Howdy....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Upstairs Richie.... Hey man, I know your brother. LOL

When we live in the college housing, there was a guy named Richie who lived downstairs that we always called, Downstairs Richie.

Must be related, eh?

LOL

Welcome.... and, tell your brother I said, Hi. ;)

welcome to mp .it is the best site. my Dad had plants growing when he died and he never smoked a joint. never. He just liked growing .I think because it was illegal . welcome aboard. nice plant.

bozzo420
Thanks, I like the site...very informative...lots of friendly people. :yay:

Upstairs Richie.... Hey man, I know your brother. LOL

When we live in the college housing, there was a guy named Richie who lived downstairs that we always called, Downstairs Richie.

Must be related, eh?

LOL

Welcome.... and, tell your brother I said, Hi. ;)

that's funny.... I picked up the name, when I lived in a 3 story walk-up. Guy lived in the basement, we called Basement Richie.

Bottom line is if this hobby blossoms into more we will be glad to help you do that as well. Read through the stickies and ask any questions you may have. The only dumb question is the one not asked. We were all new to this at one point.

Here is another opinion.

Keep the pot and take off those two bottom new leaves and bury the stem to the top of the pot almost. Water when the soil is DRY... Stick your finger in down to the knuckle and feel for moisture. The thing about clay pots is they dry quickly which doesn't hurt marijuana. It likes a wet and dry cycle. That is a small pot and you will want to get a bigger in a couple of weeks. Just another thought for you to consider. I don't think I have ever disagreed with the Hamster, he knows his stuff and is a better grower then me. So keep that in mind. LOL

Good idea! :)

Thanks for the salve recipe. I cannot get pure alcohol in my state--the best I can do is 151, but I do use good trim and small popcorn bud rather than already vaped bud, so does have more cannabinoids initially.

I would suggest that think about growing organic. In some ways it is the easiest way to grow because unless the pH of your water is way out of whack, you do not need to worry about pH. I am currently using the General Hydroponics line of nutrients, called General Organics. You can buy a "GO Box" that contains all the nutrients for a number of plants from start to finish for $40. In addition, if you do run out of nutrients or decide that you do not want to buy premade nutes, you can make organic teas for feed. You could repot in an organic soil, removing as much of the MG soil as possible.

This is a hobby that is going to take a certain investment of time, money, knowledge, and love. It is about a 4 month process from planting a seed to smokable bud and there are numerous pitfalls all along the way. You need a well set up dedicated grow space and adequate lighting. Those fluoros are not going to be adequate for much longer.

Thanks for the salve recipe. I cannot get pure alcohol in my state--the best I can do is 151, but I do use good trim and small popcorn bud rather than already vaped bud, so does have more cannabinoids initially.

I would suggest that think about growing organic. In some ways it is the easiest way to grow because unless the pH of your water is way out of whack, you do not need to worry about pH. I am currently using the General Hydroponics line of nutrients, called General Organics. You can buy a "GO Box" that contains all the nutrients for a number of plants from start to finish for $40. In addition, if you do run out of nutrients or decide that you do not want to buy premade nutes, you can make organic teas for feed. You could repot in an organic soil, removing as much of the MG soil as possible.

This is a hobby that is going to take a certain investment of time, money, knowledge, and love. It is about a 4 month process from planting a seed to smokable bud and there are numerous pitfalls all along the way. You need a well set up dedicated grow space and adequate lighting. Those fluoros are not going to be adequate for much longer.

Hemp Goddess,

I've grown back in the 60s, and then in the 80s... not much info was available back then. I used to grow outdoors by railroad right of ways. I know the CFLs aren't going to work much longer... I read an article that you could use CFLs the whole grow. Don't know if that's even feasible?

I'll look into the General Organics.

Thanks for the input... I'll post if I have any more questions. Which I'm sure I will have. :)

I'm in pretty tight living quarters, so I have to worry about smell... any suggestions? I don't really have access to ventilation to the outside (condo building)

Thanks.

Growing has changed immensely since the 80s. In fact, it is not even the same game now. I really recommend against a CFL grow. It will cost more and yield substantially less, regardless from what it might appear initially. That article you read is pure fiction--no way are you going to get a 6.5 oz plant from 4 40W CFLs, which is what he is implying. He also makes no mention of ventilation. The pH kit he recommends is not nearly accurate enough for hydro. I could go on and on. I read a lot of these things where someone really over simplifies grow, but there is a lot to it and there are a lot of things that can go wrong. The bottom line is that there are no shortcuts to dank bud.

Growing has changed immensely since the 80s. In fact, it is not even the same game now. I really recommend against a CFL grow. It will cost more and yield substantially less, regardless from what it might appear initially. That article you read is pure fiction--no way are you going to get a 6.5 oz plant from 4 40W CFLs, which is what he is implying. He also makes no mention of ventilation. The pH kit he recommends is not nearly accurate enough for hydro. I could go on and on. I read a lot of these things where someone really over simplifies grow, but there is a lot to it and there are a lot of things that can go wrong. The bottom line is that there are no shortcuts to dank bud.

I kind of think the same thing....it doesn't seem very believable. I know there are no short cuts to anything worthwhile.
I didn't / don't expect 6.5 oz....seems impossible....and I believe what you're saying. i'm going to get some decent soil, and lights for this plant..
Appreciate your help. :)

Seems to be liking the light! The plant is looking a bit boyish. If you are not familiar with how to sex a plant, see if you can find a thread on it. It seems rather mysterious at first, but when you have done it a few times you realize how easy it is.

Seems to be liking the light! The plant is looking a bit boyish. If you are not familiar with how to sex a plant, see if you can find a thread on it. It seems rather mysterious at first, but when you have done it a few times you realize how easy it is.
THG,

I can't see much detail, or color. I'm legally blind. Have macular degeneration.

I'm an energy worker, and this plant is very happy, with good energy. The plant was losing energy in the first pictures. I used the General Organics GO BOX, that you recommended...low dose to start with. Plant's energy feels male... don't ask me how I know, I just feel it. :)

I bought a 40X lit scope, I'll try to use...
I've sexed plants before.
I know the males have pods / balls, females have hairs.

I use males for salve making.

I vape the leaves first, using my Extreme-Q...then dump them in a bottle of Everclear.

Seems to work well with male plant material.

Latest posts

Back