Tips to Preserve Your Cannabis for Longer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering about keeping it moist, after it had fully cured, and if it will be waiting for a long time to be smoked, I was wondering whether it would be even better to dry it out completely to preserve it better, then rehydrate it when it is intended to be consumed. I thought maybe dry bud will deteriorate slower than humid bud... any thoughts on that?

I use Boveda 62%. Works really well for me :aok:

storage is the operative word here---how long do you want to keep it is the question---light, air, and heat are the enemy that degrade the herb---vacuum sealed food grade mylar bags with oxygen absorbers are very effective for long term storage---have yet to see anything better---boveda packs in glass jars are effective for many from arid low humidity climates---at the end of the day if having too much herb is your problem---you just need to smoke more

LOL Orange,,, exactly.

Duck, i am going to try the boveda this year.

@Rose. Yeah they are pretty nice. Adds moisture when needed and removes moisture when needed.

Can you tell me how they work Duck? do you dry as usual and burp or what?

I dry as norm, burp them, ect. Boveda just keeps them at a constant humidity once dried. Always dry and cure as normal.

Thank you duck, i have wanted to ask that for a year. Ok.. One package per jar? do they last a year in there?

+1
I use the Boveda 62% also. I wait entirely till the curing process is completed before I pop one in the jars. Usually 2 1/2- 3 weeks minimum. They hold for a LONG time if stored in a cool dark environment :aok:

i have some herb from 2013 in long term storage with boveda packs vac sealed in a mason jar. still smells really nice. i smoked some last year and it was smooth and pretty stoney. the boveda packs i have are a couple years old and still have life. when they are done, they harden up. the 62% jibes well with my hygrometer. i cure my pot and get it below 60% before i throw the boveda pack in. one per quart jar. jeepers i am incoherant for noon time...

Thanks, very good info.

the new packs i saw yesterday, (62s),are much LARGER than the original, (the ones in brown cover) the new supposedly work much better and last longer. there is a color bar that reverses color when exhausted.(more accurate for used up signal). i have been using fresh fan leaves, kept in freezer for keeping weed in desired r.h. range. it's free and works great if u keep an eye on. most of u guys know this, i'm sure. it works like a fresh piece of bread in a tupperware jar full of cookies. keeps/ makes soft and yummy. don't know on l o n g term though. jmo

I have been using the Boveda 65's and 69's for over a year and the pot is still nice, fresh and moist.

I use a large (1/2 Gal) Ball canning jar and one large (I think it's 60 gram) Boveda pack. I put about an ounce or more in each jar. It fills it about 3/4 full.

Like I said, after about 15 months, the pot is still very nice and fresh.

http://www.bovedainc.com/solutions/herbal/

I been using them for a few years now. They remind me of a large sugar pack. I have noticed as well that they are best kept in vacuum sealed and in dark place as well until needed. and inside the jars I replace them every year or when the jar is used up. Like someone said they need to be changed when they are Hard.

in the freezer is good for me

or the cookie jar with Rh gauge for the next few months

and silica packs to hold the contents around 65%

in the freezer is good for me

or the cookie jar with Rh gauge for the next few months

and silica packs to hold the contents around 65%

shouldn't you dry them further than 65% before freezing? would their water content not burst the cells and ruin them?

shouldn't you dry them further than 65% before freezing? would their water content not burst the cells and ruin them?

I dont think so as we put fresh buds in freezer for making Bubble hash. I dont recommend storing long term in the freezer unless its for bubble hash

tcabs

not at all 65% does me just right

any dryer makes others cough

coughing over weed is seen as insulting by many

but to really make your weed last

get a vaporizer ..lol

not at all 65% does me just right

any dryer makes others cough

coughing over weed is seen as insulting by many

but to really make your weed last

get a vaporizer ..lol

true that, but if it were to be dried further then re-hydrated, it becomes good to smoke as long as it was cured prior to drying. I do have a vape and with or without it, I end up with stashes that stay around for very long. I have not dared to freeze them yet because of conflicting reports that say that the trichs fall off because they become very brittler, some suggested that it needed to be super dry prior to freezing, and so I had not concluded yet. I guess the best thing is to try a little stash myself see how well that goes

Latest posts

Back