One girl just won't grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

000StankDank000

Reaction score
So out of my plants 3 are giving me problems with growth. This jack herer won't grow and is curling and dying now
View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421009137.260160.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421009148.113194.jpg

The other 2 I have tortured and left in small pots so they have a reason but the jack was treated the same as the other seedlings.
Is it possible to have a " slow" seedling?
View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421009230.246441.jpg
The torture chamber AKA T5 lol

well, some plants, are just born weak. don't bother trying to make a professional basketball player out of a midget...

LOL I figured that was the case. She is the runt. I'm gonna have to just pull the plug.

Ive had plants do this before. Some made it some didnt....the one that made it i unpacked the soil and transplanted them in a more pearlite rich soil. They lagged behind the other plants for a while but they grew out of it. If you have some time and the space, you might be able to save it. If not, oh well, grow another one.

If you tansplant, dont keep the new soil too wet.

Like Lesso said, sometimes they do make a comeback. I'm not sure the reason that some do this, I think its a soil / root problem. Could be too much water, I have had a few plants do this, even tho their siblings are happy. I would let it dry out abit, and see what happens.

Yeah, pull the plug on anything "lesser" in your room. At least, that's how I see it. :)

Pot is too big , put it in a smaller container in unferted soil so it can get a bit of a root ball before you put it in a large container. It looks overfed, the cotyledons are not even yellowing. Smaller container you have better control of water and feed, if you have a problem you can fix it faster in the smaller pot because you don't have to wait as long for your medium to dry out. You can take it out of the large pot clean the roots of any rotted or dying roots off and put in some fresh soil . But then again I could be completely wrong.

I would certainly be for getting some kind of reflective enclosure around the plants. You loose so much light when you have the plants in a large space with no enclosure. The posters of the bud are cool, but detrimental to the grow. Paint white and put up something reflective close to the plants.

I also would opt for a smaller container. It is a mistake to transplant too soon when the plant is still small. It makes watering and feeding a lot tougher and also wastes a bunch of nutrients.

Yes she was killed. Over fed way to soon and also put into a too big off pot without a big root mass. Live and learn. Thanks for input

Latest posts

Back