leaves not looking good again ..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smeg

Reaction score
hi all
well its looks like something is not right to me , at the end of my last 2 grows my leaves have dried up and gone yellow early , not the nice yellow you get at the end of a grow on the odd leaves ... but every single leave dried up and went very crispy .
IMG_2723.JPGIMG_2724.JPGIMG_2725.JPGIMG_2726.JPGIMG_2727.JPG

im pretty sure that this is not a PH or nutes problem ..... i check all the time , and follow the Canna grow guide om there web page .

i grow in a tent (2mx2mx1m) , 600w HPs cool tube , Coco medium , Canna Nutes . strain is White widow

the leaves look like there suffering from some sort of deficiency . but i dont know what to do .... im using A+B rizotionic and Cannazyme. you can see this best Pic 2 and 5

i was wondering if this might be down to airflow .... i do have an intake fan , but its only a 4" fan .... i use a 8" extraction fan . and i have a big oscillating fan too.

looking for any help ,comments , advice .
thanks
Smeg

I can not stress enough my HATE for enzyme products. They can break down old roots, but if you grow right to begin with then what's it breaking down? I would stop the Zymes and start it on a good innoculated bennificial tea.

I have a 100$ bottle of sensizyme and it sits. Last time I used it I got a brown slime algae infestation and it killed my rootmasses and gave me the worst grow I ever had. THE ZYME IS THE ONLY THING I CHANGED in the nute lineup. Also, I stopped the ZYME and started a Benificial tea and my DWCs don't smell like rotting gym sock anymore. Roots are white and plants are happy again. I started to see leaf spots and brown roots but after the tea....good to go. It saved my whole grow.

Looks like a zinc deficiency. Double check on your pH. Lockout can occur high or low. Foliar feeding will work as a temporary workaround to get the new growth healthy again whilst you diagnose and fix the underlying problem.

funny you should say that about the enzyme products . i was going to stop using that , mainly because ive not noteiced any differance , and its expensive.

ive started foliar feeding , but i realy dont know what esle to do ....

i took some more pics yesterday , right before the lights where due on , i think theses pics show the yellowing better
IMG_2735.JPG IMG_2736.JPGIMG_2737.JPG IMG_2738.JPG

thanks for comments guys
smeg

They look hungry to me. Try this do a foliar spray 1/4 nute strength to a gallon and add 1/4 teaspoon magnesium to the mix

t6

thanks all .
I'll try adding some magnesium in the spray .... but that will have to wait till tomorrow , shops closed . looking at Hippy in England thread , ill get some epsom salts
ive got a couple of difference sets of nutes ... ive been using the canna range , for the next mix and going to use my GHE flora range , see if that helps .
thanks all
smeg

How often do you water (feed) them? Nute lock-out can be caused just as easily from over watering as from PH problems. The roots swell up like your fingers do in a hot-tub and lose their ability to uptake nutes -- Just saying (asking). Good luck, Smeg.

Peace

They look overfed to me. Try to water with no nutes the next go round and check ph runoff to see where the PH is sitting in the rootzone. sometimes a lockout can look like another issue. starting with quality water, and proper PH is a good idea.If the PH is in the zone- just lay off the nutes a bit till they come out of it.

hi all
I might have over watered them ...
I moved all the plants from small pots into the big pots there in now about 10 days ago , i gave them a good soaking when i first re-potted them , then about 4-5 days later i saw the yellowing in the leaves .... so gave them more water ... even thou the pots did't seem like they needed watering. its was a weak mix of nutes , as i didt want to stress them out after repotting them .
thanks for all the comments and advice
smeg

I have seen this problem. You are in coco and I love coco, but coco has one drawback, It tends to absorb nutes like a sponge. This is good as it holds the nutes and allows the roots of the plants to draw the nutes as needed. The one problem that I have seen many people have is with cal/mag because there is some chemical cation/anion ratio thing with the coco and cal/mag where it sucks it up and won't let it go until it reaches capacity and ballances out. I run coco but I always add extra "magical" from Technaflora at the beginning of the grow then back off some after a month and I have no trouble. But I have heard other people say that they had cal/mag deficiency occur in their plants when using coco.

I would be willing to bet that when you transplanted into the larger containers of coco that you didn't do any preconditioning of the coco(as no one does, including me) and you continued to feed normally, and all that fresh coco sucked up all the nutes and hasn't started releasing it to the plants yet. I would say get some liquid cal/mag and dose the coco real good with it, and do a light foliar spray with it, and see if they perk back up. :)

Hushpuppy is correct. I recently had a similar issue and I looked into it after hushpuppy helped me out and learned quite a bit regarding nutrients (and im still learning). You need to add 5ml of calmag per 1 gallon of water. I would suggest doing this for every watering if you are running coco as coco tends to absorb the calcium. You are noticing iron / calcium deficiencies which will drop your soil ph to low levels. Calcium will buffer the coco to keep it at a sweeter level (more alkaline level).

Simple resolution... add calmag! Feel free to ask any more questions and ill help if i can. Again, I had a recent issue with seedlings and since adding the calmag the problem has been resolved completely.

Hushpuppy--thanks for that interesting tidbit about coco. I am sure there are many that did not know that.

Wow , awesome reply / posts guys .
Hushpuppy your a STAR , your right, i did exactly what you said .
ill be off to the shop tomorrow to get some Calmag .
massive thanks to all
Smeg

Glad to help brother, hope it takes care of the girls for ya :)

Thanks for the pictures. they are looking nice.

Latest posts

Back