Peeps, I gotta question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hushpuppy

Dr MadBud
Reaction score
I have had some issues with Pythium in my hydro setup of late. I have heard people using H2O2 to help prevent that. I have never had to deal with that until this year. I got a chiller that keeps my rez around 66f-70f depending on outside temps. (small grows are a challenge to maintain temps correctly). I only have the regular hydrogen peroxide. Does anyone know how much I should use for preventative?

5 ml/gal is what I used, till temps lowered.

Cool thanks. This last run I didn't get Pythium but I want to make sure nothing is left hiding in my system. I did get real dark roots in my system but I felt of them and they didn't feel slimy or dead like the previous run. I think they are getting stained from a nutrient that I am using but not exactly sure. :)

I like to keep the water from even reaching 70 because the area between the water level and your lid will be over 70. I never leave anything in my rez. other than my nutes. If I notice any sliminess I start a rez change but while the lid and roots are out, I spray H2O2 right on the roots and after a few seconds, I flush thoroughly with Ph only water. Then put the lid with plants back into a fresh rez.

Since getting my water chiller setup going, I have been able to maintain a very steady 68f in both of my reservoirs. Havent had anymore trouble with Pythium since then. :)

Having to maintain water temps and airstones is probably what drives me away from dwc. You just have a wider temperature range when using an airy medium.

Latest posts

Back