Misplaced southerner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D34TH

Reaction score
Hey yall i from down south came up north to a state which has extreme potential for being legal in the not to far future i have previous experience with growing from mild outdoor grows to flood tables with 2000 watt of hps. I plan on doing fluorescent grow once its legal in this state. I also have plenty of people to be a care giver for on the crops so i can turn around a good buck depending how the law gets laid out, hopefully good in the ways of free marketing it.

Welcome to MP, we are glad you are here. Let us know how we can help.

Welcome to MP.

I am going to try and encourage you right off the bat to not use fluoros for flowering, especially if you are growing for others, too. While T5 fluoro tubes are great for vegging, if you are serious about this, you are going to want to flower with HPS or LEDs. There are many reasons not to use CFLs.

Being a caregiver does not mean that you can make big bucks. You are growing for others who cannot--it is not meant to be a money maker.

That's why they call it Caregiver.
HOT5s can be used to flower and get decent bud,,,as I have done it,,,,BUTTTT,,,my time and money would have been much more productive using HPS which turns out bigger denser buds. I know nothing about LEDs. I used HOT5s cause that's all I had at the time and was tired of buying weed.http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=958981&postcount=1

Thank yall for the greetings i have been on the tittering point of small hps 600 watt(currently have in bat wings) or 800 watt watts of floros. main reason i thought of those is because of less stims and relatively same density. i will most likes get me a vents hood for hps to start but i am curious on a massive scrog setup with t5s.

Welcome! :vap-leafy_wave:

The HOT5 ballast will put out heat. At one time I used a 6 light ballast to veg and flower by changing out the bulbs. A thermometer I put on top of the ballast was usually around 93 degrees.

HPS and metal halide bulbs work better for me.

However you grow have fun with it!

What are less stims? Not sure where you heard that you will get the same density with T5s as HPS, as you will not--not even close. And the buds will be lighter and airier when compared to HPS. And you will need quite a bit more watts to equal the same usable light. In addition, you are not going to want to veg with red light (HPS). You might want to do some more reading up on lighting needs for cannabis. You want something in the blue range (6500K) for vegging and something in the red range (2500-3000K) for flowering. And you want your strongest light for flowering. So running HPS for vegging and T5s for flowering is backwards. I run T5s for vegging and HPS and LED (2 separate closets) for flowering.

Not sure what you mean by massive, but 800W of T5s and/or 600W of HPS is not enough light for a massive grow. You need to adjust the size of your space to the lighting you will be using. You need a minimum of 3000 lumens per sq ft for vegging and 5000 for flowering. We do not use wattage as different types of lighting put of way different amounts of lumens per watt. For instance, most MH lighting puts out 90 lumens per watt, T5s from 92 to 100 lumens per watt, HPS 125-150+ lumens per watt.

You have mentioned nothing about ventilation, but it is almost as important as your lighting. Do you have the equipment you need?

Hello and welcome D34TH. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor. However, you may want to do your research before posting or your *** will continuously get handed to you. Read and research my friend :)

Its okay my friend,,,we all started out like that. Hell my dumb *** started with CfLs in a fridge. Then I joined MP and got my *** handed to me,,,lol. But they were very understanding and got me on track. Hang in there and listen to these grower's. We have some of the best growers around.

We are not handing his/her *** to him. We are trying to keep him/her from making mistakes and wasting time money and effort. It takes about 4 months to go from seed to harvest and takes a fair amount of time, effort and money along the way. We just want them to have something to show for their effort when they are done.

Can't hand my *** to me anymore,,,I don't have one. Scratched it off years ago. Lol

Perhaps it was the blunt demeanor, lack of apathy, and the addition of the caregiver chastising that led me to believe this was something it is not. Forgive me and carry on :)

That was so 2 post ago. Why you hanging on to the past. :rofl:

LOL WH...I am biting my tongue to not say I have been a caregiver for 7 years. I don't sell pot. Especially to sick folks. It didn't work, i couldn't bite hard enough.

Hell i dont think he or she or even coming back. Lol

Prolly over at riu. Lol.
Dat Where the pro'z be chilling at.

Hey yall i from down south came up north to a state which has extreme potential for being legal in the not to far future i have previous experience with growing from mild outdoor grows to flood tables with 2000 watt of hps. I plan on doing fluorescent grow once its legal in this state I also have plenty of people to be a care giver for on the crops so i can turn around a good buck depending how the law gets laid out, hopefully good in the ways of free marketing it.
Dog you slapping at the hornets nest.
Thats funny. What kinda gets me is that according to the 1st post he had several grows behind him,,,even running 2000 watts hps over flood tables,,,,but then he says he was going to run floras for his Caregiving Grows... why would you do that when you know they wont flower buds like an HPS,,,especially if your growing for others. Did i miss something

I'd say something is missing, but not from you.

Cool,,,glad it wasnt the GDP i was smoking. Lol

Latest posts

Back