hps light questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmathews

Reaction score
I have a 70watt hps outdoor security light (with amber light???????? Its what come with it), I also have one of the famous 150watt hps from econolight.com. Growning in a 2x2x4.5 closet space. Is this sufficent? If so for how many plants? just new and dumb, especially for indoor growning!!!! Thanx in advance for any input

jmathews said:
I have a 70watt hps outdoor security light (with amber light???????? Its what come with it), I also have one of the famous 150watt hps from econolight.com. Growning in a 2x2x4.5 closet space. Is this sufficent? If so for how many plants? just new and dumb, especially for indoor growning!!!! Thanx in advance for any input

That is probably enough light. I would put 2-4 plants in that space. Check out the scrog that I am doing in a similar sized space with 2 150W HPS.

I've witnesses one plant with a 70 watt hps so with that info in mind I'd never go less than that. Figure 70 watt a plant and you can do 2 - 4 plants since you have 2 fixtures and can move them around for better coverage.

I'm growing under two of these 70 watt hps and a few 42 (real) watt cfls. It's going good.

You should get 4 plants to go in that amount of space. How many are you going to try ? If you bought another of the famous $20 lights and got rid of the 70 watt one you would grow 4 darn good plants in there, too bad you don't have 2 more vertical feet.

Latest posts

Back