Super hot pepper advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CasualGrower

Reaction score
OK.... I have a friend that is looking for the best advice she can get for growing some super hot peppers...... Talking Carolina and California reapers.... Some other super hot varieties....... I am asking this forum because you all are some of the BEST botanists I can think of asking..... FIRE..... I have no experience with these..... just thought I would ask those that might know )

that's what I did, just basic stuff and let the genetics in the peppers come out. The bad part was the peppers were so hot, no one could eat them. Mine were scorpion peppers and you needed gloves to even pick them

I grow Ghost peppers every couple of years. I tried Carolina Reaper last year but I couldn't get them to take. I find keeping the soil slightly dryer than I do for my MaryJane works wonders with the ghost peppers. As far as nutrients go, I give them the organic BigBloom from FoxFarms here and there along with CalMag.

Funny story. My first Ghost pepper plant and the largest I've grown , grew in an abandoned hydroponic pot I tossed outside as trash after I thought it failed to take. The roots loved the stagnate hydro mix at the bottom of the pale. It thrived in there for 6 months only getting rain water from time to time. The harvest from that plant lasted me 5 years and I was giving peppers away like hot cakes.

Good Luck

Good soil with good drainage in a large pot. I use fish emulsion and feed them often early but back off when they flower. Keep them moist but not wet. This works for me but I grow harbeneros and jalepenos as I like flavour rather than ridiculous heat. Have to plant some again soon. Also have a big bird's eye that grew by itself.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I grew super hot peppers in hydro ebb and flow. they seem to love it and love a lot of light too

I grow various Thai peppers. I too like the flavors that they bring. Leftover DWC water that's watered down is what I feed them lately.And some Miracle Grow. I have an excess of peppers so I'm growing Chinese and Thai basils now. They will be taking the place of my soon to be culled pepper.

All spice is carried in oils. If you need to dilute the heat of a pepper, add oil. Along with quieting the heat, it brings out other flavors too

Great looking peppers MichiganHooligan!
I love growing Jalapeños. I have a 6 year old Jalapeño little tree that has produced sweet peppers. I grow in pots good drainage and give it worm castings and rabbit ****.
Thanks for letting me share

On a Stick Morning, I can not eat hot peppers myself
Go out way to hot
band.gif

Been growing peppers for yrs and have been doing that for yrs. I even make my own Cheyenne powder.
Interesting. I've wondered about making my own tabasco sauce, wouldn't think it would be that difficult. A friend of mine used to make Worcestershire sauce. It was a long drawn out process, but really was good.

What do you grind the peppers to powder with? or is it more like flakes?

bubba

I have good luck with hot peppers, but can not grow bell (sweet) peppers at all. Always stunted, bottom end rot. Soil needs a little work.

Bubba

@Bubba
No it's powered. We use an expensive ass machine called Vitamix. Fker does everything.
16325807895527892091441864345356.jpg

we love our jalapeños , they have been a part of my diet for 35 years

a pan of fried jalapeños with Philadelphia cream cheese are a great side dish with chips , tacos , and a Modelo

we use a coffee grinder or an old school food processor to grind up our peppers , cayennes , poblanos , Serranos , Anaheims , and some basic bell peppers , when we are making chili powders and such

my goal is to eat 1 jalapeño a day....

AAAFD181-2B38-4528-B998-8F93F020615E.jpeg
7DC6AE49-DA47-4FE4-9947-FD1F1818B2D8.jpeg
40F5061F-CD37-4995-B266-70F7BDC1E3FC.jpeg
DE0103E2-41BD-4691-A1AC-ED5C354326EF.jpeg

@Bubba
No it's powered. We use an expensive ass machine called Vitamix. Fker does everything.
View attachment 279375
Nice. I want a Vitamix and have for some time. I figured on the cheap maybe a coffee bean grinder, but I dont think it would be as fine
as the vitamix would do. I mean flakes are good, but I do use a lot of red pepper powder.

Bubba

my pepper for the day and I will probably have another this evening

View attachment 279381
I'm sure you know what to touch and not touch while handling hot peppers. Once that mistake is made it's going to take a minute. Fortunately, it is usually the eye I get it in....Habaneros and hotter can make my finger tips burn for a surprising long time, very difficult to remove all traces of those little devils from the hands..

bubba

Latest posts

Back