Growing Marijuana Forum

Bud of the Month: Umbra's White x Nepalese Indica
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > Sick Plants & Problems
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2009, 08:08 PM   #1
yama102106

yama102106
Unhappy more info on a sick mary...

i have about a 3 inch in diameter container about 3 inches deep, plastic. i just went outside and grab some topsoil out of the garden. i have a little fert stick on the side of the container. i just have a 100 watt soft white bulb above it insulated with aluminum foil in the lamp. its about a foot and a half above the plant. the plant container also has aluminum foil around it to help thicken the stem from a previous thread. i also have a fan on low to make the leaf's move a little and keep the plant from burning up. i dont know the pH level or anything like that. please help will have photos of sick mary and my new sprout healthy jane. i also use tap water to water it, but i let it sit out for 24 hours to get chemicals out. please help my brothers......
yama102106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:26 PM   #2
cadlakmike1

cadlakmike1 cadlakmike1 cadlakmike1 cadlakmike1 cadlakmike1 cadlakmike1 cadlakmike1 cadlakmike1 cadlakmike1 cadlakmike1 cadlakmike1

I don't even know where to start with this except to say you have a lot of reading to do. Not to be rude but this is why you need to research before you start a plant. You never even said what's actually wrong with the plant. First of all, the single most important thing with watering is the PH, you need to check it and adjust it more than likely. What is the N-P-K of that fertilizer stick you are using? Aluminum foil is not good to use as reflective material because it is not that reflective plus if it is not really smooth it creates hot spots. Is the bulb you are using just a regular light bulb lamp, if so it is not what you want to grow pot. If it is a foot and a half above the plant your plant is going to stretch really bad.

Quote:
the plant container also has aluminum foil around it to help thicken the stem from a previous thread
I have no idea what that means, sorry.

BHC# 655321

Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a government organization.
cadlakmike1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:38 PM   #3
Growdude
I am the Smo King

Growdude Growdude Growdude Growdude Growdude Growdude Growdude Growdude Growdude Growdude Growdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by yama102106
i have about a 3 inch in diameter container about 3 inches deep, plastic. i just went outside and grab some topsoil out of the garden. i have a little fert stick on the side of the container. i just have a 100 watt soft white bulb above it insulated with aluminum foil in the lamp. its about a foot and a half above the plant. the plant container also has aluminum foil around it to help thicken the stem from a previous thread. i also have a fan on low to make the leaf's move a little and keep the plant from burning up. i dont know the pH level or anything like that. please help will have photos of sick mary and my new sprout healthy jane. i also use tap water to water it, but i let it sit out for 24 hours to get chemicals out. please help my brothers......
Im not sure what else there is to do wrong.

Way to much for me to answer in this thread.

Growdude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:47 PM   #4
kalikisu

kalikisu kalikisu kalikisu kalikisu kalikisu kalikisu kalikisu kalikisu kalikisu kalikisu kalikisu

this is so wrong on so many levels. ! use a cfl of energy saving spiral. remove that 100 watt inc bulb immediately spend three or four dollars at lowes or home depot and get a cfl. Find one with the most lumens. mary will be sick till you at least do that.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:20 PM   #5
Hick
Git "R" lit

Hick Hick Hick Hick Hick Hick Hick Hick Hick Hick Hick

gosh guys.. give him a link!!!
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ead.php?t=9396

"Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved"

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Site_Rules.html
Site Rules.. Please read 'em..

Hick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:46 PM   #6
blancolighter

blancolighter blancolighter blancolighter blancolighter blancolighter blancolighter blancolighter blancolighter blancolighter blancolighter blancolighter

It is good to do research before starting something new, but there is also something to say about the adventure of just jumping into something! It makes things a bit more fun, like now there should be a high speed drive to the store to pick up some bigger pots, new unfertilized soil, a high watt CFL light, and all other kinds of craziness then a race back home. It's now a rush against the clock to keep these plants alive, lots of action and suspense this way! I like it!

Haaa, yea I'm
blancolighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:51 PM   #7
lordhighlama
dont mind the simple lama

lordhighlama lordhighlama lordhighlama lordhighlama lordhighlama lordhighlama lordhighlama lordhighlama lordhighlama lordhighlama lordhighlama

I agree with your logic blanco, just wouldn't recommend that tactic with expensive beans or clones.

Leprechaun Seeds Presents : Growing Gold

Lama Goes Organic