Re-work of my grow space...and grow-2018

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2RedEyes

Reaction score
My space is of course very limited but I’m trying to make the best of it. It actually has been able to keep me and my wife well potted over the last year with the addition of outdoor growing when the season allows. Here are some pics of my shop and the grow box. It was in the past, under the workbench at the far end but it was a pain to access being on the floor. So I decided to put it on legs and move it for better and easier access. I have a new diy growlight that I used for a good part of my last grow and it seems to do well. I can lower it right down to within a foot of the canopy and I get good coverage over the whole area. It does not produce much heat either. This time I’m going to use coco chips in cloth pots and nutrients will be pumped via a timer and allowed to drain into the large tote under the rack. On the side of the cabinet you can see the controls. They are controllable via WiFi as well as via their internal timers. Also since this cabinet is in my unheated workshop, I have a heater controller and a small heater set to keep it in the 70’s or so. Keeping it cool will not be a problem as I only expect to use this space during the cooler months. Spring and summer, we move outside. I’ll get something started in the near future and update this thread when that happens. Thanks for looking...

View attachment F9A78320-CC05-40D1-9451-6897AA752F1C.jpg

View attachment 84CAD9FF-70F2-4DA1-8F8A-EAECEC031A7A.jpg

View attachment 52AA98BA-0362-4C79-AAEB-32827EACB7A2.jpg

Good luck with your new space

That is a nice little box and you can hardly notice it tucked away there. Looks like a tool cabinet with a few storage tubs below it. Perfect!

That space will be very bright with those leds. You can turn them down by adjusting the Io potentiometer under the black plug on the led driver. How are the light leaks with the door closed?

Yes it is bright, I turned it on the first time with the doors open....It leaks a little light but I don’t really have to worry about being so stealthy, i’m the only one who has access. I could put a filter on it I guess but I don’t mind the smell....

Nice set up:aok:

I would use a filter. No reason for any nosey people following their nose and ripping you off.

Its legal, everyone is allowed 6 plants. In Cali, no one goes to jail for growing a few plants.

Its legal, everyone is allowed 6 plants. In Cali, no one goes to jail for growing a few plants.

Yes it is, and my grow is right within the states guidelines. Not that someone couldn’t rip me off but I live in a 55 and older community and my neighbor is about to turn 100. He doesn’t do much prowling so I’m not really worried. We don’t get a lot of thru traffic here anyway...

LOL, if i was 100 years old, I would need lots of pot. Love Cali and their laws.

Nice set-up! Anything fancier than a power strip and a plug in cord is out of my area of expertise :p

A couple days ago I got a package in the mail, woohoo. Some cbd seeds from MP, Rosebud and Umbra collaboration. So I started 10 seeds including one freely I had already. So I got 3 Nurse Larry, 3 Blueberry and 3 CBD Crew Indicas all crossed with Valentine-x. So Valentine-x is rumored to be 25:1 cbd:thc. The others are supposed to be good cbd as well. So I’m excited to see what we get... I just planted them today in some home made cloth pots full of coco chips. I’m sure my grow cabinet will clear out some as these guys show their sex so It’s a little crowded right now.
My auto feed/water system seems to be working but I’m doing it by hand for the first week or so. Well here goes!!!

View attachment 7FBD99CE-E94A-494A-9E28-2E727D538C17.jpeg

I wish I could start some, but I have no space for another single plant so I will wait, lol.

Progress report, 10 of 10 are up and doing well, I’ll flip’m when the get bigger, guessing maybe a month but we’ll see...

I'm assuming you planted on the 3oth, probably all up about the 4th of Jan, making those plants about 8 or 9 days old.
that about right, 2Rs?
or do I see them popping through on the 30th?
just shy of 2 weeks in that picture?

I planted same time you did, look at this piece of crap.
not sure why I still do this, I'm a masochist I guess but no reason why these plants have to suffer like this, somebody stop me!

View attachment 100_0006.jpg

Sopappy, mine have been in the ground a little longer than that. I know they were in the ground before the start of Feb so maybe Jan 31. So 11 or 12 days. I’m growing in coco chips using just a one part nute and I’m hoping to use this same nute thru the entire process as that’s what it’s for. Greenleaf Nutes, MegaCrop. You may not be interested but if you are, they have a special going on for trial a small bag of the dry nute for just the cost of shipping. This stuff stinks to high heaven in the dry form but as soon as you mix it the smell is gone and it dissolves really quick and easy. I’m just mixing according to the manufacturer recipe and feeding 3 times per day for 20 minutes. The coco drains really well and fast so that shouldn’t be too different than your clay balls except that it retains the nutes and such for the roots. I tried doing dwc in the clay and I had absolutely no success though I was using a different nute then. I don’t really have any advice as I’m such a rank amateur. But I’m sure you’ll get it going...

Latest posts

Back