My first of hopeful many

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruantorn

Reaction score
Hey all this will be my first chapter of my grow journal from the pre starting up to the end result.As this is going to be my first grow there will be some questions and I would be very grateful for responses

Welcome to MP. There is a lot to learn and many experienced growers here to help you on your journey.

Tell us what you have planned!

So this is the layout for my grow its going to be done in my room. My first plan was to remove the closet and replace it with the grow tent that will be sized 100x100x200cm but after measuring there wasnt enough space. so then i thought about moving the draws out and then moving my bed to be usable and take as much middle space as i could. Wardrobe still being removed thus giving me the space to set up the grow tent near the power to minimize cable wrap and still having space for my draws where I can move the contents of the wardrobe and still have a path to the heating cupboard where the boiler is.

I know this is alot of content for a grow journal but as this is my first grow i want to keep all the infomation this is more of a grow memory book for me.

Edit: forgot to attach the files but i had to show off my pro paint skills

View attachment PRE PLAN.png

View attachment FINAL PLAN.png

Good job on the drawing. Not too much content by any means. It is not the easiest thing to set up a proper grow space and anything we can do to help, we are more than happy to do. So exactly how big is your growing space going to be? What is your budget?

You will probably want to look at a 600W light for a space that is around 100 cm x 100 cm and a 6" exhaust fan. The dimmable electronic ballasts are nice as they run both HPS and MH bulbs and can be turned down. Be sure to get an air coolable hood or a cool tube. It can be awfully hard to cool a space without. An oscillating fan is also needed in your space to move air around. This is a different fan than the exhaust fan, which should be a decent centrifuge type.

Make sure that there is not a lot of draw on the circuit you are planning on using.

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CV3FB5S/ref=s9_simh_gw_p86_d8_i2?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0799VCFFHDD97BHGKQFD&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455344027&pf_rd_i=468294[/ame]

This is the kit i am planning to buy im going to go for a hyrdoponic grow.

for height ive got about 3-4 meters but width and length 1.5m is pushing it.

Money wise i can do around £500/$750 but for the moment cheaper is better.

Im lookin foward to hearing your thoughts on the kit

Also a noobie question: Is there much any diffrence from the plant pots close together opposed to spaced out?

Not really a good deal. I have found that these packages like this where they bundle everything either are overpriced or have products that are inadequate. This is a case of the products being inadequate. I have serious concerns about that fan being able to pull through a filter. I also do not believe that a 4" fan (any kind) and filter will be adequate, especially with a batwing reflector. I would never buy a light that you cannot air cool and would never recommend that anyone else do either. I also like digital ballasts over magnetic ballasts. There are several advantages to them.

So, I am going to suggest that you look for things "ala carte". Find a tent you want. A 100 x 100 will be fine for a 600W light. However, I would recommend a digital ballast that will fire both HPS and MH lamps. I also recommend an air cooled hood or a cool tube. You will need a 6" fan and filter to keep the 600W cool.

I believe that you are going to be able to set up a space with decent equipment that will do what it is supposed to and stay within your budget. But, do not scrimp on the lighting or ventilation. But there are a fair amount of miscellaneous things you need that add to the overall cost--pots, soil, soil amendments, nutrients, timers, meters, fan speed controller, ducting, and a few other things that I can not think of now.

You want an air cooled hood in a Tent. Trust me. Summer time it will get hot. Looks like you got a good start on what you need I'd just do a bit more research before you pull the trigger it's not a cheap hobby. I'm dropping $200 on a T5 light Tuesday and 2 Fans $60 . That's just the tip of what's needed.

havent posted here for a while but that will all soon change.

Ive got everything i need to start my hydro grow so pictures will be going out tomorrow and ill be intrested with feedback

started setting up the tent unpacked everything all i need now is the PH up and down and the tester for the water.

Ive had some problems with the floor of the tent the foundation poles getting the corner pieces on not sure but im starting to get the feeling that the poles are too long for the actual sides or im just doing it wrong. put will keep you all posted.

View attachment 034.jpg

ok so it is now done the tent is up and all i have to do now is everything apart from the tent.
So from my super intellect i was trying to put the base of the tent foundations into the spill tray go gather that but now its all electrics to do.

Im also wondering what vent hole would be best for the filter + fan and how low should i put the light for clones hydroponically

View attachment 034.jpg

View attachment 035.jpg

All the electrics are now in I would to hear you opinons on the Vents and such I know that at the moment the lamp is way too high but its up there so its easier to move my head around. The tents 2meters high and im 1.93m/6ft 4

View attachment IMG_0094[1].jpg

I finally have the plants in water so this is my first day of proper growing :farm: Ill post pics as soon as i can.

As always im grateful for all advice.

Peace out.

Right on man, good luck on the grow.

If the clones are already rooted and the light is air cooled, I'd imagine you can go ahead and bring it pretty close. Couple feet away? I'm not really an HID guy so I'm sure someone can give a better answer!

What kind and size of light did you end up getting?

Your plants look like they are nutrient burned. This will happen if they get food that is too strong while they are too young. What are you feeding them and how much? Tell us about how your hydro set up works. Are you adjusting your pH?

Latest posts

Back