The Stoners Kitchen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

St_Nick

Two_Toke
Reaction score
Over in another thread I noticed One thing thats missing on MP is a stoners kitchen. A place where all you great cooks could write down recipes for good dishes. I don't mean "cooking with cannabis" I just mean good simple dishes. If you have a Recipe that you enjoy and think others might like, Here's the place!

I gotta get the cook book out !-- I'm a simple southern cook but D.D. do Cajun like a master !-- Seems simple to me that Nick hit on a real need !-- Look U smoke weed it give U the munchies !-- It's a natural fit for a weed site !-- Where U want to start ? --I be back with a recipe !

Ok Nick, Thanks for starting this thread.

Spaghetti Pie

I use a jar of organic spaghetti sauce with ground beef added and some hot pepper

cottage cheese

mozzarella cheese

Parmesean cheese

So, make your sauce, cook the noodles, drain. When the noodles are done add a Tablespoon of butter, 2 large eggs or egg whites, lightly beaten, and
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350°. Cook spaghetti according to package directions for al dente; drain.
In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, seasonings and sugar.
In a large bowl, whisk egg whites, melted butter and Parmesan cheese until blended. Add spaghetti and toss to coat. In the pie pan, i put a bit of the sauce and then press spaghetti mixture onto bottom and up sides of a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate, forming a crust. Spread cottage cheese onto bottom;( i don't use as much) with beef mixture.
Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.

This is from Taste of Home.

Potato Soup

1/3 cup diced celery
1/3 cup diced carrot
1/3 cup diced onion
2 TBS butter
2 TBS olive oil
2 TBS all purpose flour
4 cups milk
2 tsp chicken bouillon
2 tsp dried parsley
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp red pepper ( or more as desired )
6 medium potatoes peeled and cooked
Chopped green onions --shredded cheddar cheese and bacon crumbles to garnish

In a large pot heat butter &oil --saute onions, celery and carrots until tender -- Stir in flour blending well --gradually add the milk while stirring cook and stir until thick and bubbly -- Add bouillon -parsley, salt and pepper -- Simmer for about 20 minutes stirring occasionally -- cube half the potatoes and mash the other half and add both to soup !-- Heat thru and serve garnished with cheese green onion and bacon bits !--

Back in my diver days this was a treat.

Crock pot or slow cooker
2 lbs. lobster tail steamed and shredded
8oz. cheddar, shredded
16 oz. philly creme cheese
1 tablespoon of old Bay
1 teaspoon of Sea Salt
2 cloves garlic crushed
1 medium onion finely chopped

Combine ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for two hours. Serve with Triskits or a similar cracker.

You can also make this with crab meat and various other mains.

I got this recipe from my wife's aunt on our trip around the country a few years ago. She lives in Pennsylvania on a farm near factoryville.
Sort of a quick Italianish thing...
1 package of Italian sweet sausage(I've used Johnsonville Italian sweet sausage 5 to a package)
1 large sweet onion
1 bell pepper
A good helping of fresh mushrooms
Garlic as much as you want
2 cans hunts fire roasted tomatoes
A cup or so of fresh chopped spinach (sometimes I substitute asparagus)
Penne pasta

Strip the skin from the sausage and fry up breaking the sausage into pieces.
Add the onion and bell pepper
After the onions are transparent, add the garlic and tomatoes and mushrooms.
Cook for a while on medium heat.
Start the pasta cooking and at the same time add chopped spinach to the mix. When the pasta is done serve over a bed of pasta with Parmesan cheese on top.

I am a water pharmer and after running a 2 month bloom cycle I started me a DWC herb garden for D.D. !-- I could use some recipes that use a lot of Basil --Like a lot often !-- What I got here is 2 kinds of peppers --bells and sweet bites -- Basil- oragano --thyme and cherry and Roma Tomatos -celery and iceberg lettuce all but the tomatoes and peppers I cloned out the fresh herb section of the store still need some parsley and cilantro !-- Things getting out of Hand !--

View attachment 20170923_154100-1.jpg

Shrimp Scampi

1 TBS Olive oil
2 TBS Butter
3/4 lb uncooked -deveined -peeled shrimp --tails removed
2 green onions thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic finely minced
2 tsp chopped fresh or 1/2 tsp dried basil
2 tsp --Chopped fresh parsley or 1 tsp dried parsley
1 TBS lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
2 TBS grated parmesan cheese

In a med. Skillet heat oil over med.heat --Add shrimp and remaining ingredients --Except cheese and butter
Cook 2 -3 minutes stirring frequently until shrimp are pink !-- ( do not over cook shrimp or they be tough !
When shrimp are done fold in butter and cheese !-- serve over rice pasta or hot crusty French bread !

great thread nick,,you guys made me hungry ,,,gonna go make me some poached eggs on toast

As if I had to tell U guys --I'm all about easy !-- So here's 2 of the easiest recipes I know !!-

Keef's Egg Drop Soup
2 cups cold water
1 tsp corn starch
1 tsp CKN bouillon
1 egg
Chopped green onion
Soy sauce

Mix the cold water-- bouillon and cornstarch well --Bring to boil in microwave -- Remove and Crack the egg into the hot liquid -- Swirl with fork --Let sit a minute as egg cooks !-- Season with soy sauce and garnish with green onion !
Keef's Shrimp Cocktail !

Peeled uncooked shrimp !
Jar of that red horseradish seafood sauce ( U choose your brand )
Seafood boil --(powder )
Shredded lettuce !
Microwave steam bag !

Sprinkle shrimp with seafood boil and follow instructions on bag for shrimp !-- If U like them warm top lettuce and apply seafood sauce to your desire !-- I like mine cold but it makes for a fast seafood salad either way !

This one is great 'cause it takes 5 minutes to prep and 4-5 minutes under a broiler and they're good.

2 cans of Tuna in water, drained.
1 can of golden mushroom soup
1/2 green pepper diced
some onion, likewise diced

mix it together in a bowl and prep up to 8 burger buns by buttering one side, I like sesame seeded but feel free.

slather the mix on the unbuttered bun and pop 'em under the broiler for about 5 minutes but don't burn the buns, just brown. When they're browned they are done.

Thanks guys for having this thread. Now I'm starving to death. I'm gonna try Spaghetti Pie and Potato Soup some day. :D

I made some Raisin Bread today. Took a couple pictures and thought I would share....

Here is the recipe I use. It's from the "Pioneer Woman". She's pretty cool and likes, mostly natural ingredients.

My new bread mixer is huge and it's doesn't work real well with single loaves of bread so I doubled this recipe and made 2 loaves.

Homemade Cinnamon Raisin Bread

Prep Time:
20 Minutes

Difficulty:
Easy

Cook Time:
45 Minutes

Servings:
8 Servings

Ingredients

FOR THE DOUGH:
1 cup Milk, Almond Milk, Or Soy Milk, At 110ºF
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar (See Note)
2-1/4 teaspoons Instant Rise Yeast
6 Tablespoons Neutral Oil (See Note) Or Melted Unsalted Butter
2 Eggs
3-1/2 cups All-purpose Flour (17 1/2 Ounces By Weight), Plus More For Dusting
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup Raisins
FOR THE CINNAMON FILLING:
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
3 Tablespoons Melted Butter (or Oil)

Instructions
Combine milk, brown sugar, and yeast in a bowl or measuring cup. Let sit for 10 minutes, until foamy. This indicates that the yeast is alive and well.

Pour the yeast liquid into the bowl of a stand mixer, and add oil and eggs. Whisk to combine the wet ingredients, then add flour and salt. Use the dough hook or a spatula to roughly combine the wet and dry ingredients into a shaggy dough. Add the raisins, then fit the bowl and dough hook to the stand mixer. Knead on medium low speed for 10 minutes.

Remove the dough hook, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and let the dough rise for 1 hour, until doubled in size.

Flour your countertop as lightly as possible, then spread and stretch the dough into a rectangle that is the length of your loaf pan, about 9 inches by 18 inches. I prefer to use a 9x5 loaf pan.

Make the cinnamon filling by stirring together brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Spread this mixture all over the top of the dough rectangle, then roll the dough up as tightly as you can, rolling the long way. Place the roll seam-side down into a greased loaf pan, then cover with plastic wrap to let rise for 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 375ºF, then bake bread for 40–50 minutes until the inside reads 190ºF to 200ºF with a thermometer. Let the bread cool completely on a wire rack before slicing. Enjoy!

Notes:
1. The 2 tablespoons brown sugar won’t make the bread very sweet. If you want a sweeter loaf, double the brown sugar.
2. I use grapeseed oil, but you could also use canola oil, vegetable oil, a light olive oil, etc.
3. The dough will be sticky, but resist the urge to add more flour, as it will make the bread more dense.

Storage: Since there are no preservatives, the bread will only keep for a few days at room temperature. I recommend freezing any unused bread.

View attachment rb-1.jpg

View attachment rb-3.jpg

View attachment rb-4.jpg

View attachment rb-6.jpg

View attachment rb-7.jpg

View attachment rb-8.jpg

View attachment rb-11.jpg

View attachment rb13.jpg

View attachment rb-13.jpg

View attachment rb-14.jpg

The bread looks very tasty and delicious..

Candied Bacon
Dice half pound of bacon then fry !-- Drain and return bacon to heat add a tablespoon or 2 of brown sugar -- and a splash of apple cider vinegar -- Turn off heat and stirring until all bacon is coated !--
U might say Keef what do U do with candied bacon ? -- If there is any left it goes good on a baked sweet potato ? -- Might do a little something -something to any potato salad recipe !-- It's not dessert bacon !-- Everybody know chocolate covered bacon is dessert bacon !-- Oh Yeah !-- Thick cut bacon fried drained then dipped into melted chocolate and chilled on a rack !-- I am a devil !--but not Da Devil !

I already sinned against the health gods so no sense in holding back now !--

Chicken Fried Bacon

Use the thick cut bacon -- dust each side lightly with flour then dip it into a half egg half milk wash then into seasoned flour !-- Fry the bacon in oil until golden brown !-- Pour out most of the fat and stir in an equal amount of seasoned flour cooking until flour is lightly browned then stir in a can of evaporated milk and water as needed stirring until smooth and creamy !-- The gravy is the dip for the bacon !-- If U gonna die ? --Die happy !

Hack, thats a most excellent post. Keef, your ability to git around ain't got nuttin to do wit no accident. Yer arteries are concrete! Soon as deer season comes in I'll do my award winning chili. With pictures.

Chicken Etoufee

1 lb CKN tenders cut into bite size pieces
3/4 cup flour -- Seasoned with 1/2 tsp salt -- 1/4 tsp. Garlic powder -dash of red pepper
Oil to brown CKN
1/4 cup onion diced
1/4 cup celery chopped
1/4 cup bell pepper chopped
1 1/2 cup CKN stock

Seasoning mix :
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp each white pepper & red pepper
1/4 tsp oragano
1/4 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp basil
1 small Bay leaf
1 tsp Tabasco sauce

Rub or shake CKN with the salt -garlic powder ten coat CKN in the seasoned flour mixture and brown in hot oil reserve 1/4 cup of oil left after browning CKN for Roux --Drain CKN--set aside -- and add 1/4 cup flour and cook over medium heat stirring almost constantly until dark brown but be careful not to burn the flour !-- Remove from heat and add chopped veggies and stir to stop the flour from cooking further !-- Add roux and veggie mix to boiling stock by the spoon add stir return to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer -- Simmer uncovered 5-10 minutes add seasoning mix and stirr well -- Simmer an additional 10 minutes stirring frequently ! Melt 4 TBS of unsalted butter in Large skillet add 1/3:cup of green onions for about a minute over medium heat -- Add CKN and Etoufee sauce to skillet -- Bring to a boil stirring -- Remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes or so -- Skim off surface oil !
Serve over a good rice or crusty French bread !-- ** Remove that Bay leaf !

Latest posts

Back