rag.

the madness continues, I'm readying up to program my lights for this new lighting craze called gas lamp 12 / 1 or something, here's my new lighting regime.... I figure if it works, a hundred bucks a month, not a deal breaker but stealthier, I like how it hides the pattern better

12 hours lights on, 5.5 lights off, 1-hour lights on, 5.5 lights off in veg
then for flower, every 2 weeks, days get shorter until flower
11 hours on 13 hours off
10.5 on 13.5 off
10 on 14 off
9.5 on 14.5 off
last weeks of flower you should be at
9 hours on and 15 hours off

A lot of variables in your lab. Do you have a control set up to compare results?

A lot of variables in your lab. Do you have a control set up to compare results?

Frankly, Lesso, I'm making this up as I go along.
I got tired of getting rid of dirt (a la Great Escape) so I went hydro
been tinkering ever since...
those ******* things hurt like hell when you step on them too

update..... were you referring to the gaslight schedule? run parallel schedules on sister plants? nope, I'm stooopid complicated now :)

Hydro is my home chemistry set...just too much fun to tinker with.
And yes the gaslight thing. Side by side would be very cool to watch.

Latest posts

Back