New Hydroponics growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brentgonzo5

Reaction score
Hi all, I am interesting in hydroponics indoor growing. New to Growing. I am based in the Caribbean so the weather is around 80 - 85% daily. Having read a lot on the Internet on hydro grow boxes etc, I would like some suggestions on how to start. I will be growing indoors house/apartment. I would like to know that type of equipment needed, nutrients etc and final average seed yield (white widow/big bud) and other advice to make hydo indoors a resounding success.
Thanks in advance for your input and guidance.

can i ask a personal question why are you growing inside take advantage of the free light

yeah what pcduck says. Great info here for starters. DWC would be ya best bet. just to get ya feet wet:rofl: good luck. in an apartment huh? be sure carbon scruber on the buy list

oh an welcome to the site

Due to the cost of electricity in the caribbean, I would use the sun instead.
You won't pull enough weight indoors to justify the expense. Duty on hydro nutes will cost a lot too. I am relocating to the caribbean myself in the next few years and I plan on growing under the giant HPS in the sky.

Hi appreciate both the comments and feedback.

However I am on one of the smaller islands less than 200sq miles.

How could I grow on the outdoors in a stealth manner, and what seed choice big bud or white widow work well or ANY other seed recommended to START commercially if I choose this outdoors method?

In regards to purchasing seeds where can I purchase that I will be able to receive in the Caribbean with no problems?

It would mean that I have to grow in the country which is several miles from my residence which I have no problems doing as i have transportation.

I look forward to further guidance and input.

ANY other seed recommended to START commercially

I have no idea, as I only grow for myself.

You could use an auto flowering strain. They will begin flowering after a certain amount of time has gone by, no matter how much light there is.
You could take the best male and some nice females to make enough seeds to last you for a long time. Short term amnesia and dieselryder are 2 nice auto flower strains.

For those wondering why the OP doesn't want to grow outdoors, Marijunana is mostly illegal in the carribean, which is a shame since the sun and mother Earth is better, but anyway, guerilla growing aside, I don't have much knowledge in hydroponics.

Good luck. I don't know if it's hotter in the apartment or outside, but marijunana growth starts to slow down beyond 85 F so you might have to consider some sort of cooling system.

I have been buying Feminized seeds from Nirvana[/URL], ]Hemp Depot[/URL], and ]Attitude[/URL] seed bank.
These are all good. Nirvana has the best service, and if you have any problems, they will address them with you.
Starting a hydro grow of Snow White. This should be good.
Here is a picture of Redrock. It is suppose to give up 800-850 grams per 1000 watts.[

Redrock.jpg

Welcome to the site, hope u like hydro I sure do, quicker growth less mess than dirt. Your gonna need a 5 gal bucket light proof with duct tape or something.an air pump for 20-30gal aquariums, a long airstone, a small recirculating under water pump to bring water from the bucket to the net pots. There's nutes on eBay 35$ for everything! search BMO fertilizer. Lemon juice or white vinegar brings ph down, lots of bubbles should bring your ph up to 6.0 that's perfect. Worrying about yeild at this point is kinda jumping the gun, I suggest reasearching a good amount before germinating store bought seeds, try some bag seeds first see how it goes. Amazon dot com has books one i reccomend is medicalmarijuana indoor/ outdoor bible.Make sure your closet or grow space is light proof and circulates air, clean and spray for bugs before germinating. If money is no object stealthhydro dot com sells this entire set up minus lights, I flower only 2 plants at a time(quality over quanity) I use 180watt 6 band LED but that's close to 300$ per panel. if you plan on growing more than 2 plants at a time your gonna want a bigger bucket and 1000w hps.

850 grams??? who do i talk to?:)

Latest posts

Back