Responces about the Vote for "Letter to the President" LEGALIZE MARIJUANA.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

POTUS

This thread is for responces to the POLL at:

VOTE ON THIS ISSUE

IF a coordinated effort to send ORIGIONAL hand printed documents that clearly state a dislike for the current marijuana laws and a desire to have it LEGALIZED were to take place, and MILLIONS of letters directed at the office of the PRESIDENT where they would be counted and processed, then something might actually get done. The people would have had their say as a type of vote.

The press would get hold of the MILLIONS of letters fact, widely propagate the news and a real notice would take place that has a chance of changing the law by Executive Order.

This would have to be set up as much as a year ahead. The "pre-news" would start filtering to both the legal side and the side of the people with a FIRM DATE OF MAILING noted. That would do many things. It would enable people to talk among themselves so that many "fence-sitters" may decide to do it, and it would progressively bring it to the attention of the legal system that a change was inevitable.

SET THE DATE, SPREAD THE WORD NATIONALLY, ASK EVERYONE TO SEND AN ORIGIONAL LETTER, NO PRE-PRINTED FORMS. USE THE "KISS" PRINCIPLE. NO 50 PAGE LETTERS. ONE PAGE, CLEAR, PRECISE.

On that date, the massive, MILLIONS of letters would tie the system into knots for many days. They would arrive in D.C. for a couple of weeks to be counted and read for a vote count. The news would broadcast the vote-by-letter. It would be an event.

The first series of letters would be talked down by the anti-marijuana people. They would probably cause it to be finally ignored. HOWEVER, that is when the second, and if necessary, a third and fourth series of letters are sent on prescribed days following the first, IF THE LAWS ARE NOT CHANGED BY EXECTUTIVE ORDER. It's that simple. FORCE the President to stop marijuana prosecution until the senate and the congress can vote on the law and over-turn it.

If this is done, marijuana would be legal to use within a month. I'm going to start a Poll for who will write this letter on January 20th, 2010.

If you are going to write a letter, then just vote yes.

Others in other countries than the USA, please feel free to do the same in your own country. A world-wide effort would be quite the news.

Edited by Stoney. Not as pushy.

andy52 said:
sounds like a good idea to me bro.i am down for that.
Outstanding, Andy. Between now and then, we'll all decide on the points that need to be clearly stated in each letter. Please mark it on your calendar for December 31st, so that you don't forget to do it on JANUARY 20th, 2010.

Edit: Toned down by Stoney.

i will definitely be watching this thread for input on what needs to be said.i know it needs to be intelligently presented.thanks potus

Good work POTUS.

Personally, I do send a letter now and then, to my local congresman and to other local officials. The first letter I sent federally, went to Obama.

No responses, but I feel better and I feel it allows me to gripe.

And yes, form letters are the worst things for "the cause".

I will definately be in on this, someone should contact NORML and High Times to see if we could get it widespread to more just the general people we know in our particular regions. Get it out to the masses so to speak.

POTUS said:
Outstanding, Andy. Between now and then, we'll all decide on the points that need to be clearly stated in each letter, in each persons OWN WORDS.

Please mark it on your calendar for December 31st, so that you don't forget to do it on JANUARY 20th, 2010.

We have to SPREAD THE WORD.

It won't do anything, if only us at MP do this. Tell everyone you know to spread the word. Post it on every group you belong to. Get people moving on it. Every person should tell at least 20 others. Ask each person to tell another 20 other people.

Do it again and again and again, throughout the year.

Ramp it UP !!!!

The last thing we want to hear is "Well I was excited at first, but it seemed like no one else was really interested, so I kinda just let it drop"

I'm going to base my entire outlook on Marijuana legalization, on the outcome of this effort. If it falls on it's collective azz, then I'll never discuss it again for the rest of my life.

We have a chance to really, really MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

It simply won't work unless it's a coordinated effort by MILLIONS OF PEOPLE.

So, spread the word. Do it again. Then again and again until January 20th, 2010.
as long as i am out of jail and on MP still ill be sure to tell everyone i know and get the word flowin.mad props for trying something besides sitting on your ***.

Im game..
please set up a guided letter that we can use as a Template.(no copying you stoners)
Not all of us know how to write a proper letter.lol
and put the address we need to mail to

Shockeclipse said:
I will definately be in on this, someone should contact NORML and High Times to see if we could get it widespread to more just the general people we know in our particular regions. Get it out to the masses so to speak.
Great idea man.

Edited by Stoney. Much nicer.

city said:
Im game..
please set up a guided letter that we can use as a Template.(no copying you stoners)
Not all of us know how to write a proper letter.lol
and put the address we need to mail to
The letter doesn't need to be formal or in a business format. It needs only to contain a clear statement that you think marijuana should be legal for people who wish to use it and that growing it for your own personal use should also be allowed. As long as those two ideas are clear in it, then that will make it clear.

As for the address of the White House...

The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

Mr. President,

I am a citizen of the United States of America, of voting age, and I wish to make my opinion clear to you about the laws in our country concerning marijuana usage.

I firmly believe that marijuana should be legal to use and governed by the same laws that concern alcohol consumption.

I also believe that a private citizen should be able to grow their own marijuana in an amount sufficient to supply them with enough for their own personal use.

Please, Mr. President, enough of our county's resources have been wasted on the futile effort to control the use of this harmless plant. Enough of our citizens have suffered legal action as a result of using this plant.

Please use your Executive Powers to stop the senseless persecution of the citizens who choose to use this plant for both medical relief of pain and suffering as well as a method of mild, relaxing, recreational enjoyment.

If commercial production were to be allowed, controlled and taxed for sale to the public in the same manner as alcohol, the revenue produced from the jobs created and the profits from it's legal and taxed sale would also help our country revive from this recession.

Thank you for your attention to this needless waste of the taxpayers money, the Governments resources and billions of dollars that could be better used in other venues.

DO NOT SEND ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE.

You have said nothing about using or growing marijuana yourself. You have not implicated yourself as a user or grower. This is important.

Please hand print this clearly. Take your time and make it very legible and easy to read. This is also important.

Thank you all,

StoneyBud

i got a pen, paper and some pocket change.......and i'm in too.

clanchattan said:
i got a pen, paper and some pocket change.......and i'm in too.
Good for you man.

Edited by Stoney. No offence meant.

On the "official Obahma" web site they allowed questions for the general public to ask Obahma questions, the #1 question out of something like 16,000 questions was, was he plannng on decriminalizing MJ and of course he was renigging and gave a simple 1 liner saying something along the line of "it is not his top priority" I am all for sending something to Washington but I think the sooner the better.

I just went to the site and it is now all different (since now they are transitioning) and not 1 of the issues in his agenda is anything about MJ at all - mater of fact there is nothing

hxxp://www.whitehouse.gov

yumyumbubblegum said:
I just went to the site and it is now all different (since now they are transitioning) and not 1 of the issues in his agenda is anything about MJ at all - mater of fact there is nothing
If several million hand written letters arrived at the White House concerning MJ legalization, he'd have no choice but to address the issue publicly.

Edited by Stoney. More polite.

I will definately send a letter, and I didn't see that I could vote on this here til just now. And obviously its after the 20th.

But yes, I'll still be doing it. No printer so I'll use my best handwriting.

Thanks Potus.

you can complain that no one state that they are going to write a letter but i didnt even know this had a poll till i read it again..

hey everyone this has a vote button in the first part of the thread that you need to go vote in

SmokinMom said:
I will definately send a letter, and I didn't see that I could vote on this here til just now. And obviously its after the 20th.

But yes, I'll still be doing it. No printer so I'll use my best handwriting.

Thanks Potus.
It's for the 20th of January, 2010. A year from now.

I added the date to the title of the post. Maybe that will help.

POTUS said:
If several million hand written letters arrived at the White House concerning MJ legalization, he'd have no choice but to address the issue publicly.

However, it looks like not enough people who use MJ even care enough to write a freakin letter.

It's starting to look like a case of "Talk the talk, but don't bother walking the walk".

Or

"All talk and no action"

What a shame.

Very true Stoney like you said it is all about walking the talk now :hubba: I have a whole year to come up with a letter SO I am for sure in on this...

This is the address to The White House

The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back