DIY COB grow light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have this one about 1ft up atm. I'll lower it a lil everyday until I see signs of hurting the girls.

I've recently become addicted with home automation. That led me to arduino, which led me to wireless modules, which led me to raspberry pi and that led me to a whole new world...diy rgb led tv screens, diy tablets, diy computers...omg I think I'm in love.

Those Raspberry Pi's are amazing aren't they? I have 5 of them. LMAO I do have an Arduino too but I have not done anything with it yet.

Those Raspberry Pi's are amazing aren't they? I have 5 of them. LMAO I do have an Arduino too but I have not done anything with it yet.

Have you looked into the onion omega 2? Has a graphic user interface for writing programs instead of writing code....it's drag and drop lol.

There is also a drag and drop interface for the RPi. It's called Cayenne.

https://mydevices.com/cayenne/features/

I would rather write the code. Those drag and drop interfaces confuse me. LMAO

Nice! I know zero about writing code. I know I can copy and paste for a lot of things but I don't have a clue as to how to edit the code to customize it. I've been reading and watching as much as I can but a lot of it is like a foreign language. Any pointers, good reads, videos, etc?

Best way to learn it is to just do it. Like you said, picking snippets of code and making changes to it. It's definitely a long learning curve but it's a lot of fun and a great way to escape the real world. Not quite astro projection, but close. LOL

Most of the sensors come with some kind of code that makes them work. Piecing those together makes for an easy project.

My reference is always just the command and what it does so I like references like this....

https://www.w3schools.com/

They have a section just for the RPi, although I've never really checked out that section much....

https://www.w3schools.com/nodejs/nodejs_raspberrypi.asp

Try the Cayenne. You might like it. It's got a ton of features.

Omg! Thank you so much for the links, especially the first one. That will be very useful. Guess I need to buy a raspberry. I'm still undecided though. I might play with the omega first. I mean, it's a $9 computer lol. I'll just buy both lmao.

I've been going crazy with the wifi stuff. Bought a bunch of strip lights, bulbs and wifi controllers, a few sonoff switches. Also bought a bunch of components to build some wifi controllers using the esp8266. In a few months I'll have lots of lights and appliances on wifi.

I’ve got the parts for but have yet to build a far red flower initiator... I guess I don’t need it until I get something tomflower. It’ll turn on the 15 or so minutes as the mail lights go out. Supposed to signal the plants that it’s sleep time.

I’ve got the parts for but have yet to build a far red flower initiator... I guess I don’t need it until I get something tomflower. It’ll turn on the 15 or so minutes as the mail lights go out. Supposed to signal the plants that it’s sleep time.

I'm going to add some lil 3v far red crees but they'll just be on continuously. What kind of led are you going to use?

Beautiful ladies. I like how you've raised them. They have very nice structure! The pink fan being that close doesnt stress the plant in that area at all?

Latest posts

Back