Growing Marijuana Forum

Bud of the Month: Umbra's White x Nepalese Indica
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > Grow Journals
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2007, 06:52 PM   #1
screwdriver

Default Screwdriver's White Widow grow

Well Ive read good stuff about white widow so I thought I'd give a couple seeds a try. I'm hoping for a female.

The cabinet is 45 x 45 x 120cm for flower and a little less height for veg which sits directly above. I veg under 70w mh, flower 150hps.
Soil is reused over and over, so who knows whats actually in it. I throw in a little blood, bone, gauno, fish fert, 3 phosphate, potash, perlite alfalfa......Whatever I feel like at that time.

On with the show.....

Imagine a picture of a breeder pack of white widow seeds.

Imagine a picture of a seed with tap root showing.

I like to germinate with a paper towel in a glass. I remember in first grade germinating a seed this way. It makes me feel like I am contributing to this seeds survival. In two or three days you get a tap root. Then I drop it in some of my soil and in three or four days you get plants.

Imagine a picture of two little plants.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:15 PM   #2
Dewayne
IS BAKED

Dewayne Dewayne Dewayne Dewayne Dewayne Dewayne Dewayne Dewayne Dewayne Dewayne Dewayne

haha, i'm stoned so my imagination is working great. From what i can imagine, they're looking good! lol. But it sounds like you have everything all set and under control, i look forward to seeing some pictures sometime in your grow, thanks for sharing your grow with us! I take it it's not your first grow being as you said you reuse soil. Anyways good luck with it all bro and take care!

~Burn One~
Dewayne

Dewayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:29 AM   #3
screwdriver

You don't have to use your imagination now.

Last edited by screwdriver; 09-11-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:43 AM   #4
Dankerz

nice grow show so far..keep us updated.
goodluck
Old 07-07-2007, 12:52 AM   #5
420check420

lookin sweet man!! and that mix you made for the spent soil, dead on.. thats perfect man.. they should looooooove that
Old 07-07-2007, 06:40 AM   #6
bombbudpuffa
Sweet Cheeba Chiefa

bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa

Looks wonderful! Good luck.

bombbudpuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 07:54 AM   #7
Dewayne
IS BAKED

Dewayne Dewayne Dewayne Dewayne Dewayne Dewayne Dewayne Dewayne Dewayne Dewayne Dewayne

Yup, just how i imagined LOL. Pretty and doing excellent!!! Keep up the good work man. Keep us updated too =) I look forward to seeing these flower

~Burn One~
Dewayne

Dewayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:51 PM   #8
screwdriver

Thanks to everyone. I'll send positive thoughts your way.

I'm limited in space so I look for a keeper. Right now its the BBxNL, a DP Blueberry went hermie and am still undecided (most likely to go).

Only 18 days of knowing her, I bent her over. This time I'm doing a quarter twist at each node to keep each pair horizontal. I also screwed up the first bend, kinked. No big whoop, it will end up with a big ugly knot instead of a nice curve. Also topped at fifth or sixth node on both. I'm going to be taking some cuttings from both so I can get them into flower.

Last edited by screwdriver; 09-11-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:02 AM   #9
SmokinMom

Looking great dude.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:20 PM   #10
screwdriver

Thanks SmokinMom.

Here's the latest pics of them. I dont know exactly how old, but it is around 27 days of veg. Just noticed a preflower. It looks female, but no hairs yet. (One on left)
Trying to fight off the yellow. Topped dressed with my blood, bone, potash, lime and Bti (fighting gnats and winning) Using fish fert water. You can see how I bent the stem, but the nodes are level. Still no preflowers. We will be having a tea party shortly.

Attachment 29012

Last edited by screwdriver; 09-11-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:37 PM   #11
Birdman Burke
Fire It Up

Birdman Burke Birdman Burke Birdman Burke Birdman Burke Birdman Burke Birdman Burke Birdman Burke Birdman Burke Birdman Burke Birdman Burke Birdman Burke

nice plants dude but that one if
its still tilled to the side like that
i would tie that to something or tape
it but other than that all ur plants
look good dude hope ya get a good
smoke from that dude

take care

peace.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:37 AM   #12
screwdriver

Hey Birdman, not sure what you mean other than its tilted maybe. Its supposed to be. I did kink the stem but not bad enough to need support.

Here's my preflower: Male or Female ?
Name:  DSCN4500.JPG
Views: 429
Size:  72.1 KB

And a better shot of the twist.
Name:  DSCN4502.JPG
Views: 260
Size:  94.9 KB
Old 07-13-2007, 11:56 PM   #13
screwdriver

My first WW preflower turned out to be male so I will keep him as long as I can to get pollen. I also took some cuttings, but those soon will be culled.
These are my LSTed WW. I just took one cutting. This one hasn't showed any preflowers so I am holding out hope.
Attachment 29364Attachment 29365

Last edited by screwdriver; 09-11-2008 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:22 AM   #14
gunnjabsgrow

gunnjabsgrow gunnjabsgrow gunnjabsgrow gunnjabsgrow gunnjabsgrow gunnjabsgrow gunnjabsgrow gunnjabsgrow gunnjabsgrow gunnjabsgrow gunnjabsgrow

right on looking good bro. have u switched to 12/12 or no? if you did how long you been on it? if not that might be why you dont got preflowers yet
gunnjabsgrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 03:23 AM   #15
screwdriver

Hello and thanks for stopping by.
I apologize to everyone for not putting more detail in posts. I'm going to put more effort to this log.

The first WW to show was a male. I trimmed off the lower nodes to propagate and then a couple more to make him more manageable. In flower for 5 days.
Attachment 29407

Here is the second WW. Still no signs of sex. I kept them at 20/4 then went to 12/12 5 days ago. I'm flowering in my veg chamber under a 70w MH. My flower chamber is full at the moment. Something I had handy was some foil tape so I put across the soil to hold up the lower leaves. I don't like them laying in the soil and it reflects light up and sticky side will trap gnats that remain around.
Attachment 29406Attachment 29405
We had our alfalfa tea party and boy did it smell. I was sweating the whole time it was brewing and had to cover the return air vent to keep it from the rest of the house.

Last edited by screwdriver; 09-11-2008 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:00 AM   #16
Pot Belly
Honeywagoneer

Pot Belly Pot Belly Pot Belly Pot Belly Pot Belly Pot Belly Pot Belly Pot Belly Pot Belly Pot Belly Pot Belly

Good grow, screwdriver.

Lookin great so far - keep it up. Pic's are good.
Pot Belly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 06:25 AM   #17
Kupunakane

Default With Thyme Comes Sageing

OH-Boy,
It's like starting another book to read, only with these you get pics and the fun of knowing someone is going to get a trip to another planet, LOL
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna
Old 07-16-2007, 02:34 AM   #18
screwdriver

Thanks Pot Belly. King, I can't read a book with out pictures.

Here's the little girl. The mother hasn't shown signs of herself. This cutting is from the the fourth or fifth node. The lower nodes got so big after I bent her that I hated to take such a big future site. When those hormones kick in after stress that node explodes. I love bending them in the short time I know them its a better high knowing of your involvement.
Name:  DSCN4536.JPG
Views: 103
Size:  73.1 KB
Old 07-18-2007, 04:01 AM   #19
screwdriver

Well, I just got confirmation that I got a female.

This is a good thing. One seed turned out to be male, good looking, but not my type. I'm getting White Widow pollen and excited. I believe pollen can survive and be viable for quite some time.....years.... Blueberry x NL pollen was harvested 10/06. Was used at 07/07 and got viable seeds. I'll use it again on this WW female, maybe get 20-30 seeds. That would make the pollen I got 14months old when I use it. No proof, but I saw thing on education channel about finding viable seeds and pollen in the pyramids. I could be stoned it was a long time ago. I'll get some seeds from a beauty of a plant, my Blueberry x NL(VI), that I keep elsewhere in the same cabinet. I'll get a good variety of seeds that I can't plant, but I can do it for fun. Here's my little collection.
Attachment 29632

Last edited by screwdriver; 09-11-2008 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:06 AM   #20
Kupunakane

Default With Thyme Comes Sageing

Cool !!

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna